Delete Thread

Love the updates......all caught up, and pictures are wonderful as always.

That place did have a Toothsome vibe......most of your food did look so good....I just finished breakfast and now I want to eat again!

Josh does make some wonderful faces with the food......what a shame about the mac n cheese, it sounded like it should have been so good. And the pizzas.....yep....I need a snack.......:rotfl:

Denver Mini TR

Denver Selfie Museum

We had arrived at the Denver Selfie Museum. (In the museum you didn't have to wear a mask while you were taking the pictures, and there were very few people to a time slot so you were always far away from everyone else since the exhibits were all in different rooms).

(These pictures aren't pictures of everything, but it does cover most of the museum).

First up we have a wall of donut pillows :rotfl:

View attachment 537944

E4z4uC1l.jpg

I could not figure out for the life of me how I should pose in front of this wall of donuts so here's me sitting awkwardly :lmao:.

vqYW1U6l.jpg

Apparently this is how Josh would bite a donut :rotfl:

Wa7vhaOl.jpg

Here's the one where I thought I might trip while getting in and out of it because the ground is made up of plastic balls. :rotfl:

ZW97YZnl.jpg

Here's the one I was afraid to touch because I felt like a lot of other people had put their head on it before. Resulting in an awkward picture, but one that is not inaccurate to the way I sleep (which is that pose pretty much).

yCIlIRtl.jpg

When there's giant bread pillows you have to have a bread pillow fight, right?

aLIfNKIl.jpg

Someone who worked there volunteered to take this one and the neon sign one that I think is further down in the post. I may have accidentally actually punched Josh a little which is why I'm laughing in the second picture. :laughing:

KuK2vVxl.jpg

And he has strongly committed to acting this out.

maWQxhvl.jpg

There were numerous angel wings around, but I like these best because they reminded me of the angels on Supernatural. :lmao:

f5oiPehl.jpg

I love this picture because for some reason he is making wings while wearing the wings :rotfl:

bDrvuPxl.jpg

3yVJpULl.jpg

This one kind of looked a lot like Blink 182's logo to me, but I think they're supposed to be VHS tapes.

WXq7viKl.jpg

This room was cool because it had the infinity mirrors. We went into a room like this when we were at the Disneyland pop up exhibit last year, and I know Josh loves these so I offered to take his picture. But I'm not sure why he looks so traumatized :lmao:

7bfYJgal.jpg

View attachment 537945

This room was bigger than the one we went to in Disneyland. It also did have a time limit, but since no one else was waiting to go in we basically got to spend as much time as we wanted in there.

SnLZG3xl.jpg

It took me a minute to figure it out, but these are for sure those giant crayon piggy banks every kid used to have.

gAsWiHkl.jpg

We also sword fought with these.

WGEXDZ8l.jpg

View attachment 537946

But my favorite part of the museum was this banana swing!

View attachment 537947

zzdXkaZl.jpg

It was a real swing, but there was a ring light in front of it so I was in danger of kicking it every time I swung. This did not stop me however from swinging from every angle and surely annoying Josh severely as he had to keep moving the ring light out of the way. But it was so much fun :rotfl:

RYXjPzCl.jpg

Josh wanted to swing upside down, but I don't think he quite got it...

5pZASGtl.jpg

qqtRJ2Vl.jpg

The final room was clearly meant to remind me of where we weren't. :rotfl:

KC85QvTl.jpg

It also had this cute sign:

O7zyhsNl.jpg

8dFM1Nql.jpg

The Selfie Museum was a lot of fun, and I think we got some pretty good pictures from it although we also got our fair share of awkward ones too. :laughing:

That night for dinner we went to a restaurant called Happy Camper. This was the hardest to get of all of our reservations. I think it's because it's a very pretty place with a lot of photo ops, and it seemed like it was maybe near a college area. However I made the mistake of picking indoor seating instead of outside because it was really hard to tell what was inside and outside from the pictures (because it was all open air but some seats were outside in a front part, and some were under a roof).

All the cute seats were outside, and mostly for groups bigger than two it looked like. A lot of the photo ops were also at specific tables that had people sitting at them so that was a little disappointing.

EK4qEyEl.jpg

We each got a pizza (the speciality here), and Elotes dip which was corn, chili powder cream cheese, chihuahua cheese, and peppers.

lgHOLDTl.jpg

Pizza photoshoot:

Tn5jFCvl.jpg

IArZM7Ql.jpg

qiOPw3pl.jpg

c4C4swCl.jpg

Josh wished the gluten free ones came in a bigger size, and seemed to think the pizza was ok. I was disappointed to find the pizza kind of tasted like Chuck E Cheese pizza. It was pretty basic and bland for a place that specializes in pizza. However I LOVED the dip.

After dinner we walked over to an ice cream place I'd heard really good reviews of called Little Man Ice Cream.

xICWSQll.jpg

I got 16th St Chocolate (which was chocolate ice cream and fudge brownie).

uy7HSyll.jpg

It was a good, but a little chocolate syrup-y tasting, and not quite as good as the Ben and Jerry's flavor that's similar.

Josh got a blackberry sorbet:

FLrsEgBl.jpg

He said this was thick for sorbet, but good.

Next Up
I'll post the vlog from the Selfie Museum & the next day we head to the Denver Zoo!

0dp64nkl.jpg

I have to give you and Josh 👍🏻👍🏻 for the cool shirts!!!!!

Bruce Lee and Homer!!!

Socks also!

That place did have a Toothsome vibe......most of your food did look so good....I just finished breakfast and now I want to eat again!

:rotfl: the pizza's were good!

Josh does make some wonderful faces with the food......what a shame about the mac n cheese, it sounded like it should have been so good. And the pizzas.....yep....I need a snack.......:rotfl:

It's always terrible when mac and cheese isn't good :sad2:

I have to give you and Josh 👍🏻👍🏻 for the cool shirts!!!!!

Haha thank you! I actually found that shirt for him at the outlet mall.

Socks also!

Oh yes he likes to match his socks when he can :rotfl:

My conclusion to that was that the hotel was perhaps haunted :rotfl:
Seems like the only logical explanation to me :confused3:laughing:

I love this picture because for some reason he is making wings while wearing the wings :rotfl:

I know Josh loves these so I offered to take his picture. But I'm not sure why he looks so traumatized :lmao:

This did not stop me however from swinging from every angle and surely annoying Josh severely as he had to keep moving the ring light out of the way. But it was so much fun :rotfl:
This whole post had me cracking up - particularly these sentences! :thumbsup2:laughing:

There were numerous angel wings around, but I like these best because they reminded me of the angels on Supernatural. :lmao:

This made me think of Lucifer lol

The selfie museum looked like a lot of fun!!

Sorry about some of the disappointing food....that's too bad. That dip sounds amazing though, I could eat just that as a meal lol

Gosh aren`t people weird......a gorilla is offensive because it`s showing it`s butt.....jeez.....those poor kids being taught that!!

And a disposable camera???? Who knew there even was still such a thing......lol....retro or not, no thanks......

You got some lovely pics again ::yes::

I never knew there was such a thing as a red river hog, and I love elephants, so enjoyed seeing that one.

Weirdest smashed potatoes I`ve ever seen!! But, pancakes look good and I have to say I`d visit a restaurant called Syrup!

I can't get over how he looks so traumatized in that picture and he asked me to take it :rotfl:
You'd think he'd be more... excited... given he asked for it?! :rotfl:

I also want to point out since this was in my notes that we saw a family taking pictures with a disposable camera. I do not think they were doing this to be retro, I think they were seriously taking pictures with a disposable camera. Maybe they were time travelers?
I didn't even know they made those anymore?! :laughing:

This gorilla put his butt in the air at one point, and apparently that greatly offended a woman. She told her kids that they would be leaving the area as that was inappropriate and they shouldn't have to see that. :rotfl:
We wouldn't want animals to be acting like animals, now would we? What did she think, this was a zoo or something?! :faint: :laughing:

On the way back to the hotel we got the strangest Lyft driver. He was having a conversation, but I'm not sure it was with us. :lmao:
HAHAHA! You really do have a knack for finding some strange drivers, don't you?!

Denver Mini TR

Denver Zoo

Before the Denver Zoo we stopped at a breakfast place called Syrup that was right down the street from our hotel.

Josh got the gluten free Strawberry Field Pancakes:

qB14gw8l.jpg

These were a little artificial tasting in my opinion, but I liked it better than what I ordered :rotfl:

I got a breakfast sandwich with smashed potatoes:

MSwFCVYl.jpg

The smashed potatoes were just tater tots, which were good but not quite what I expected. The sandwich was ok, but the cheese never melted and the bacon was thick and not crispy. :crazy2:

Next we headed to the Denver Zoo! (So this post will be mostly pictures of animals).

Where we saw these cuties :lovestruc

PRWvSMTl.jpg

5n8aKWpl.jpg

This baby Mandrill was one of the cutest things I've ever seen.

View attachment 538990

o9UuOIJl.jpg

v34GlPNl.jpg

I also want to point out since this was in my notes that we saw a family taking pictures with a disposable camera. I do not think they were doing this to be retro, I think they were seriously taking pictures with a disposable camera. Maybe they were time travelers?

View attachment 538991

l4ekAgnl.jpg

The Red River Hogs marching in a line:

6b9MMekl.jpg

And the penguins swimming:

H8kzradl.jpg

IiGxSlml.jpg

Rhinos for @xlsm (she got lots of rhino pictures that day):

R6drBPbl.jpg

YwL0VZpl.jpg

tKrqUJql.jpg

This gorilla put his butt in the air at one point, and apparently that greatly offended a woman. She told her kids that they would be leaving the area as that was inappropriate and they shouldn't have to see that. :rotfl:

View attachment 538992

kIFMiyGl.jpg

There was also a portion that was like an aquarium and an area that house reptiles. I finally got to see otters!

View attachment 538993

vh550BRl.jpg

And this proud and majestic turtle:

pUhN7PLl.jpg

The theming in this area reminded me of Animal Kingdom:

kQ0XXgHl.jpg

R32Zvzll.jpg

7H3SRu5l.jpg

They also had Lego figures of the animals around the park:

Wem634Pl.jpg

KvdLb72l.jpg

Overall this was a really nice zoo and there was a lot to see. On the way back to the hotel we got the strangest Lyft driver. He was having a conversation, but I'm not sure it was with us. :lmao: It was like he picked up in the middle of a conversation he'd been having inside his head and expected us to know what he was talking about (it was about how expensive it was to ship a guitar to Poughkeepsie?) :confused:

Next Up
I'm posting a vlog tomorrow where my sister and I try Cheeto Mac & Cheese :rotfl:, and then I'll post the vlog from the zoo on Friday. My next post is about our trip to Cherry Creek Shopping Center & our first time at Top Golf! (And after that we only have one more day of our Denver trip left).

GBiEWEll.jpg

:smokin:

I like reading your stuff with a nice glass of Port and a nice stogie!!!

I still can't get over the lady who thought zoo animals should act like anything other than zoo animals?! :confused3:laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!