• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A Birthday, Besties, and Bubbly...with Jen and Joe on the Go!!! 9/29 Link to New Report and We're Back Again!

I think they charge way too much for the Riviera, especially since you can walk or take a boat to a park from there.
Hi Sue! Actually you can't take a boat or walk to a park from the Riviera. However, you can take the Skyliner to multiple resorts, Epcot and HS. As much as I hate it, it's VERY convenient.

How would you compare your room at Destino Towers to the one you had at Riviera? I know you had a balcony at Riviera, but other than that, was there anything significantly better about the room? Both had nice views.
I would pick Destino Towers over the Riviera any day of the week. Destino is half the price and just as beautiful IMO.

What a great travel day! I hope ours in October goes as well. We're flying Southwest too.

Rivera is soooo pretty. Your view was fabulous. Looking forward to more.

Great to find another of your trip reports! And I love your vlogs as well. I currently have a trip scheduled for Labor Day weekend, but not sure I'm completely comfortable with going yet. Have another in early November, and I think I'll feel better about that one. Looking forward to hearing all about the trip!

Great to find another of your trip reports! And I love your vlogs as well. I currently have a trip scheduled for Labor Day weekend, but not sure I'm completely comfortable with going yet. Have another in early November, and I think I'll feel better about that one. Looking forward to hearing all about the trip!

:welcome:

Thank you so much!
I can just tell you from my experience that I felt extremely safe in WDW. MK did get a little crowded at times so we did our best to social distance and washed our hands more frequently.

Lunch at Bar Riva...

Let me start by saying that Bar Riva is now one of my new favorite bars in all of Disney. It's an open-air bar with plenty of seats inside and outside but not enough for a huge crowd...It's the perfect size in my opinion. And, the food is AMAZING!!! But, I'm getting ahead of myself. First, the drinks. I started with Il Tramonto, Tito’s Handmade Vodka, Aperol, St-Germain Elderflower Liqueur, Lemonade, Turmeric, Pomegranate, Orange. This was light and refreshing and hit the spot after a morning of traveling. Joe had the Riviera Spiked Iced Tea, Grey Goose Vodka, Bacardí Superior Rum, Magellan Gin, Corazón Blanco Tequila, Cointreau, Sweet-and-Sour, Coca-Cola. This was just a fancy Long Island Tea, but it was delicious just the same. For our entrees, I had the Greek Salad with Tomatoes, Cucumbers, Red Onion, Feta, Crispy Greens, Vinaigrette, and shrimp. I know it was just a salad but the flavors all melded together to create a little plate of happiness. It was probably one of my favorite salads EVER right alongside the Cobb at the Brown Derby in Hollywood Studios. Joe had the Tuna Niçoise Salad, Seared Rare Tuna, Crispy Greens, Potatoes, Egg, Dijon Vinaigrette. This was recommended by our friend, @chunkymonkey better half, Steve. Joe devoured this and claimed it was one of the best salads he's ever eaten too. We would both go out of our way to get back here again...This was the perfect choice for our first Disney meal of the trip.

This place totally gets a 10/10. If you haven't been here, check it out.

Next up, Joe and I get on the Skyliner (spoiler alert, my reaction is still the same, lol). We take a ride over to Epcot to check out the new Food and Wine Festival and have dinner plans a little later...

C002B21B-51EF-4DDC-A5E3-DE4BA4600F6D.jpeg974ED243-5CBC-4469-A518-10A3AEF8593C.jpeg360EC87D-C6EC-47F7-9C43-B12AA1903021.jpegD8DB03AE-C968-473E-BDB3-A10E0FF9EB1C.jpegAB338037-F061-4FC7-935E-4CB412D4D55F.jpeg

Whenever you said you had the best salads I was wondering if it included the salad Steve liked so much especially since you were already in the right location.

It sounds like you had the perfect light and refreshing lunch. How was the service?

It sounds like you had the perfect light and refreshing lunch. How was the service?
The service was awesome!!! Our waiter was excellent!

Following and hydrating since I fear I may get tipsy just reading this report :drinking:

LOL! You have no idea. We drank a lot this trip...:rolleyes1

Jen your blue ring is gorgeous! Also that scene inside the murphy bed is so charming 🥰
Thank you very much!!!
The murphy bed paintings are sooooo cute. Each resort that has a murphy bed has a different scene.

Yaaay!!! I'm late to the party, and you're already on page 4!!!!

I'm so glad you and Joe (and Ariane and Steve!) got to go on your trip finally :) Can't wait to hear all about it!

I love that I’ve read enough trip reports since joining to remember @chunkymonkey and her husband loving that salad 😆 Sorry to hear your reaction to the Skyliner is the same...must drink more to relax!
Definitely! It's so convenient but I still find it sooooo scary. LOL!

Yaaay!!! I'm late to the party, and you're already on page 4!!!!

Better late than never! Love you Jackie!!!!

I'm so glad you and Joe (and Ariane and Steve!) got to go on your trip finally :) Can't wait to hear all about it!
Some of it will have to be extremely edited, just ask @CruellaNY :rotfl2: 😁 :rotfl2: 😁

I'm so tardy. I've been getting ready to go back to work (school is opening!) and haven't spent much time here. Wouldn't miss this trip report!

Your view was amazing, but I can see how it's a one and done considering the price.

Haven't had the chance to login here from work, but I'm here now and love the report so far. Riviera looks lovely. I might have to look into staying there at least once if possible. That salad also looks awesome.

We are sorta kinda contemplating a possible trip to Florida maybe late August or September. With kids doing distance learning anyway, it would be easy enough for them to travel with us and not miss any school. We feel like we'd be okay in the Disney bubble at least.

I'm so tardy. I've been getting ready to go back to work (school is opening!) and haven't spent much time here. Wouldn't miss this trip report!

Hi Annie!!! So happy you made it. I can't believe school is starting already. Our district is doing virtual learning for the first quarter.

Your view was amazing, but I can see how it's a one and done considering the price.
It's a gorgeous resort and we loved our room and the view. But, yes, at that price tag it's a one and done (unless there's a really good discount).
Haven't had the chance to login here from work, but I'm here now and love the report so far. Riviera looks lovely. I might have to look into staying there at least once if possible. That salad also looks awesome.

Hi Dina!!! I would at least book it for a night.

We are sorta kinda contemplating a possible trip to Florida maybe late August or September. With kids doing distance learning anyway, it would be easy enough for them to travel with us and not miss any school. We feel like we'd be okay in the Disney bubble at least.
We felt very safe in the Disney Bubble. MK was the only rough day in terms of crowds and social distancing. You're right! Now is the best time to go to Disney during the "virtual" school year.

Hi Sue! Actually you can't take a boat or walk to a park from the Riviera. However, you can take the Skyliner to multiple resorts, Epcot and HS. As much as I hate it, it's VERY convenient.
Oops - that was a typo. I meant that you can't take a boat. That's what I get for not reading what I wrote before I posted it. ;)
I would pick Destino Towers over the Riviera any day of the week. Destino is half the price and just as beautiful IMO.
I need to get my husband to agree to stay at Destino. I was impressed with all the food options at Coronado Springs before they built the towers and the Three Bridges restaurant. But now the resort is even more appealing.
had the Greek Salad with Tomatoes, Cucumbers, Red Onion, Feta, Crispy Greens, Vinaigrette, and shrimp.
Your salad looks good except for the tails on the shrimp. I hate removing the tails when the shrimp is already in a dish. They do this to Shrimp and grits at some restaurants and it is a messy business to take those tails off.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter