• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A couple of questions, WISH and my chances of getting in to W&D in Nov

bellelayne1

in my happy place and I have my mouse ears on.
Hi All!
I'm new to walking/running for fun. I did a 5k in 2014, another in 2015 and I'm trying to do more this year. A 5K is not much for some but for me it is pretty huge. Anyway I see on here you can become a member of WISH. What is WISH, and how do I become a member? There was a link that said just post but it was from 2012...I didn't think that was it.
Also I want to do the W&D since we'll be down there for my bday (YAY! dream come true!). however I'm reading that it fills up fast and it is hard to get in. I want to do just the 5K but what are my chances of getting in? I hate the thought of getting my hopes up just to get them dashed.
Anyway hello to all! I'm happy to be here!

Hi All!
I'm new to walking/running for fun. I did a 5k in 2014, another in 2015 and I'm trying to do more this year. A 5K is not much for some but for me it is pretty huge. Anyway I see on here you can become a member of WISH. What is WISH, and how do I become a member? There was a link that said just post but it was from 2012...I didn't think that was it.
WISH is We're Inspire to Stay Healthy - just the name of the section you are posting in. :) I think there were shirts at one point but I don't know if that is a thing anymore?
Also I want to do the W&D since we'll be down there for my bday (YAY! dream come true!). however I'm reading that it fills up fast and it is hard to get in. I want to do just the 5K but what are my chances of getting in? I hate the thought of getting my hopes up just to get them dashed.
Anyway hello to all! I'm happy to be here!
Okay, so first thing is to make yourself an Active.com account. runDisney requires runners to have one, so you can either do it now or on the day of registration (I HIGHLY recommend doing it BEFORE registration).

If you have an Annual Pass or are a DVC member, you can try to register 1 week from today on early registration day. Either way, whichever day you DO register, be ready to go right at noon. I'm sure you will be fine! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter