Delete Thread

I was just stopping to see what I could find on the UO boards and saw that you had a PTR so I decided to jump in.

I'm sorry your trip got cancelled and that you lost your job too. Sounds all too familiar (can sadly relate). It's been so rough, but I agree it's for the better that we get to apply for unemployment benefits than not get paid at all. I wish you the best on that.

I'm not going to lie, I'm so nervous about HHN30. I've been looking forward to it since HHN ended this year. All of my friends have, even ones who left FL and weren't going to be living there again. It's been dominating my life currently since I see it as the light at the end of the tunnel. I've been looking at the speculation maps, listening to podcasts about it and everything. Ultimately, I'm kinda coming to terms with it potentially being cancelled, since the opposite might be a VERY watered down HHN and that just seems sad on an anniversary year. If it gets moved to October, fine, I just want this year to be done right and if that's 2021, so be it. Even though it would suck to wait until 2021 for a Beetlejuice house and a Legendary Truth house, at least they would be in prime.

Fingers still crossed though.

I've been off the boards for a while, actually most social media-the amount of panic and sheer misinformation etc was just too much.
Sorry about your job - that has to be stressful. I'm still working from home-not as many hours but close enough. My hubs does fundraising with schools though, and with schools closed-just as spring fundraisers were kicking off---well I think we have over 500 cases of chocolate bars sitting in the lower lever right now LOL. But it means his income has pretty much evaporated. We were lucky enough to get that SBA loan that will be forgiven if the money goes to payroll-technically he is SBA with one employee with the way he works.

I hope your Chicago trip happens, but if not something to look forward to at a later date. We had a May Paris trip cancelled obviously-Disneyland paris got in contact a few weeks ago but still haven't gotten the refund, nor has the airline gotten back about the refund. But both these happened around beginning of April so hasn't really been the months it feels like.

Your dates are for the first weekend of HHN? I've got booked 9/23-9/30 with the 23-27 at Universal. Was planning on the last couple days at Disney for F&W - really hoping things are nearly back to normal then! Well actually by August as our middle kid has decided on UCF for her college. Almost - almost - booked a couple other long weekend flight for october as Frontier was running $11 flights!!! If they do run that special again I think I will book-even if ends up I can't run off to Orlando I think I could spare losing $22!

I'm keeping up the optimism that by end of summer most of this will be under control and behind us. DH's oldest daughter (lives in Jacksonville and works as researcher at Mayo there) has her annual conference at Disney in late August-and it is still on. It's a physician conference and if THEY haven't cancelled yet I see no reason to panic.

Here's hoping the plans stay together and happen!!

Hey Raeven! Hope you're keeping well, and trip planning isn't too stressful in these uncertain times. Great update as usual!

V2RuEYKl.png

BxudS9Fl.png

omg YUM :p

Pretty couple :goodvibes

(Yes, my dad gave us toilet paper :rotfl:).

:laughing: what were you happier to see, chocolate or toilet paper?!

I think you're smart for cutting back and cancelling all of your trips. The uncertainty is still there even with Shanghai opening so soon. You're better off holding out for one trip than having your money spread out every which way. Fingers big crossed for HHN this year. Big BIG crossed.

That cake you made looks so so good. I also love the Killer Klowns shirt. I've been in the mood for a re-watch lately. That film is just the fun I need during this quarantine. Love the Aristocats shirt too!

Yeah, it's hard to say if any of the trips will happen this year because just opening isn't enough. Both our state and whichever state we're traveling too will have to be doing ok, and that state can't have one of those quarantine bans on us. Plus things with my job have to be worked out, and if there's a lot of restrictions at first I'd rather hold off till we're in a phase where that's not the case.

Yes!

It was good! But very, very sugary :rotfl:

It was from HHN 2 years ago, I love all the Killer Klowns shirts I've acquired from HHN :laughing: It's such a good movie! And I'm pretty sure it's on Netflix.

Thank you!

:wave2:

Sorry to hear about your trips. I don't know about you, but for me planning (not Disney but honeymoon) has just become so impossible with not knowing what we'd be allowed to do, that it's actually a relief to just cancel it for now. Hopefully by the time you take your trips things might be a bit more normal, and more enjoyable :goodvibes

Also love the Aristocats shirt, and your cake is fanstastic! I'm imagining you trying to do the sprinkles, that sounds like absolute carnage :rotfl:

I don't believe they'd be able to open until we hit phase 2 in this area, but we aren't even in phase 1 of reopening yet so I'm thinking that may be more towards June.
I live in WNY, which is apparently the only place in NY worse than downstate :sad2: I'm hoping that we wont lose out on the entire summer stuck in phase 1.

I've also waited in ridiculously long car lines for some very small things (like ice cream or Starbucks) because what else is there to do? :rotfl:
I spent 40 minutes in line for Dairy Queen last week lol Jeremy made a trip to home depot this morning so I think we're going to start sprucing up the exterior of our house as soon as the weather warms up a bit more!

We received all our refunds for our cancelled trip finally. From both Ticketmaster and Undercover Tourist. We got a 100% refund because they were after hours tickets and not regular park tickets too.
Thats great, I'm glad you were able to get refunds for everything!

I'm still pretty hopeful so far about September, but I'm also not really making many plans just in case.
We're still holding out hope for September as well. Although, since were only going for a long weekend, we decided in the event that HHN is postponed or cancelled we more than likely wont be making the trip this year.
I ended up cancelling all the reservations for California. The flights ended up not opening the day they were supposed to anyway. I think we'll go there next year like we originally planned.
We've actually decided that if September doesn't pan out we might use those funds to take a trip over to Disneyland next year!

It came out really nicely though!

That looks amazing! You guys did such a great job! Its definitely not easy to layer cake.

I've also waited in ridiculously long car lines for some very small things (like ice cream or Starbucks) because what else is there to do? :rotfl:
No kidding! Gone are the days of "ain't nobody got time for that". :rotfl:

We decided to bake a cake inspired by Buddy (aka the Cake Boss) in honor of the Buddy Vs Duff finale
That's so awesome!!! I used to love both shows. I went into Buddy's place many years ago which was so awesome, and did a drive by of Duff's once too, but it looked almost nothing like they make it look on the show so that was disappointing but still fun.

It came out really nicely though!
It came out beautifully!!! The colors are perfect!!! :thumbsup2

That's so awesome!!! I used to love both shows. I went into Buddy's place many years ago which was so awesome, and did a drive by of Duff's once too, but it looked almost nothing like they make it look on the show so that was disappointing but still fun.

I want to go to Buddy's so badly! That's so cool.

It came out beautifully!!! The colors are perfect!!! :thumbsup2

Aw thank you!

Any cake you need help cleaning up....:rotfl2:

It does look great!

Came out nicely sprinkles and the layers, should have said so in my other post!

The killer klowns shirt is awesome also!

I've also waited in ridiculously long car lines for some very small things (like ice cream or Starbucks) because what else is there to do?

Yup, right there with you. Waited in a crazy line for donuts yesterday.

Your cake looked amazing!! I have been baking a lot too. It's funny when you have this much time on your hands anything seems possible, I'd never have considered half the stuff I'm doing during regular life.

Your cake looked amazing!! I have been baking a lot too. It's funny when you have this much time on your hands anything seems possible, I'd never have considered half the stuff I'm doing during regular life.

Thank you! I know I feel like I'm doing a lot of things I never thought about doing before :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!