A 2021 PTR: HHN30 & More Updated 9/10 On Trip/Packing & Halloween Decor Vlog

Raeven

DIS Veteran
So it's been awhile since I updated this PTR! (I've been working on the TR & DTR from my last trip), but I'm almost done and have some planning updates for September. The countdown is almost at 9 weeks now!

September Trip Planning

So I switched our Universal hotels around a little. We were going to stay at Royal Pacific, but I saw a good deal pop up for Portofino Bay and we'd just been talking about how much we liked staying there and how it's been awhile so I decided to book that. We haven't been to Portofino since 2018 so I think that's perfect. Plus we will definitely be eating at Bice. Our Disney portion is still at Saratoga Springs, and then the last two nights were at Aventura, but I switched to Sapphire Falls. I figured the water taxi system will be easier, and we'll still be right across from Aventura.

Here's the newest spec map:

Not much has changed and I'm still excited about this line up, and now about a possible show involving Jack. We haven't bought tickets yet because we need the Rush of Fear passes for the amount of nights we're planning to go. I'm hoping for an announcement soon though! A lot of people think Hill House is going to be announced tomorrow or Thursday, which I'm all for, I just hope we get more ticket options too then. The Icons Bar and stuff at Cabana Bay sounds awesome too, and I'm excited to check that out.

On the Disney side we got tickets for Boo Bash!

I'm going with @CatNipRules and her son, Chris. And unlike most people we actually didn't have a bad experience getting tickets. (Though none of the credit for that goes to me since Michelle was the one that called). But she got right through (which I heard wasn't the norm), and was only on hold for about 45 minutes (this was the first day they went on sale), and then we had them!

I also wasn't planning on buying tickets to Howl O Scream (because Tampa is kind of far & we like HHN), but then they announced Howl O Scream would be in Orlando this year too so we also had to get tickets to that. We'll be going there on a Saturday. Another new thing I have planned for this trip is I think this may finally be the trip we get to Volcano Bay, but I haven't purchased those tickets yet.

Also our Disney dining reservations are coming up next week! So I'll have to let you know if we get everything we're looking for.

New Vlogs Coming

Starting tomorrow I also have some new vlogs coming! (There'll be 3 of them in this little series, but I'll be putting out one every week until our next trip). We took a spooky little trip recently to a really cool hotel in the Catskills, and I'll probably do a post about that trip too. The first vlog will be a tour of where we stayed, but here's a sneak peek:

& finally here's some pictures from the last two months!

My cousin's wedding:

A hike we took a few weeks ago to a gorgeous waterfall:

I turned 29:

& Josh got me some chocolate covered strawberries:

Plus we had dinner at my favorite local restaurant:

I had to work on 4th of July so I didn't get do too much that day, but I did swing by a family BBQ and on the way home I saw a gorgeous sunset:

Raeven

DIS Veteran
& here’s the first vlog from our spooky little trip last week! We stayed at The Roxbury at Stratton Falls (it’s in Roxbury NY in the Catskills which is about an hour from us).

Here’s a tour & review of the Dracula themed cottage we stayed in!

schumigirl

It's a bit of a roodie doodie word for lady parts
& here’s the first vlog from our spooky little trip last week! We stayed at The Roxbury at Stratton Falls (it’s in Roxbury NY in the Catskills which is about an hour from us).

Here’s a tour & review of the Dracula themed cottage we stayed in!

That is an AMAZING cottage!!!!

What a place.....I love it......the detail is immense and love the staircase especially......now that is a place I`d go tomorrow if I could. Not sure about the green on the outside though lol......but inside, wow.......was it creepyish at night???

Raeven

DIS Veteran
That is an AMAZING cottage!!!!

What a place.....I love it......the detail is immense and love the staircase especially......now that is a place I`d go tomorrow if I could. Not sure about the green on the outside though lol......but inside, wow.......was it creepyish at night???
It was! Yeah the whole outside had touches of that lime green around it. I think the owners just liked that color maybe. It did make the buildings stand out though so maybe it was also so you could tell it apart from other buildings in the area. (It was in a rural area and there were other houses and things between the motel area and those cottages).

It was kind of like being in a really decorated house, but it had a lot of lights in it so it wasn’t creepy at night. Although I did have a creepy dream, but I was watching Supernatural before be too.

9 weeks!!! I feel like time is going so fast!

Seriously though... Where are our ROF tickets??????
I know I’m so excited! I haven’t really counted down the weeks in awhile so I was amazed at how close we are.

I know! They didn’t end up announcing anything today, and now I’m hearing the next announcement might be some kind of podcast.:confused3 I just want to buy the ROF tickets! But they did change the website to say “multi night tickets are coming” or something.

Raeven

DIS Veteran
Our ADR’s are this week (& hopefully more HHN news is coming too)!

But here’s the first day of our staycation in Dracula’s cottage!

Last edited:

Tracy161

DIS Veteran
Remember the "inadvertently hilarious" thing? When you said "I painted my nails in the car. And they probably didn't come out any worse than usual" was one of those times for me :rotfl:

Wow! The Dracula castle looks SO cool! :thumbsup2 What a unique place to stay.

• Raeven

DIS Veteran
    Remember the "inadvertently hilarious" thing? When you said "I painted my nails in the car. And they probably didn't come out any worse than usual" was one of those times for me :rotfl:

Wow! The Dracula castle looks SO cool! :thumbsup2 What a unique place to stay.
    I'm literally the worst at painting my nails I always end up painting around it too :rotfl:

It was!

Raeven

DIS Veteran
    I’m going to post how our ADR day went this weekend & hopefully we’ll hear about multi night HHN tickets this week (as I hope every week since regular tickets came out :rotfl:).

Here’s the check out day from our staycation!

We go on a hike to check out Stratton Falls, visit the Shimmer Spa, & have some delicious sticky toffee pudding.

Raeven

DIS Veteran
    HHN Trip- 6 weeks, 4 days

September Trip Planning

We've had a few more houses announced since I last posted! I'm very excited for Hill House because I loved that show. And the trailer for the Bride of Frankenstein house looks really cool. I'm not really excited about the Texas Chainsaw Massacre house (I don't really like that movie, and they did the same house in 2016), but I'm sure it'll still be cool.

And hopefully Rush of Fear passes are coming soon. I heard they were supposed to come last week, but a server outage delayed them so I’m really hoping they come out this week.

Howl O Scream also started making announcements, and I think the one I'm most excited about is the voodoo scare zone, and the themed bars sound really cool. They're also doing a Jack the Ripper musical show which I feel might end up being either really good or unintentionally hilarious.

Our ADR day also came a couple weeks ago, and we were (mostly) successful in getting what we wanted :rotfl: . We did have to improvise a little, but things worked out. (I'll tell the whole story in an upcoming vlog).

For Disney we're eating at: Grand Floridian Cafe, Wine Bar George, Homecomin, Tony's, Shula's, Sanaa, Beaches & Cream, & Cityworks

And at Universal: Toothsome, NBC Grill, The Kitchen, Cowfish, Mythos, & Bice

Southwest also decided to change both of our flights. :faint: They claim it's due to lack of demand, but I'm pretty sure our flight was full, and I find they do this sometimes with the direct flights coming out of our airport. Usually there's another one to switch to, but this time they only have one each day, and they're at terrible times.

The flights they switched us too are close enough to what we had (just with layovers added in), but I just think it's unnecessary to have a layover in such a short flight, and since it's hurricane season I just prefer to have one flight so I don't have to worry about potentially getting stuck in another airport. I do have some points so I could book a backup flight, but I'm not sure thats needed. The flight home is also now three hours earlier, which makes it so we don't have too much time to do anything on our last day, but there's nothing I can really change them too so I've decided to keep them the way they are.

And here's some photos from the last few weeks...

My brother's birthday:

Some more pictures from our last trip. I don't think I'll make a full post on it unless you guys want me to because I already posted all the vlogs and I don't have too many pictures that I haven't already posted. But here's Stratton Falls:

The Shimmer Spa:

And some delicious sticky toffee pudding:

And finally some french toast from brunch the other day:

Last edited:
  • schumigirl

It's a bit of a roodie doodie word for lady parts
    Lovely pictures again Raeven......and a birthday celebration is always fun.

Sticky toffee pudding......lush!!!

I hope you enjoy HHN this year, I`m not sure what to think of how it`ll all work out with the crowds, but some interesting houses for sure. And that sucks with the flight change....yes, no need for that on such a short flight.

Howl o scream does sound like it`ll be a lot of fun too!!!

Raeven

DIS Veteran
    So basically it'll be a win either way :rotfl:
    Yes lol

Lovely pictures again Raeven......and a birthday celebration is always fun.
    Thank you!

Sticky toffee pudding......lush!!!
    It was so good!

I hope you enjoy HHN this year, I`m not sure what to think of how it`ll all work out with the crowds, but some interesting houses for sure. And that sucks with the flight change....yes, no need for that on such a short flight.
    I hope so! I have no idea if things will be different this year, but the houses they've announced do sound great.

Howl o scream does sound like it`ll be a lot of fun too!!!
    I can't wait to check it out!

Raeven

DIS Veteran
    Here’s a little vlog with my reaction to the newly announced HHN houses (well new when I recorded this), my Disney dining reservation day story, & a haul of some clothes I bought for vacation.

Trip Planning & Vacation Shopping Haul

Tracy161

DIS Veteran
    *walks into the room during "we want to see if it's really as bad as they say it is"*
    Oh, must be Tony's :rotfl: :rotfl:

Love your haul stuff! You're getting so close to your trip :hyper:

Raeven

DIS Veteran
    HHN Trip- 4 weeks, 6 days

September Trip Planning

I don't have very many planning updates today, but yesterday morning I woke up and Alyssa had texted me that Rush of Fear passes were on sale! So I immediately bought ours. :rotfl: This is the first year we've gotten the pass with express, and I knew after 2019 that getting express for every night we're going vs buying it for a couple nights made the most sense. (Especially because buying express separately adds up quickly). I feel so relieved to finally get our passes, and it makes me so much more excited for the event.

They also announced an Icons house yesterday which I love, because when I went for our first year (the 25th) I didn't really understand the history of the event yet, and we ended up skipping the 25th anniversary house because we only had one night, and I've always wished we did go to that one.

Aside from the usual nervousness about hurricanes/our flights, and about ever changing covid restrictions (hopefully none of that will affect this trip). We have 34 days to go, and I'm so excited to be back at HHN & Disney. I think next week I may even start to do a little packing.

Non Trip Stuff

I tried to find some Halloween decor the other day because a lot of people were saying it's already in stores, but I haven't had any luck yet. But this weekend I'm supposed to go to a local theme park with Josh's cousin and his girlfriend so you'll get to see some pictures and vlogs of that coming up!

And here's some photos from a hike we took last week (which will be in an eventual vlog):

(People told me this looked like Pandora :rotfl:).

Raeven

DIS Veteran
    We’re at 29 days now for our HHN trip!

:jumping1:

Also this past weekend I went to Six Flags Great Escape which is the theme park I grew up going to, with Josh’s cousin & his girlfriend. It’s in the Lake George area, and in next week’s vlog I’ll show you another attraction we went to in the actual village of Lake George.

Here’s the vlog!

Connect

TODAY'S HEADLINES

UNIVERSAL ORLANDO VIDEOS