A Birthday Trip without a Birthday - 2/16: Conclusion and Bonus Birthday Tea

Sorcerer! :wizard: Burn him!

:rotfl:

Wow, wow, wow! Lovely pictures Magdalene! I am really enjoying this tour through DLP. It's simply gorgeous and the theming is amazing! Oh, I really want to visit now. Is it just me or does DLP look more charming than Orlando??:eek:

So the arcades line the backsides of Main Street then? Genius idea, so clever. I'm really fond of excellently themed areas so these look incredible. There's such a Victorian feel to them, isn't there? The Salon looks so inviting, I'd love to be a shareholder just so that I could go inside.

Well, wait until you see the Fantasyland pictures. DLP is the most charming of all Magic Kingdom type parks in the world. People generally say that there are three parks which offer the highest level of theming Disney has to offer: AK, DLP and Tokyo Sea - each in its own different way.

The arcades are fantastic, they are practical and they are beautiful. I really miss them every time I am at WDW. Adding arcades was first proposed for DL as a crowd control measure, but they were never built there. But the idea was incorporated when DLP was planned. As far as I know, Disney still has the idea of adding arcades to the other Main Streets as well, but this would be a huge project.

If you love excellently themed areas, you would be in heaven at DLP. My pictures only are glimpses really. I think the main difference between Orlando and Paris Main Street is really to which detail the Victorian decor has been taken. It looks like the real thing in Paris.

Those shops are amazing! I like the idea of the arcades.

The shops are really wonderful, I should have taken more pictures... :goodvibes

And finally there are pictures of Salon Mickey. This is a private lounge which you can enter from outside the turnstiles. You need to be a member of the Shareholders' Club. DLP is not owned by the Walt Disney Company, but by a company called Euro Disney SCA - a French public traded share company (actually a limited partnership if anyone out there is interested in company law). The Walt Disney Company owns a large amount of shares (not all) and then there are numerous normal shareholders - like you and me, or as I should say as you and Katharina. Since she is the one who actually bought some Euro Disney SCA shares so that she could become a member of the Shareholders' Club. As a member she was allowed to take up to three guests with her into Salon Mickey. It is a wonderful treat! And they take your park tickets, swipe them and then you get to enter Main Street through your private entrance!

Yay, you're writing about something that is currently much on my mind:
I bought me some Disney SCA shares last week and have already received my confirmation e-mail for the Shareholders Club, now all I'm still waiting for is the club card.
So in September, we'll check out Salon Mickey ourselves! :cheer2:

What wonderful pics!! I love the idea of Salon Mickey, sort of like the private entrance to World Showcase/EPCOT but much cooler!!!! Loved all the details, it is so gorgeous!!!

Ok how did I miss this update??? :confused3 Loved all your pictures Magalene! Especially the Salon Mickey ones! Love the Victorian theme just beautiful! :goodvibes

Beautiful pictures!! :goodvibes Love the idea of the arcade :thumbsup2:thumbsup2 Very excited to see the Fantasyland pictures now!! The detail in what you have shared has been beautiful!!
October 16 will indeed be a very popular Diser MNSSHP ;) As with the entire week it seems!! :goodvibes

Tracy

Thanks for sharing those pictures Magdelena! The arcades at DLP are absolutely gorgeous! It does seem very convenient like you said.

Hi everyone! I am very excited since I am posting from my new IMac which arrived today! It is pure pleasure, my old one is 5 and a half year old and was getting so slow. The new keyboard is great to type on, the screen feels like double as large as the old one (and I even got the smaller screen...). :cloud9:

Once I have managed to get all my pictures over on the new one, I hope that getting more DLP picture uploaded to photobucket will go nearly automatically! :thumbsup2

It was last August that Liesa came and started the game, followed by Wendy and Cynthia.

And I can assure you that you will find a clean bathroom, plenty of food and best of all the BEST of conversation and company!! It would be WELL worth the time and money to make the trip, Marv!

HI Magdalene! I feel like I'm running all over the DIS apologizing for being so absent lately. I see I've missed some fun chatter AND an important update. I haven't looked at the pictures yet, but will in a bit; the descriptions already have me quite intrigued!

I love all your pictures of DLP. Salon Mickey sounds really neat and I like the idea of the arcade.

I am so sorry Magdalene I read your update and DUH didn't spot the link to the pix !!:rotfl2:I was wondering what everyone was talking about :lmao:Now I can say the pix were great!!:banana:

And I can assure you that you will find a clean bathroom, plenty of food and best of all the BEST of conversation and company!! It would be WELL worth the time and money to make the trip, Marv!

I couldn't agree more Liesa! Two very lovely ladies indeed. :goodvibes

Well, knowing your propensity for restroom evaluations I will take it that the facilities will be more than adequate for a man, at least as compared to those in airports and Disney parks/resorts...... :laughing:

Wow, great pictures! I think the arcade areas are fascinating. (Maybe because I went to the Statue of Liberty recently?) Seems like a great place to wander and get caught up in the themes and details. Now I'm starting to wish they were present at WDW. :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter