A couple of questions regarding travel agents, OBCs and making payments online

SL6827

DIS Veteran
Ok, I am thinking about putting down deposits for two cabins next year on the Dream and I have a couple of questions. I will be the lead on our cabin, but I am guessing my adult daughter will have to be the lead on the other cabin or can I be the lead on both? I will be paying the cruise fare for both of the cabins so I do want both of the OBCs from the travel agency I choose. Is there a certain way to go about that? And last, after setting up the cruises and paying the deposits, are there any travel agencies that will allow you to pay on your balance online without even bothering them? This would really be a plus for me and the agent. Thanks!

You'll only be on the reservation for one of the staterooms. If the travel agent is supplying the credit as their perk you should be able to instruct your agent to apply the credit for the whole reservation to your stateroom.

Dreams Unlimited has an online payment system; so does Costco (Costco doesn't do OBC, instead they send a Costco gift card to you). I'm sure others do online payments as well.

You'll only be on the reservation for one of the staterooms. If the travel agent is supplying the credit as their perk you should be able to instruct your agent to apply the credit for the whole reservation to your stateroom.

Dreams Unlimited has an online payment system; so does Costco (Costco doesn't do OBC, instead they send a Costco gift card to you). I'm sure others do online payments as well.
Ok, then I guess I will just go with Dreams then. It seems every travel agency, with the exception of Costco pays out the same OBC.

are there any travel agencies that will allow you to pay on your balance online without even bothering them? This would really be a plus for me and the agent.
I'm not sure exactly what you're asking here. Do you mean you want to pay online directly to DCL? Or pay online to the TA (although that's not really possible, as payments go through a TA to the cruise line, you don't give the TA money and then they pay the cruise line)?

If you use a TA, all money/payments must be made through them to the cruise line.

I'm not sure exactly what you're asking here. Do you mean you want to pay online directly to DCL? Or pay online to the TA (although that's not really possible, as payments go through a TA to the cruise line, you don't give the TA money and then they pay the cruise line)?

If you use a TA, all money/payments must be made through them to the cruise line.

Based on the last sentence it sounds like s/he doesn't want to have to make a phone call to make a payment, regardless of weather it's "through" or "to" the agent.

Here's the Dreams Unlimited payment form:
Does that work for you, @SL6827 ? The page does explain that the payment is "presented" to DCL.

Based on the last sentence it sounds like s/he doesn't want to have to make a phone call to make a payment, regardless of weather it's "through" or "to" the agent.

Here's the Dreams Unlimited payment form:
Does that work for you, @SL6827 ? The page does explain that the payment is "presented" to DCL.
Excellent, I will go with Dreams.

But I will admit that it is sad how I just had rather not talk on the phone to people that much now. It is most certainly a result of the IT age, the texting age and such. I shouldn't be like this, but I really am.

I’m athe same — especially with something like making a payment. It’s just easir to do my own typing rather than trust someone on the phone to take a string of numbers down right.

btw we use Dreams Unlimited too, and you can also use Disney Gift Cards to pay through them. I get them for 5% off with my Target Red Card, so that’s how I pay for my cruise.

Bon voyage!

I’m athe same — especially with something like making a payment. It’s just easir to do my own typing rather than trust someone on the phone to take a string of numbers down right.

btw we use Dreams Unlimited too, and you can also use Disney Gift Cards to pay through them. I get them for 5% off with my Target Red Card, so that’s how I pay for my cruise.

Bon voyage!
Oh ya. I will be doing that as well.

Excellent, I will go with Dreams.

But I will admit that it is sad how I just had rather not talk on the phone to people that much now. It is most certainly a result of the IT age, the texting age and such. I shouldn't be like this, but I really am.
I've been with Dreams for almost three years now and 90% (or more) of my cruise clients use the online payment form instead of calling in their payment info. So, don't feel like you're the only one. The vast majority of my interaction with clients is by email, even though I make it very clear that I'm available by phone or text or whatever other form of communication someone might prefer.

For clarity, the shipboard credit can be directed to just one stateroom, so long as we book them together and they are one reservation in the Dreams Unlimited system. That credit gets noted with Disney Cruise Line after final payment is made, but doesn't appear in the shipboard account for the stateroom until you've checked in for the cruise on embarkation day.

If you have any questions, feel free to shoot me a private message. I'm happy to help

Bon voyage!
I just purchased a large batch of gift cards from BJs at a 8% discount (plus getting the normal credit card reward dollars). I combine to $1000 and use the dreams unlimited page to pay. This is for the fall east bound Panama Canal cruise.

I haven't used costco, but I think I have seen some posts that you can use gift cards to pay for a cruise booked thru them, but you need to call and they conference in DCL for the gift card numbers.

I am the same because I dont hear that well and sometimes the volume is just too low. It gets annoying to ask people to repeat things 2 and 3 times. As a side benifit I have found that having text/ email "proof" that I wouldnt have had with just a phone call has really been helpful sometimes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter