A Disney Christmas Fix - four days of fun! 1/28 Summer/Cruising PTR started!!

A fun first day at Disney :thumbsup2
Your room at Kidani is beautiful. I love the colors.
An afternoon at the pool in November sounds wonderful :cloud9:

I definitely want to try Blue Zoo and that Bazooka cockail.

I'm here!

what fun Christmas pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where did you get the boys pj's. Evan is dying for a man's style pair of PJ's and they seem to go non existent between a youth size 8 and a mens small. He tried to use xmas money at the mall yesterday for a set but they simply didn't exist.

Of course the money was buring a whole in his pocket so it's now gone but....it'd be a fun surprise for him to get him a "pajama suit" as he calls it.

I'm here!

what fun Christmas pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where did you get the boys pj's. Evan is dying for a man's style pair of PJ's and they seem to go non existent between a youth size 8 and a mens small. He tried to use xmas money at the mall yesterday for a set but they simply didn't exist.

Of course the money was buring a whole in his pocket so it's now gone but....it'd be a fun surprise for him to get him a "pajama suit" as he calls it.

Hey! I just posted over on your TR!!! The GAP!!!! They have them every year... they went on sale, though, so not sure if they still have them... I got a new set for DS5 there... But the ones you see them in from the photos I bought are Mickey (from last year) ... still fit. But they have new ones on sale at the DISNEY site right now... if he can stand Mickey...

Otherwise check out Gap. I can give you the style # to see if they are in a store somewhere random...

A fun first day at Disney :thumbsup2
Your room at Kidani is beautiful. I love the colors.
An afternoon at the pool in November sounds wonderful :cloud9:

I definitely want to try Blue Zoo and that Bazooka cockail.

it was really good! I still like the Zooberry best, but try both! Bazooka was actually less sweet... more of a tang.

It was a fun day/evening. I was happy to be there, of course! :cloud9: I really liked Kidani, actually -- the pool was really nice. I have lots of pics on the resort, will share those in the next posts... :thumbsup2

Hi!

We do a Disney Tree too! I'm just not as on-the-ball as you with posting pictures!!!! Everyone knows...if it ain't Disney, it does not go on the tree!!!

I wish I had the patience for making cookies...especially with the kids! They look great! We did end up with a Mickey pumpkin cutter and a snow man Mickey cutter this year...I might just have to find a classic Mickey head cutter...and make my DH make them!!!! :rotfl2:

I'll be reading along...waiting for the next 228 days till I get to Mickey's House!

it was really good! I still like the Zooberry best, but try both! Bazooka was actually less sweet... more of a tang.

It was a fun day/evening. I was happy to be there, of course! :cloud9: I really liked Kidani, actually -- the pool was really nice. I have lots of pics on the resort, will share those in the next posts... :thumbsup2

Can't wait to see your Kidani photos!
We're having a hard time not staying at BLT because of the 2 bathrooms in a 1 br. Kidani has the same set-up, so it's definitely appealing.
I'd love to stay there, but am wondering if it's too far from everything. Did you find Kidani too far?

Oh my gosh HD, an intro and 2 updates already?! I feel so totally behind! :laughing:

I love all your Christmas pics, your house is beautiful, looks like something you'd see in a magazine!

I just heard about the Blue Zoo not that long ago - might have been from you actually - I'd really like to try it, your drink sounds sooooo sweet though, how was it?

I love HGTV, too... I get lots of fun ideas from there!

I think I need your help sprucing up my house. It is in serious need of help these days -- the kids' rooms and bathroom are the only ones that seem pulled together anymore. :rolleyes:

Oh, I know, I know! Sorry CP!!! I have to get that link set up over there, don't I!!!! :laughing:

Sorry -- it's that Type A Personality I have! :laughing:

I tell you, DH may be willing to do a Disney Christmas again if we go the Fort Wilderness cabin route... just because it would be so different... I have to get creative! :laughing: Though he did say he wouldn't want to be down there today... 31 degrees!!!! :eek: I say put on a sweater.... and no Splash mountain!! :laughing:

Christmas in a Fort Wilderness cabin would be perfect! :lmao: to the sweater and no Splash Mountain. Luckily Disney does have heating inside all the attractions, shops, and restaurants. ;)

What a perfect first day on your trip! I don't think it registered in my mind that you were staying at Kidani! How fun! What a nice relaxing start to hang out at the pool drinking and reading! I always love the gingerbread creations at Disney! Next year I must make it a goal to do a gingerbread house -- not that it will look anything like a Disney one. :laughing: Crab nachos sound delicious! Was your Bazooka drink as sweet as it looks? Fireworks at Cali Grill! :cloud9:

Great start to your TR! :thumbsup2

It looks like you had a great Christmas with the bonus of being able to start your report. :banana:

I love all the holiday decorations around WDW in Nov/Dec - I can't wait to see them in person some day. :goodvibes

I'm looking forward to your Christmas trip report!

We stayed in a cabin back in Sept. and loved it! There is plenty of room and I loved having the kitchen. The bus situation there is unique, but once you figure it out it's not too bad. It takes more time but that is the only drawback! There are lots of activities going on there. It was a lot of fun! Rent a golf cart if you go!

Hi!

We do a Disney Tree too! I'm just not as on-the-ball as you with posting pictures!!!! Everyone knows...if it ain't Disney, it does not go on the tree!!!

I wish I had the patience for making cookies...especially with the kids! They look great! We did end up with a Mickey pumpkin cutter and a snow man Mickey cutter this year...I might just have to find a classic Mickey head cutter...and make my DH make them!!!! :rotfl2:

I'll be reading along...waiting for the next 228 days till I get to Mickey's House!

Oh well this was my first Disney tree... I actually brought the tree with me to Disney World last year, in our BC villa where we stayed that week. It is a $40.00 tree from Target that I bought last year :laughing: I them have been buying ornaments 2 -3 at a time each trip. This Nov/Dec trip I picked out 4 and was really excited to get home and set it up!!! I love that thiere is a Mickey SNOW man cookie cutter! TOO CUTE! I love the big blow up Mickey and Minnie santas on the MK entrance gate !!! :santa:

Can't wait to see your Kidani photos!
We're having a hard time not staying at BLT because of the 2 bathrooms in a 1 br. Kidani has the same set-up, so it's definitely appealing.
I'd love to stay there, but am wondering if it's too far from everything. Did you find Kidani too far?

It is really quite nice. I do agree that it is a little walk over to Jambo House to get food, for instance... but they have a refill station for soda at Kidani. I think they had coffee -- can't recall. We only got soda this time in our mugs, b/c we had coffee in the room... However I really liked it. Personally I really enjoyed the pool area, as well. the walk was fine. It also may depend on where your ROOM is... we were close on that end, now that I think of it... so if you are on the opposite side it could be quite a trek?

Oh my gosh HD, an intro and 2 updates already?! I feel so totally behind! :laughing:

I love all your Christmas pics, your house is beautiful, looks like something you'd see in a magazine!

I just heard about the Blue Zoo not that long ago - might have been from you actually - I'd really like to try it, your drink sounds sooooo sweet though, how was it?

Oh you are not behind! I just got started!!! Thanks for the compliments, I enjoy decorating for Christmas... RE the Blue Zoo... yes the drink actually wasn't too sweet. I thought it would be, too, but it was a tangy sweet, if that makes sense... the zooberry was fabulous but sweeter in my opinion. I liked both, but probably zooberry more, b/c I love rasberries, etc.

I think I need your help sprucing up my house. It is in serious need of help these days -- the kids' rooms and bathroom are the only ones that seem pulled together anymore. :rolleyes:

Oh I know that feeling! I swear, my kids sleep on better mattresses than we do!!! I remember the pics from this summer, very nice bedroom makeover!

Sorry -- it's that Type A Personality I have! :laughing:

I wish I were more type A -- I'd get more accomplished daily :laughing:

Christmas in a Fort Wilderness cabin would be perfect! :lmao: to the sweater and no Splash Mountain. Luckily Disney does have heating inside all the attractions, shops, and restaurants. ;)

I know! I really think it would be a fun change... we would bring our car so no trouble with the busses I think. I like the idea of it. But I am not sure I wouldn't rather be at the Wilderness lodge villas, either... Though I don't think we will be going back there in 2011... not for Christmas officially... I think our next trip will have to include Universal. But you know me. Never say never! :laughing:

What a perfect first day on your trip! I don't think it registered in my mind that you were staying at Kidani! How fun! What a nice relaxing start to hang out at the pool drinking and reading! I always love the gingerbread creations at Disney! Next year I must make it a goal to do a gingerbread house -- not that it will look anything like a Disney one. :laughing: Crab nachos sound delicious! Was your Bazooka drink as sweet as it looks? Fireworks at Cali Grill! :cloud9:

It was a great day, and yes, we were able to get a studio at Kidani, and it was so incredibly reasonable, how could we say NO??!! :rolleyes:

I'll share resort pics in the next posts, you'll see. It is nice. I'd stay again. I love the AK lodge area now. Really neat. makes you feel like you are somewhere else... it's got such a great feel to it.

OH DO make a gingerbread house! They are so fun! We make them each year, the boys and I... the icicles I painstakenly apply always "disappear" over the course of a week, but oh well. It looks pretty for a day! Then the boys can't wait until after New Year's so they can take a hammer to it :lmao:

The Bazooka was sweet but not cloyingly so.... like I really thought it was going to be like cotton candy sweet. But it wasn't. the crab nachos were AMAZING. DH said we were coming back for those alone while we were eating them! :rotfl:

Great start to your TR! :thumbsup2

It looks like you had a great Christmas with the bonus of being able to start your report. :banana:

I love all the holiday decorations around WDW in Nov/Dec - I can't wait to see them in person some day. :goodvibes

Thanks, Amy! We did have a great time and it is fun to get this TR started!!! I should be done in the next few days! The decorations are beautiful. You are lucky though, you have seen the Flower Garden decorations, and I have never seen those!!!

I'm looking forward to your Christmas trip report!

We stayed in a cabin back in Sept. and loved it! There is plenty of room and I loved having the kitchen. The bus situation there is unique, but once you figure it out it's not too bad. It takes more time but that is the only drawback! There are lots of activities going on there. It was a lot of fun! Rent a golf cart if you go!

We stayed in a cabin once, our very first trip with family. It was fun! It was an add on to a stay at the WLodge villas. We only spent two nights there, I have to say, but I agree, what you get is nice for the price. We had rented a car, so we had transportation. I would totally rent a golf cart and decorate it!! I saw such cute ones when we went on the sleigh ride and to the Hoop de Do. :thumbsup2

I'm so glad that you linked this, I didn't want to miss out on the fun.

Your house is gorgeous and the cookies looked yummy.

The boys looked like they had a wonderful Christmas.

I'm here and enjoying your report so far. Your Christmas trip last year really helped us to plan what to see on our trip we took this December. Thanks!

...you have seen the Flower Garden decorations, and I have never seen those!!!

You would love going during F&G time. After a gray Tennessee winter, seeing those beautiful flowers and that sunshine and my wonderful palm trees - it just signifies the official start of spring for me. It's such a different world and honestly just exhilarating! I am not a gardener by any means, but I love to look at all the bright flowers and just see the 'aliveness' of things again. :)

WOOT WOOT I'm here!! I so would love to be at DIsney during Christmas time!! Going back to get all caught up!!

BTW Have I missed your link to your Cruise PTR...I can't find it LOL!!!

I'm so glad that you linked this, I didn't want to miss out on the fun.

Your house is gorgeous and the cookies looked yummy.

The boys looked like they had a wonderful Christmas.

Thanks! I am glad you found us!!! :goodvibes We did have a wonderful Christmas, I just wish there was some snow!!! I know I shouldn't wish for it after last year's snowmaggedon, but I miss it!!

I have lots of fun to share! :thumbsup2

I'm here and enjoying your report so far. Your Christmas trip last year really helped us to plan what to see on our trip we took this December. Thanks!

YAY! I am so glad! Hey!!! I didn't realize that you had a PTR/TR for your trip!!??!! I see the link in your signature, though, and will check out what I missed before you left! I hope you will post TR pics, too??!! :goodvibes

Glad you are here! Did you go to MVMCP??

You would love going during F&G time. After a gray Tennessee winter, seeing those beautiful flowers and that sunshine and my wonderful palm trees - it just signifies the official start of spring for me. It's such a different world and honestly just exhilarating! I am not a gardener by any means, but I love to look at all the bright flowers and just see the 'aliveness' of things again. :)

Oh I know I would totally love it, I would be in my element. I LOVE FLOWERS!!!!

Well, some day I am sure!

WOOT WOOT I'm here!! I so would love to be at DIsney during Christmas time!! Going back to get all caught up!!

BTW Have I missed your link to your Cruise PTR...I can't find it LOL!!!

Oh So glad you are here!!!! Oh no you have not missed that yet, I am like CP in that regard, I cannot keep two PTR/TRs going at once!! I am not that organized!! :laughing: Once I finish this CHristmas one, I will start the next... it will include both cruises and Vero... and my Spring break trip to Italy!

Very Christmassy start to your TR! :santa: I love your decorations and cookie baking....gotta get me one of those Mickey cookie cutters! Awesome that you and DH got a little get away! Looking forward to more! :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter