A cousin of Tonga Toast??

cruisnfamily

DIS Veteran
I was looking at the breakfast menu at Boatwrights at Port Orleans Riverside and I saw this:Banana-stuffed French Toast - Banana-stuffed Texas toast, strawberry banana sauce and choice of bacon, sausage, or ham $7.99

Would this be the infamous Tonga Toast? Or some variation thereof?

Anybody tried this?

I've had both and they're similar but I don't think the version at POR is rolled in cinnamon.

I have not had the official Tonga Toast but let me tell you, the Boatwrights version is amazing! I also ordered a fruit smoothie and I was full until 6 pm dinner. We are making a special trip to have this when we are there this year even though we will be staying at WL. It was that good!

Wishing everyone a "magical" day!:wave:

It is the same (cinnamon and all) at Boatwiright's and IMO--better than the version at Kona! I love the strawberry sauce on it! We have had both many, many times and will always choose the Boatwright's version. It used to be called the "Crazy Cajun" but folks wouldn't order it because they thought it would be "hot and spicey"! Thus, the name change. I thought the Crazy Cajun was pretty cute.

Well, that settles it! You guys have made me hungry! I'm definitely going to try this on our May trip.

I did enjoy the french toast at Boatwright's more than at Kona.
Also loved the Tonga Toast but it is just too sweet for my taste
lately. The strawberry sauce with the toast at POR is the best.
I'm now hooked on the eggs benedict at the Kona.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter