A Cause For Celebration: A Wedding, A Marathon & A 30th Birthday - January 2018 Update:12/28

We are going with the Escape package through Disney, which does include photography coverage for the wedding ceremony. I've already talked to them, and since we are bringing our own photographer with us, we are able to switch the Disney photographer to either coverage for our dessert party or to a resort shoot on another day.
This is incredible!!! I didn't know they would offer you another option, so that's pretty amazing :) Bonus that they will be able to get you awesome fireworks shots, I'm sure!!!

I can't officially book our Escape package with Disney until the 8 month mark, which is in May, but I was talking to a lady with Disney Fairytale Weddings and the date/time/location we want is still available and we are penciled in for it. Now to just wait another few weeks to receive confirmation of it!
Isn't this the WORST part!!!! The waaaaaiting. I was really glad they "penciled" us in for our date, but just wanted it to be officially ours already!!!

This is incredible!!! I didn't know they would offer you another option, so that's pretty amazing :) Bonus that they will be able to get you awesome fireworks shots, I'm sure!!!

I know! I had read that they will offer this in the Disney Wedding Facebook group I'm in, so I mentioned it when I was talking to Disney on the phone. I was told that if I bring my own photographer, the one from Disney will refuse to shoot my ceremony - I guess they've had issues in the past with determining who is the primary photographer and who is the second shooter. Makes sense to me. This way we know we'll end up with awesome dessert party pics!

Isn't this the WORST part!!!! The waaaaaiting. I was really glad they "penciled" us in for our date, but just wanted it to be officially ours already!!!

I know! I just want to confirm my date! One of my bridesmaids keeps texting me and asking if I've confirmed yet, she doesn't want to book anything for her trip until I've secured the date. I don't understand what the big deal is, I know my wedding will be on one of two dates, but that's her choice.

Also - what dates are you going to be at Disney?

It's crazy to me you have to plan Disney so far out, but you can only book your wedding 8 months in advance!

If we wanted to spend even more money and go with a Wishes wedding, then we could book at the 12 month mark :rotfl:But yeah, for Escape weddings it's 8 months, and for a Memories wedding (which we thought about first) it's 6 months. I just want to confirm it so I can order my wedding invitations!

How did I not know that you had started a wedding trip/marathon PTR??

I love that you're doing an Up theme - that's such a wonderful movie and the colors will be so fun.
And I love the idea of the colored Converse ... nice pops of color and they double as good park shoes. I hope you can find all the colors you want!

Wedding plans sound like they're starting to come together. It's awesome that you're bringing a photographer you really want to work with and getting Disney to photograph something else for you - I never would have thought that they would allow that. So awesome.

I hope you get your date confirmed! Hopefully being penciled in for it means that you'll get it!

The waiting is terrible. I had trouble waiting a few weeks from when we booked our ceremony site to the 12 month mark when we could book our dessert party location after we decided to not do an Escape ceremony (which was not helped by an email snafu and people looking at the wrong year on the calendar and telling me oops, nothing is available :scared1:). I don't think I could have handled waiting to book an Escape Ceremony.

We keep talking about flying down on December 30th to be there for New Years (right now we're not arriving until January 2nd).
It's the most wildly busy, insane type of day ever on New Year's Eve....BUT....it really is incredibly magical to be in the Magic Kingdom for it. If you know what you're doing and where you're going, you'll still be fine even with the crowds. Last year, we went to the trial run of the fireworks for NYE the night before, which was crowded but not as insane :) Plus, they give out horns and hats free!

246 days until Disney (or is it?)
66 days until ADR's!
186 days until FP+!

The Date, and other Updates

As of today, Disney has expanded the window to book Escape and Memories packages! Previously, you could only book Memories at the 6 month window and Escape (which we're having) at the 8 month window. As of today, you can now book at the 10 month window for both! What this means is that the date I requested is well within that 10 month window, so today I received my confirmation email with my date/time/venue! I wasn't expecting it until next week, so this was a very welcome surprise today! And, I ended up with my first choices for everything - Sea Breeze Point on January 10th, 2018 at noon! Yay, I'm so excited now!!!​

upload_2017-5-1_13-25-2.jpeg

We ordered our guest book on the weekend, once it comes in I need to gather up everything we already have and take pictures to post in here. I think I'm doing ok so far - we've already bought the guest book, our cake topper, my dress, my veil, the robes for our bridesmaids to get ready, paid about 40% of our photography fee, our hotel is paid for and my park tickets are covered by my annual pass.

I've been in contact with a girl from Homecoming Kitchen for our reception for a few months now, I was just waiting on Disney to confirm our dates. So I've emailed the girl from Homecoming back, and am now waiting to confirm our reception details.

We also confirmed a dessert party with Disney for the night of the wedding. Right now we have UK Lochside booked at Epcot (also my first choice!). We haven't even started thinking about the menu for that yet - it won't be too crazy since most people will still be full from Homecoming (mmmm, fried chicken!).

Outside of wedding planning, our lives have been consumed by NHL Playoff Hockey haha. We live in Edmonton, and this year is the first time in 11 years that the Oilers have made the playoffs, so the city is so much fun right now. We haven't actually gone yet, but they've been hosting viewing parties at the arena for the away games where they charge $5 to watch the game on the jumbotron (all money is donated to charity). The last game sold out in half an hour. Seriously, over 18,000 people bought tickets to watch an away game on a big screen. Every second vehicle on the road has Oilers car flags attached to them, everywhere you go people are wearing their jerseys (work meetings, the grocery store, the doctor's office, etc haha). It's been so much fun to be a part of, even if we have just been watching the games from home.

I've become a bit of a hermit on weekends now, but I did agree to go to a Jimmy Eat World concert with Luke on Saturday night. I felt like I was back in 2002! We used to go to concerts all the time - I've probably seen close to 500 bands live, but we now only do a handful each year. I'm just glad this one was on a Saturday night, I hate late nights now haha - I'm so old.

My mom and one of my bridesmaids have both booked their rooms at Old Key West within the past week, so I'm very happy about that! There are now 7 rooms reserved at OKW for our wedding week (that includes our own). Hurray for people committing!

Luke and I made up our list for ADR's on the weekend. Once we look it over a bit more, I'll begin sharing what we hope to make reservations for. Our ADR day will be here before we know it!​

As of today, Disney has expanded the window to book Escape and Memories packages! Previously, you could only book Memories at the 6 month window and Escape (which we're having) at the 8 month window. As of today, you can now book at the 10 month window for both! What this means is that the date I requested is well within that 10 month window, so today I received my confirmation email with my date/time/venue! I wasn't expecting it until next week, so this was a very welcome surprise today! And, I ended up with my first choices for everything - Sea Breeze Point on January 10th, 2018 at noon! Yay, I'm so excited now!!!​

Yay!

I've been in contact with a girl from Homecoming Kitchen for our reception for a few months now, I was just waiting on Disney to confirm our dates. So I've emailed the girl from Homecoming back, and am now waiting to confirm our reception details.

I don't know if I've told you before but that sounds like an awesome reception!

We used to go to concerts all the time - I've probably seen close to 500 bands live, but we now only do a handful each year. I'm just glad this one was on a Saturday night, I hate late nights now haha - I'm so old.

I used to go to a lot of concerts too! I too am quite old now :rotfl: I'm only going to 1 so far this year.

Outside of wedding planning, our lives have been consumed by NHL Playoff Hockey haha. We live in Edmonton, and this year is the first time in 11 years that the Oilers have made the playoffs, so the city is so much fun right now. We haven't actually gone yet, but they've been hosting viewing parties at the arena for the away games where they charge $5 to watch the game on the jumbotron (all money is donated to charity). The last game sold out in half an hour. Seriously, over 18,000 people bought tickets to watch an away game on a big screen. Every second vehicle on the road has Oilers car flags attached to them, everywhere you go people are wearing their jerseys (work meetings, the grocery store, the doctor's office, etc haha). It's been so much fun to be a part of, even if we have just been watching the games from home.
I've been silently following along but I had to comment on this. I live in Erie, PA where Connor McDavid played before Edmonton so we're all secretly rooting for the Oilers. But not more than the penguins of course! Congratulations on the wedding. Your plans sound great.

What this means is that the date I requested is well within that 10 month window, so today I received my confirmation email with my date/time/venue!

THIS is amazing news!! The waiting is the WOOOOORST part, so I'm glad that's over for you!! :)

our lives have been consumed by NHL Playoff Hockey haha.

Too bad those darn Blackhawks couldn't get it together--they really let us down this year in Chicago!!!

My son is all consumed with hockey this year, so thankfully the Chicago Wolves (our AHL team) are in the Calder Cup Playoffs. That's the only thing saving me from having a very tearful boy when the Hawks were out of it!

Congrats on officially getting the wedding date and venue you wanted - that's awesome!

Playoff hockey has basically consumed my life too. If I never see another overtime playoff game, I'll be a happy camper. So stressful. There was one moment where I was curled up in a ball on the couch crying. But overall, it's been nice to root for the Rangers (and I finally got a chance to go to their big fan event today - it was okay, not as good as some previous years). Having a team in the playoffs always makes a city more fun.

How did I not know that you had started a wedding trip/marathon PTR??

Yay! You're here!

I love that you're doing an Up theme - that's such a wonderful movie and the colors will be so fun.
And I love the idea of the colored Converse ... nice pops of color and they double as good park shoes. I hope you can find all the colors you want!

I've always loved colour, I can't wait to see how everything comes together!

Those shoes are proving difficult! My Maid of Honour found the green Converse to fit with her colour scheme, but of course they didn't have them in her size... I'm thinking I will order mine and Luke's from the actual Converse website so I can have our wedding date embroidered on them :cloud9:

Wedding plans sound like they're starting to come together. It's awesome that you're bringing a photographer you really want to work with and getting Disney to photograph something else for you - I never would have thought that they would allow that. So awesome.

The Escape wedding package only includes photography for 2 hours, I knew I wanted way more than that! It would have been cheaper to just extend a Disney photographer for a few hours, but this way our photographer is someone who personally knows us (and I love her work!)

I hope you get your date confirmed! Hopefully being penciled in for it means that you'll get it!

Hurray for getting my date!

The waiting is terrible. I had trouble waiting a few weeks from when we booked our ceremony site to the 12 month mark when we could book our dessert party location after we decided to not do an Escape ceremony (which was not helped by an email snafu and people looking at the wrong year on the calendar and telling me oops, nothing is available :scared1:). I don't think I could have handled waiting to book an Escape Ceremony.

The new ten-month window for Escape weddings makes so much more sense! You can now call Disney at the 11 month window - I had to wait until the 9 month mark.

It's the most wildly busy, insane type of day ever on New Year's Eve....BUT....it really is incredibly magical to be in the Magic Kingdom for it. If you know what you're doing and where you're going, you'll still be fine even with the crowds. Last year, we went to the trial run of the fireworks for NYE the night before, which was crowded but not as insane :) Plus, they give out horns and hats free!

We've really been talking about flying down on the 30th. I found a hotel offsite to stay in for those extra 3 nights that wouldn't break our budget, and it would give us a few more park days (even with the insane crowds).

It's such a relief to now have our date! I can finally order invitations!

I don't know if I've told you before but that sounds like an awesome reception!

I'm so excited for it! It's just perfect for us - I am not into frou frou fancy food, and who wouldn't want to go to a wedding with fried chicken?!

I used to go to a lot of concerts too! I too am quite old now :rotfl: I'm only going to 1 so far this year.

Haha, I had a fairly quiet concert summer lined up, but then LiveNation announced a promotion where they are selling tickets to certain shows for only $20, so I just added three more concerts to my list for the next few months...o_O

I've been silently following along but I had to comment on this. I live in Erie, PA where Connor McDavid played before Edmonton so we're all secretly rooting for the Oilers. But not more than the penguins of course! Congratulations on the wedding. Your plans sound great.

Thanks for reading! Connor has been so much fun to watch this year! We actually went to the game this year when the Penguins were in town. I've been to a lot of NHL games - that was hands down the best game I've ever been to in my life. It went to a shootout, where we got to see both Connor and Syd score. Unfortunately, Phil Kessel also scored in the shootout to win the game, boo. (I'm born and raised in the Maritimes, so I grew up as a Leafs fan - therefore I am not a Kessel fan).

I'm also not a fan of Crosby at all, but I really hated to see him go down with another concussion yesterday. Hopefully it's not too severe!

THIS is amazing news!! The waiting is the WOOOOORST part, so I'm glad that's over for you!! :)

I'm so excited to finally have an official date!!

Too bad those darn Blackhawks couldn't get it together--they really let us down this year in Chicago!!!

My son is all consumed with hockey this year, so thankfully the Chicago Wolves (our AHL team) are in the Calder Cup Playoffs. That's the only thing saving me from having a very tearful boy when the Hawks were out of it!

The Blackhawks are my #1 American team - Toews is my fav player in the league (he was born and raised in the same city as Luke!). I was cheering for them, I'm not much of a Preds fan at all!

The Calder Cup is up to the second round now, correct?

Congrats on officially getting the wedding date and venue you wanted - that's awesome!

It's really exciting!

Playoff hockey has basically consumed my life too. If I never see another overtime playoff game, I'll be a happy camper. So stressful. There was one moment where I was curled up in a ball on the couch crying. But overall, it's been nice to root for the Rangers (and I finally got a chance to go to their big fan event today - it was okay, not as good as some previous years). Having a team in the playoffs always makes a city more fun.

So many OT games this year! I think I've told you before that my eastern conference team are the Leafs - that series was insane for overtime games!

The Habs are one of my least favourite teams in the league, so I was cheering loud for your Rangers during the entire first round![/QUOTE]

The Blackhawks are my #1 American team - Toews is my fav player in the league (he was born and raised in the same city as Luke!). I was cheering for them, I'm not much of a Preds fan at all!

The Calder Cup is up to the second round now, correct?

Yes! My son is a HUGE Toews fan! He was really sad last week when they traded Scott Darling to the Hurricanes :(

Yep! The Wolves take on the Grand Rapids Griffins tonight (they're the AHL team for the Red Wings.....UGH!) Go Wolves! :)

239 Days until Disney (or Possibly 236?)
247 Days until our Wedding!
179 Days until FP+
59 Days until ADR Day

Reception News!

So, first of all I have been the absolute worst at keeping up with reading everyone's reports! I promise I'll get caught up at some point - @ariane37 @Raeven @pepperandchips @chunkymonkey @missjackiemcg and everyone else currently writing PTR's/TR's/DR's that I've started reading!

In wedding news - we've now paid the deposit for our wedding reception at Homecoming! Mmm, I can't wait to eat fried chicken that day! The girl I've been in contact with for everything has been wonderful - her name is Kylie if anyone is interested in doing a private event there at some point. The prices are really reasonable for what we're getting too, I'm pleased that even with the exchange rate we'll be under the amount we allocated in our budget for this (and we were able to afford getting everyone a moonshine cocktail with their food!)

Page1.PNG Page2.PNG

The menu looks fantastic and that IS a good price. Must feel nice when all the details start falling into place, Jan. 10th will be here before you know it :bride: (why is there no groom emoji lol). When you do order your invitations I hope you post pictures!

Ooooh Homecoming. We had a very nice meal there! It sounds like a fabulous spot to have a reception. The moonshine cocktail I had was delicious. Think it was a tart watermelon flavor. It was really good!
Fried Chicken was good too! Yay for everything coming into place and within/under budget. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter