A Dis meet, loopy luau, and 1900 PF fight all on our June trip~plus more!'10 PTR link

Sounds like you brought a little of Disney to Nashville:goodvibes Can't wait to hear morepopcorn::

Hey Tink!!! How did I miss this?? You're already off to a great start, what a fun Dismeet! I'm so excited to read about your trip, I've been looking forward to it for so long :goodvibes:

I also started a new TR since our plans changed. The link's in my sig, check it out!

Hey girl, I was wondering when you'd make it over here! I'll have to check out your new TR.

Just found your TR, great start - awesome how you had a Dis-Meet before even getting to WDW!

We had a great week, about to start my report too. Almost through all of my photopass pics. Before boarders and stuff I had about 250 pictures - after adding boarders - close to 800 pictures! Yikes :scared1:.

Can't wait until day 2! :thumbsup2

Glad you made it over here! Haha...we have a ton of pictures!

HI there! I am so LATE! I can't believe this is 7 pages long already and I am just now tuning in!

I will try not to just lurk this time!

Awesome start! It was great to meet you! :)

Yeah...that's nice... This is where the whole "you have to eat your veggies" deal started! :thumbsup2

Hey girl! It was so much fun to meet you!

Sounds like you brought a little of Disney to Nashville:goodvibes Can't wait to hear morepopcorn::

Glad you made it over!

Great start and a great Dismeet! I hope I can do that someday. :goodvibes

Glad you made it over!

Looking forward to reading more about your trip. You and your boyfriend make such a cute couple.

I'm longing to see some Old Key West pictures!

Is it time yet? :jumping1:
Are we there yet? Are we almost there, huh?

:)can't wait to hear more!

Glad you made it here!

Looking forward to reading more about your trip. You and your boyfriend make such a cute couple.

Aw thanks. Glad you made it here!

I'm longing to see some Old Key West pictures!

Is it time yet? :jumping1:
Are we there yet? Are we almost there, huh?

Haha, I'm sorry we're so slow MeMom! It's been crazy busy since we've gotten home with 4th of July...getting ready for Sis's senior pictures on Thursday...unpacking...and I had to take the little guy to the doctor yesterday. I promise...SOON! Don't leave! :flower3:

Jumping on board with your TR as well. Since we were there at the same time I'm curious to see if any of our time overlapped.

Shame I didn't know you were in Nashville - we live 45 minutes from OpryMills mall. It is a great mall isn't it!

Joining in - what an awesome dismeet!

Glad you made it over!

Jumping on board with your TR as well. Since we were there at the same time I'm curious to see if any of our time overlapped.

Shame I didn't know you were in Nashville - we live 45 minutes from OpryMills mall. It is a great mall isn't it!

I'd love to see if we were at the same places at the same time! It is a GREAT mall!

Day 2: Sunday June 21 *Father’s Day*

I woke up a bit earlier than everyone else around 4:45 a.m. I just can’t sleep knowing we’re on our way to WDW! We were out of the room around 6:10 a.m. and drove awhile until we decided to stop for breakfast at a Cracker Barrel. After we got into Georgia (yeah Dawn!) and changed time zones, we stopped for gas. While at this gas station, I was lucky enough to get checked out by some creep-o truck driver! Ick. After making it past Atlanta, we stopped at a McDonald’s to eat lunch.

FINALLY, we made it to Florida. I had been texting xoktnox all day, but I had to send her a text “WE ARE IN FL NOW!!!!” in all caps! Haha. We always stop at the Welcome Center to get WDW brochures to increase our excitement of getting closer.

Less than an hour later, we made it into Gainesville around 5 p.m. This next bit some of you may have read about when xoktnox did a live update on my PTR for y’all. We were at the stop light waiting to turn…it was the longest red light EVER…and there’s a bum right in line with our car standing out on the grass midsection. He starts checking out our car and mouthing “nnnnnnnnnnnnnice”. He kept looking at Dad, hoping Dad would give him some money but Sis and I kept saying “Don’t look at him Dad, don’t look at him Dad!” There was just something about this bum that was WAY too creepy.

Finally, the light turned green and we made it to our hotel, which was called Homewood Suites-Hilton. It was SO nice…so nice that I had to take pictures to share!

Right when you walk in the door: Haha, Dad’s on the phone telling Grandpa ‘Happy Father’s Day’

disney091002.jpg

Directly to the right-the cutest kitchen:

disney091003.jpg

disney091008.jpg

To the left of the living room- the 1st bedroom with me, B/F, and Sis..I was told they would hurt me if I posted this picture…but they’ll never know so SHHHH!

disney091004.jpg

Our bathroom connected to our bedroom:

disney091005.jpg

To the right of the living room- the 2nd bedroom for Mom and Dad:

disney091006.jpg

Their bathroom connected to their bedroom- Mom says to please excuse her tired car ride face, haha:

disney091007.jpg

After we all got ready, we headed out to Red Lobster to celebrate Father’s Day. There was surprisingly not that bad of a crowd! I’m sorry, but I didn’t write down what we ate this day and I can’t remember what it all was! After we ate, we went to Target to get a few things. I got an electric toothbrush and some cute sandals that were on sale.

Then, we went back to the room and watched ‘Ghostbusters’ on t.v. before going to bed.

Up next: WE MAKE IT TO WDW! What will be our first ride of the day at the MK?

After we got into Georgia (yeah Dawn!) and changed time zones, we stopped for gas. While at this gas station, I was lucky enough to get checked out by some creep-o truck driver! Ick.

yep, you were in georgia! :lmao:

that is one of my pet peeves!!!!! one day i was at a gas station and was walking in to pay and get a bottle of water. i had on jeans and a t-shirt....nothing fancy. it's not like i was dressed like a hoochie mama or anything. anyway, these two guys whistle at me. i just rolled my eyes and kept walking. well, i turned around right before i was going in the store and they were COMING INTO THE STORE, TOO!!!! i mean, what idiot whistles at a girl and then has to face her right afterwards????? usually they at least have enough of a brain to do it as they're pulling away in a car or something. so we get in the store and i hear them still making remarks about me. so finally i get in line and they get right behind me and i'd had it with the laughing and making rude comments by that time, so i turned around and said, "can i ask you something? has the whistling thing EVER worked to actually get you a date??????" they just looked at me, completely stunned and didn't know what to say. i said, "yeah, i didn't think so," and turned back around. why do guys do this???? GET A CLUE!!!!!!

okay....sorry. rant over. i just hate it when someone disrespects a woman like that when said woman isn't asking for it.

Finally, the light turned green and we made it to our hotel, which was called Homewood Suites-Hilton. It was SO nice…so nice that I had to take pictures to share!

wow.....that hotel was VERY nice! i may have to ask you about it later the next time i need a non-disney hotel anywhere. i'm sure it's a chain, right?

That hotel room looks absolutely beautiful. And, you won't believe this, but I have THAT EXACT SAME BOOKBAG!

Sorry about the creepy guys everywhere--I promise they just have never seen anyone as cute as you and your sister!

Great update--can't wait for more!

I got to get typing soon and finishing, as I have another PTR to start!

that is one of my pet peeves!!!!! one day i was at a gas station and was walking in to pay and get a bottle of water. i had on jeans and a t-shirt....nothing fancy. it's not like i was dressed like a hoochie mama or anything. anyway, these two guys whistle at me. i just rolled my eyes and kept walking. well, i turned around right before i was going in the store and they were COMING INTO THE STORE, TOO!!!! i mean, what idiot whistles at a girl and then has to face her right afterwards????? usually they at least have enough of a brain to do it as they're pulling away in a car or something. so we get in the store and i hear them still making remarks about me. so finally i get in line and they get right behind me and i'd had it with the laughing and making rude comments by that time, so i turned around and said, "can i ask you something? has the whistling thing EVER worked to actually get you a date??????" they just looked at me, completely stunned and didn't know what to say. i said, "yeah, i didn't think so," and turned back around. why do guys do this???? GET A CLUE!!!!!!

okay....sorry. rant over. i just hate it when someone disrespects a woman like that when said woman isn't asking for it.

wow.....that hotel was VERY nice! i may have to ask you about it later the next time i need a non-disney hotel anywhere. i'm sure it's a chain, right?

Woo! Go Dawn! :woohoo: I do hate it when guys are like that.

Yeah, I'm guessing it's a chain! You know I'll try and help you with whatever!

That hotel room looks absolutely beautiful. And, you won't believe this, but I have THAT EXACT SAME BOOKBAG!

Sorry about the creepy guys everywhere--I promise they just have never seen anyone as cute as you and your sister!

Great update--can't wait for more!

I got to get typing soon and finishing, as I have another PTR to start!

The blue bookbag that's my Mom's?! That's hilarious! She loves that bag for WDW. It's been through quite a few trips!

Haha, you're so nice. B/F always protects Sis and I when things like that happens.

That kicthen is so cute. What a nice place!!

YAY you make to to Disney in your next update. Can't wait.

That looked like quite the hotel! We actually stopped in Gainesville to use the restroom on our way up to Northern Florida! They have a very lovely Borders there! :rotfl: I was exhausted on our drive from Orlando to Carrabelle (an hour outside of Tallahassee), so you guys must have been beat! I don't know how I could drive to Disney from Buffalo. Just not gonna happen!

That kicthen is so cute. What a nice place!!

YAY you make to to Disney in your next update. Can't wait.

It was a great place. Finally-Disney next!

That looked like quite the hotel! We actually stopped in Gainesville to use the restroom on our way up to Northern Florida! They have a very lovely Borders there! :rotfl: I was exhausted on our drive from Orlando to Carrabelle (an hour outside of Tallahassee), so you guys must have been beat! I don't know how I could drive to Disney from Buffalo. Just not gonna happen!

Haha, Gainesville is nice! Yeah, we were tired...but it's nice to break the drive up in two nights. Definately keeps us from going nuts in the car!

So glad you took pictures. That was a really nice room! It's funny that since I've been on the Dis, I take pictures of the hotel rooms we stay in because I always think "Someone will want to see this." LOL.

Im in and Im all caught up. Great tr so far, I would have hated stopping in Gainsville knowing I was that close to wdw. :sad2:

Day 2: Sunday June 21 *Father’s Day*

I woke up a bit earlier than everyone else around 4:45 a.m. I just can’t sleep knowing we’re on our way to WDW! We were out of the room around 6:10 a.m. and drove awhile until we decided to stop for breakfast at a Cracker Barrel. After we got into Georgia (yeah Dawn!) and changed time zones, we stopped for gas.

FINALLY, we made it to Florida. I had been texting xoktnox all day, but I had to send her a text “WE ARE IN FL NOW!!!!” in all caps! Haha. We always stop at the Welcome Center to get WDW brochures to increase our excitement of getting closer.

After we all got ready, we headed out to Red Lobster to celebrate Father’s Day. There was surprisingly not that bad of a crowd!

Up next: WE MAKE IT TO WDW! What will be our first ride of the day at the MK?

We thought about you Sunday morning and were so excited to to know you were finally headed to Florida!

Flying is so nice, because you get there within two hours, but you do miss the thrill of stopping at the Welcome Center for pictures, juice, and brochures. It does look like we're going to be driving down on our Christmas trip, though, so we'll look forward to doing that again on that trip. Even though we've seen the same brochures a thousand times, it's still exciting. I even lived in Florida (St. Pete), but it's still fun to make that exciting Welcome Center stop!

It's nice that your dad got to be in Florida on Father's Day! :cool1:

Too funny. I'm sure the other people in the store loved it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter