A Complete Turnaround!UPDATE-Rain/Lots of Pics! WDW Celebration Trip March '11!

Off to the airport we headed! The sleet and snow set us a little behind...a little too much for my liking! We parked the car in the long term parking lot and waited for the shuttle. and waited. It felt like it took forever and when we finally got on and headed for the airport, I looked at the digital watch the man standing in front of me was wearing and it said 9:21am! OMG!! Our flight leaves at 10:15am and we aren't even at the terminal yet! I was near tears and sick to my stomach...I could just picture this flight becoming even shorter because we miss our flight!

We hit security and thankfully it's moving along but I am still a nervous wreck!! Through security and on our way to the gate at 9:55am!! Help!! We run (reminds me of the airport scene from Home Alone) and make it to the SW gate just as they are borading our section! Phew!! I can finally relax when we are seated and take off begins. The flight was pretty uneventful...approx 1.5 hrs to Kansas City. Oh great!! A connecting flight!

We make it to KC and the airport is so small!! We stop and get Quizno's because we are starving and then I decide we should walk the few steps to our gate because we are close to take off time and I haven't heard an announcement?! Then we hear it....last call for flight 1515. What?! LAST call?! I didn't hear ANY call!! I approach the desk and ask if this is really 1515 to Orlando and she says yes, we take off in 10 minutes....this is last call! I don't know how I managed through these 2 extremely close calls but I did. We board and in 2 hours we are in Orlando! Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MCO is busy so we head to Magical Express as we had used the lugagge service and would hopefully be seeing our bags laster in night at POP Century!We're in line behind this really nice family from Minnesota and we all wait and wait and wait some more. What in the world is taking so long?!! We look outside and the rain is just coming down. awesome. After a total of 30 minutes'ish, we hop on ME and head to POP...first stop!! Woohoo! Our friends are waiting for us in the lobby and I cannot wait to get to the resort and see them and begin this vacation!

013.jpg

010-1.jpg

014.jpg

015.jpg

019.jpg

018.jpg

021.jpg

Oh....I hate when the weather is bad and you have to fly (I hate flying under any circumstances). I'm glad you made it to the airport and through security and got to your plane in time. And what's up with them not making an announcement for the second plane? I am sure your nerves were going through the roof. But all is well that ends well.

Can't wait to read more. :goodvibes

Oh....I hate when the weather is bad and you have to fly (I hate flying under any circumstances). I'm glad you made it to the airport and through security and got to your plane in time. And what's up with them not making an announcement for the second plane? I am sure your nerves were going through the roof. But all is well that ends well.

Can't wait to read more. :goodvibes

Kat...yes, there were some pretty rocky moments from KC to FL...my DH hates it! I'm so glad we made it through, too!! I have no idea what happened with the announcement but we were just steps away and I never heard anything!

POP Century is cute! But it is so not for us!! The rooms and beds are way too small. Not saying we wouldn't stay here one night if we had a late flight as it would just be a place to sleep but it's a no-go for more than a night's stay! anyway...we were in the 70's section, near the lake and the gigantic Mickey Phone.

Cuteness!
155.jpg

1970's
154.jpg

Check-In
085.jpg

Lobby
083.jpg

Memorabilia
084.jpg

113.jpg

114.jpg

115.jpg

Kiddie Area in the Lobby
112.jpg

Everything POP...foodcourt and gift shop
086.jpg

Arcade
087.jpg

089.jpg

116.jpg

Hippity Dippity Pool
091.jpg

Petals-Pool Bar
090.jpg

Tiny Beds
025.jpg

Cute Mickey Carpet
026.jpg

70's Poster
033.jpg

Vanity
029.jpg

Shower
031.jpg

Cute Mickey Toiletries
030.jpg

Cute Wall Hooks
028.jpg

Nice TV
027.jpg

Lastly...a video of castmembers doing "The Hustle"...very cute!

Nice pictures of POP. We've never been there (except to drop someone off). We stayed at a value once for three nights and left -- it wasn't the beds (we would each take one of the kids in ours), but the busyness and crowds that we didn't like.

I love the "Hustle" video -- too cute.

Nice pictures of POP. We've never been there (except to drop someone off). We stayed at a value once for three nights and left -- it wasn't the beds (we would each take one of the kids in ours), but the busyness and crowds that we didn't like.

I love the "Hustle" video -- too cute.

Kat....the foodcourt was MOBBED our first night! So not fun...I assume because of the rain but we saw it pretty full a couple of other nights when we passed through.

loved the video...cute!

My dd didn't react the way I expected when we told her of our first trip either.

Glad the airport ended up working out ok.

Monday 3.28 Magic Kingdom
It was raining when we arrived but stopped as soon as we passed through the gates. The rain must have cleared everyone out because it was empty!! We managed to ride: POC, Jungle Cruise, Big Thunder Mountain, Splash Mountain (3 times)...all with little to no wait times!

040.jpg

036.jpg

041.jpg

043.jpg

047.jpg

Tuesday 3.29 Downtown Disney and Hollywood Studios
The rain stayed away most of this day. We had a GREAT time in DTD...I love that place! We arrived so late at Hollywood Studios that night that all we really had time for was Rock-n-Roller Coaster (first time for me, DH, M). never again! I did not like this ride, however, everyone else loved it! Our friend, Jen, rode with us and she just loves this ride....she has probably been on it 1000+ times and between her and the cute pre-show, I was sucked in! Glad I rode it once but once is enough for me! Next 2 and only things we did were Muppets 3D (cute) and Fantasmic! which is always great!!

056.jpg

059.jpg

060.jpg

072.jpg

070.jpg

061.jpg

062.jpg

063.jpg

On the bus with friends!
074.jpg

079.jpg

081.jpg

080.jpg

082.jpg

Wednesday 3.30 Epcot
Morning started out nice but that afternoon there was a torrential downpour that turned into rain showers the rest of the night. We did manage to go on some rides we missed in Nov 09. Soarin' (2 times), Test Track, Mission Space for DH and C and Innoventions for me and M, Talk with Crush (loved it!), Living with the Land, The Seas with Nemo and Friends. Spent the night in the room with new Legos and also in the POP's Arcade.

093.jpg

094.jpg

096.jpg

098.jpg

099.jpg

100.jpg

103.jpg

104.jpg

105.jpg

106.jpg

107.jpg

108.jpg

Torrential Downpour!! Click on the picture to see the video!

Thursday 3.31 Magic Kingdom
The day started and ended rainy and dreary...this was very sad as I had planned on a FULL (8am-1am) day at MK! We headed to the park, rented a locker and purchased ponchos. $49 later we were standing in line for Peter Pan and then Philharmagic. That's it. That is all we did that day. Magic Kingdom for 2 hours...so very sad. It was raining hard off and on and there was thunder and lightning so all of the rides we enjoy were not operating :(

Friday 4.1 Animal Kingdom (Departure Day)
What a terrible April Fool's joke!! This day was BEAUTIFUL! PERFECT! We used the airline check-in kiosk to check our bags then headed to AK. Everything already had a long wait and we only had a couple of hours. We rode Donosaur (ick!) and then spent a little time in Chester and Hester's Dino-Rama...what a waste of money! The tickets are expensive and they take an entire 2 seconds to go through.

121.jpg

124.jpg

127.jpg

133.jpg

134.jpg

135.jpg

136.jpg

137.jpg

138.jpg

139.jpg

141.jpg

142.jpg

143.jpg

144.jpg

147.jpg

148.jpg

149.jpg

150.jpg

My dd didn't react the way I expected when we told her of our first trip either.

Glad the airport ended up working out ok.

I think I was ovethinking their reaction too much! They did get more and more excited as we headed to the airport! So glad the airport worked out too! Thanks!

I am sooooooooooooo sorry for all the rain you had. It sure does dampen a vacation and your spirits. Your pictures of the flowers at Epcot are absolutely stunning. I'm with you...I hate Rock & Roll Roller Coaster; I'll do Tower of Terror 100 times a day, but never again will I do Rock & Roll.

I love Dinosaur; but I agree iwth you on the games--not sure why they even have it there (leave that to the Great Americas).

I am sooooooooooooo sorry for all the rain you had. It sure does dampen a vacation and your spirits. Your pictures of the flowers at Epcot are absolutely stunning. I'm with you...I hate Rock & Roll Roller Coaster; I'll do Tower of Terror 100 times a day, but never again will I do Rock & Roll.

I love Dinosaur; but I agree iwth you on the games--not sure why they even have it there (leave that to the Great Americas).

Kat...thanks! This trip was a learning experience for sure!! Thank you for the Epcot pic comment....the topiaries are beautiful in person! R-n-R is no bueno for me!

I don't know if it was because we had just eaten but Dinosaur left me feeling a bit queasy at the end! The boys all loved it, though! and I agree...leave the carnival games for something like GA...very odd!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter