A Disney Christmas Fix - four days of fun! 1/28 Summer/Cruising PTR started!!

Ok, I'll do it.
I might be able to start on it this weekend.:thumbsup2

A manpris.... a great spring break sight for you! Glad you are going to start a report of some shape this weekend.

Yippee!!
2-1.gif

Oh we twisted her arm! YAY YAY YAY !!! :yay:

What a wonderful surprise, the dessert party! I love that he thought of it. I keep hoping someday Jeff will actually do somehting like that but I'm not holding my breath. :rotfl2:

Those sugar cookies and cocoa look delish and I LOVE the windows, even with the glare it's so fun to see the displays.

It was fun, and I wouldn't have done it or thought to have, but I am glad he came up with it! He also thought we should stay at BLT for one night before our Feb cruise, which was entirely his suggestion, who am I to interfer with a man and his plans... :laughing:

We are very much looking forward to the adult cafe and bar and of course Paulo's. I don't even know if the pool will be open, that will be interesting to see.

Funny, Jeff was the opposite, not into the Riviera idea, which I've pitched more than once but he JUMPED on the Alaska idea on the first pitch. Go figure. Which means we have to do at least one float plane excursion. :goodvibes

Still, it's not exactly a relax pool drink trip and no castaway cay so I get where your DH is coming from. I'm thinking we will pack Bailey's instead of rum and make coffee drinks instead. :rotfl:

Paolo's is fabulous. AND dont get discouraged if you go to book and they are all booked up. the CMs I have spoken to suggest that they do not put 100% of the reservation slots online for prior booking. Which means there will be space, you may just need to be flexible about the night... just shoot for a night where you are on your second visit to a restaurant or the first, so you get to experience all locations. I personally would love to visit Alaska. DH not so much, and I think it is because he rode a motorcycle to Fairbanks... :rotfl: What can I say -- young and foolish are we in our twenties!!!

I am sure your kids will be just the right age to have some solo time and autonomy on the ship, which being Disney makes it easier to give them that, it is safe, etc. Hey, last year, while we were waiting to leave Port Canaveral, we ordered coffee drinks -- it was cold enough!! Sipping a coffee nudge watching for whales would be okay in my book!!! :thumbsup2

Next we walked back towards Main Street and found a spot for the parade. Right on Main Street outside the Emporium… The snow was falling! :santa:

I did make a quick stop in the Crystal Palace to get a photo of Tigger in the topiary…. I love his Christmas scarf!

mvmcp264.jpg

While we waited, I took photos of the balloons and the street entertainers before the parade, here is the barber shop singers who came over to entertain us…

mvmcp268.jpg

mvmcp269.jpg

mvmcp270.jpg

mvmcp271.jpg

I really tried to get the best photos I could, but I did get caught up watching, too! :laughing:

mvmcp274.jpg

mvmcp276.jpg

mvmcp278.jpg

mvmcp280.jpg

mvmcp282.jpg

mvmcp283.jpg

mvmcp284.jpg

mvmcp285.jpg

mvmcp287.jpg

mvmcp288.jpg

I got tired of dodging the woman in the purple shirt, too!!!! :laughing:

MORE in the next post!!! :santa:

Unfortunately my camera (or likely the photographer) doesn't do "night" pics very well.... my guess is that my camera can take better night photos, but the combination of speed, the moving CMs and floats, etc. and the dark probably doesn't suit an amature photographer like myself!!! I got better pics of the parade last year -- but it was daytime! And I didn't have the purple shirted lady to contend with - :laughing:

mvmcp303.jpg

mvmcp305.jpg

mvmcp307.jpg

mvmcp309.jpg

mvmcp310.jpg

mvmcp312.jpg

mvmcp314.jpg

mvmcp316.jpg

mvmcp317.jpg

mvmcp318.jpg

mvmcp324.jpg

mvmcp325.jpg

mvmcp329.jpg

mvmcp330.jpg

mvmcp332.jpg

mvmcp334.jpg

After the parade we got some more hot chocolate (hey, I stopped counting cups!) and went towards the castle to see the show…

I had never seen this one before, and I am glad I did. SO cute and fun! I really liked having the chance to see it! FUN FUN!!

While we waited, I got a few photos around the castle. I liked these two :goodvibes I tell you, I could gaze at those lights all night! SOOOO pretty! SOOOO festive! I :love: Christmas at Disney.

mvmcp336.jpg

mvmcp337.jpg

Castle show coming up NEXT!!! :santa:

BUT LOOK for it this weekend... :magnify: Because for NOW, I have got to get on my business for the day!!! :laughing: Swim lessons and soccer clinic!!!

The fun NEVER ends!!! :upsidedow

Your pictures turned out not back considering all you had to contend with :thumbsup2 Did I see you said snow was fallling, wow that would be fab on main street with flakes coming down, great effect :banana:

Great parade photos!
I :love: all of the holiday decorations.
How many months till Christmas? :laughing:

I know!!! I seriously think I am going to squirrel away to WDW again after this summer it might have to be in Dec again! :laughing: It really is so pretty.

We will be planning a big summer trip I know, but it will likely be Disney/Universal.... I have to make sure BOTH boys are tall enough for Universal, that is the challenge...

Your pictures turned out not back considering all you had to contend with :thumbsup2 Did I see you said snow was fallling, wow that would be fab on main street with flakes coming down, great effect :banana:

Yes! The snow flakes do fall on Mainstreet for the evening parade! They do as well for Osborne lights too. Really festive at night!!!

WHAT??????????? I didn't know about this report!!!! :faint:

You need to send me a bat signal or something!!! I kept thinking hmmmm didnt' she go again after CA?!!

Well I guess I know what I will be doing later tonight....catching up on your TR!! And wait....aren't you going on a cruise soon too? :eek:

Tracy

WHAT??????????? I didn't know about this report!!!! :faint:

You need to send me a bat signal or something!!! I kept thinking hmmmm didnt' she go again after CA?!!

Well I guess I know what I will be doing later tonight....catching up on your TR!! And wait....aren't you going on a cruise soon too? :eek:

Tracy

Hey you!!!:rotfl: That is so funny. I was just thinking I hadn't seen you over here!! I was chuckling about something you said on one thread or another!!! We'll catch up! It is almost over :laughing: But yes, DH and I cruising in a month and a bit...

I am so excited for your girls only Slushie do or die trip... :thumbsup2

I need to go back in December just to see this parade, I'm still so bummed that I missed it! Thanks for sharing your pics, purple shirt lady would have gotten on my nerves too....... :rolleyes1

It's all so colorful and festive.

Do you recognize one of the Main Street Quartet guys as a former pre-Beauty and the Beast show singer? He looks familiar, and I think he might have been a 4 for a Dollar guy or whatever they were called.

Great update! I would LOVE to be there and see the holiday decorations one year. I can't see leaving for Christmas but Thanksgiving? Absolutely!

It was fun, and I wouldn't have done it or thought to have, but I am glad he came up with it! He also thought we should stay at BLT for one night before our Feb cruise, which was entirely his suggestion, who am I to interfer with a man and his plans... :laughing:
I wouldn't be interfering either. :thumbsup2

Paolo's is fabulous. AND dont get discouraged if you go to book and they are all booked up. the CMs I have spoken to suggest that they do not put 100% of the reservation slots online for prior booking. Which means there will be space, you may just need to be flexible about the night... just shoot for a night where you are on your second visit to a restaurant or the first, so you get to experience all locations. I personally would love to visit Alaska. DH not so much, and I think it is because he rode a motorcycle to Fairbanks... :rotfl: What can I say -- young and foolish are we in our twenties!!!

I am sure your kids will be just the right age to have some solo time and autonomy on the ship, which being Disney makes it easier to give them that, it is safe, etc. Hey, last year, while we were waiting to leave Port Canaveral, we ordered coffee drinks -- it was cold enough!! Sipping a coffee nudge watching for whales would be okay in my book!!! :thumbsup2

Good feedback, I'm still a bit confused on how the whole rotational dining thing actually works, is it just dinner or what, not really good info out there for the total neophyte. Every cruise I've ever been on was really fend for yourself until dinner and then that was set at a same time/table each night. So, given that I don't have a good idea as what night or nights I'd even want Palos. :rotfl: Given that we are last on the totem pole for booking anything as it's our first Disney cruise, it will be interesting to see what is really available...or not.

What's interesting is SOME of the info says the Wonder has Edge (the tween club) and others say it does not....I really hope it does but right now in the planning center it doesn't look like it does. That would be nice but, oh well. A bit dissapointed in the spa offerings as well but then again, it helps save money for excursions I guess.

I do confess though it occurred to me that now-March would be a good time to look for winter layering clearance stuff for the trip...scored at Lucy today. :rotfl:

Hey, I figure I can wear it here now and then in Alaska in Aug.

Motorcyle to Fairbanks??????????:scared1: That's a riot. I have family that used to live in Fairbanks. My cousin actually did the ultimate alaska no-no ala The Christmas Story. Yep, licked the frost on a pole.

Not good. Not good at all.

I need to go back in December just to see this parade, I'm still so bummed that I missed it! Thanks for sharing your pics, purple shirt lady would have gotten on my nerves too....... :rolleyes1

HA! Well she didn't realize it, of course, but it was kinda funny! I wish I had a chance to see all the Epcot Santas! I think you can't get it all in on one trip...

It's all so colorful and festive.

Do you recognize one of the Main Street Quartet guys as a former pre-Beauty and the Beast show singer? He looks familiar, and I think he might have been a 4 for a Dollar guy or whatever they were called.

Geeze, MeMom, I am impressed! I would never know a CM from one show to another! Well, maybe! I suspect they all do multiple roles... right?

Oh that parade looks like so much fun!!! What a great time!!!

OOOH the Dapper Dans...they are just so awesome!!!!

I really loved the pictures of the Walt and Mickey statue with the Castle behind it....WOW...simply stunning!!!

I really can't wait to hear more about the show! Hope you are having a great weekend!

Great update! I would LOVE to be there and see the holiday decorations one year. I can't see leaving for Christmas but Thanksgiving? Absolutely!

I wouldn't be interfering either. :thumbsup2

I agree with you, Thanksgiving is a good time I think, and right after (when we went) worked well.. the week OF Thanksgiving would be best for us work wise, b/c we have time off, so no leave required, but the price is up b/c it is holiday.

I was thrilled, needless to say! Can't wait to hang out in the Top of the World lounge for the afternoon. :thumbsup2

Good feedback, I'm still a bit confused on how the whole rotational dining thing actually works, is it just dinner or what, not really good info out there for the total neophyte. Every cruise I've ever been on was really fend for yourself until dinner and then that was set at a same time/table each night. So, given that I don't have a good idea as what night or nights I'd even want Palos. :rotfl: Given that we are last on the totem pole for booking anything as it's our first Disney cruise, it will be interesting to see what is really available...or not.

What's interesting is SOME of the info says the Wonder has Edge (the tween club) and others say it does not....I really hope it does but right now in the planning center it doesn't look like it does. That would be nice but, oh well. A bit dissapointed in the spa offerings as well but then again, it helps save money for excursions I guess.

Well I remember seeing a "tween" club, it was up in the roost, I believe they called it... ? Maybe that is actually for teens, though, and your guys are too young... I am sure that is what it was called... I am almost positive there was something... I have a Passporter's cruise book the past two editions, I can check to see if they say anything, but I would think Disney can confirm? :confused3

Well your cruise is a week, right? So basically pick the night you DON'T have Pirate night, and NOT the same restaurant as Pirate Night, b/c I think what would be the case for you is that you have all restaurants twice... If it were me, I'd tell you to skip Parrot Cay, make that your Palo's night, and make your reservation LATE, so your kids can have dinner there, with you, then go hang out while you guys have dinner...

[/quote]

I do confess though it occurred to me that now-March would be a good time to look for winter layering clearance stuff for the trip...scored at Lucy today. :rotfl:

Hey, I figure I can wear it here now and then in Alaska in Aug.

Motorcyle to Fairbanks??????????:scared1: That's a riot. I have family that used to live in Fairbanks. My cousin actually did the ultimate alaska no-no ala The Christmas Story. Yep, licked the frost on a pole.

Not good. Not good at all.

Oh yes, I have been trolling for some cheap summer stuff, too! Lucy has nice stuff! :thumbsup2 Just about ready to get some new yellow box flip flops on line, to go with my new swim coverup!

Yes, my DH rode his motorcycle to Fairbanks. He was twenty something!!! Makes me laugh!!! He sold that bike a while ago, but he has a new one now. NOT taking that trip anytime soon!!! :laughing: Wow! I love that story -- I have only seen the version of The Christmas Story! :laughing:

Oh that parade looks like so much fun!!! What a great time!!!

OOOH the Dapper Dans...they are just so awesome!!!!

I really loved the pictures of the Walt and Mickey statue with the Castle behind it....WOW...simply stunning!!!

I really can't wait to hear more about the show! Hope you are having a great weekend!

Hi ya JEN! Well actually we are having a nice weekend, the boys stayed up late tonight, we are watching Pirates of the Caribbean! :laughing: I can't keep these two still they are bouncing around all over the place! Griffin starts fencing lessons next Saturday.. he is ... a little excited... :rolleyes1

I hope to finish this TR over the three day weekend! Then I will be cruising towards my Cruise! :laughing:

Just found your TR and I must say that this is the perfect kidless get-a-way. Really enjoyed reading about your relaxing days and evenings. I think I would have a great time just visiting all the resorts, relaxing by the pool, drinking and eating. Throw MVMCP in there and you have a total winner.

BTW - your boys are really cute!

Yeay for more Christmas pictures!!! You know I have to say I love those Christmas balloons on Main Street! Yet another reason to during the holidays. :laughing:

Love all the parade pictures! I think it is just so cute that all the characters wear scarfs and look all Christmas-y for the parade.

Love the parade photos. It really is a magical time of year to be there and the decorations make it all so festive!

Good job, everyone, peer pressuring Wigd into a highlights TR! :thumbsup2 :rotfl:

I have to go look for the cruise TR you mentioned with the pictures of the Dream... I have been feeling the cruise bug biting lately! :eek:

What a nice relaxing time you both had :goodvibes So happy that you loved Kidani....I really love that resort....the location, animals, smells, decor :cloud9:

Too funny about your repeat performance at Blue Zoo!!! :rotfl: I am excited to eat there in May and I am soooo getting that Bazooka Joe cocktail!! We have looked over the drink selections already :rolleyes1 I remember seeing a drink flavored with bacon :scared1:

I was devastated they took the mussels off the menu at Jiko :eek: I ended up canceling that reservation last October and changing to Shula's which was a very good choice :thumbsup2

MVCCP pictures were beautiful...I will get there during the holidays at some point :rolleyes: Just love that castle :goodvibes Glad you enjoyed your hot chocolate :rotfl:

So excited for your cruise...is this on the Dream or the Wonder? I really, really want to hop on another ship.... :upsidedow

Tracy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter