A 2019 PTR: California, HHN 29, & More Updated 9/24 Completed (TR & DTR Link Posted)

Raeven

DIS Veteran
For those of you who haven't read one of our trip reports before
:welcome:
My name is Raeven! :wave2:

I'm an administrative assistant by day...

.... & a theme park and HHN fan by night!

& the trip planner, photographer, and TR writer every vacation.

tenor.gif

I'm 26, a Slytherin, I love delicious food, Guardians of the Galaxy, & everything Halloween.

My trip partner is my boyfriend of 5.5 years, Josh.

He's 33, works for the town, and enjoys the destination much more than the planning process. He also loves roller coasters, gluten free food, boxing, coffee, & everything HHN.

A little background: We took our first Disney/Universal trip in September 2015. After that trip we agreed we definitely wanted to go back every year (especially to HHN). Since then we've been AP holders for 2 years at Disney (but decided to take a break this year), and have been AP holders at Universal for the last 3 years, we've been going to HHN ever since the 25th year even if it meant just taking a quick weekend trip.

Since 2017 we've also been vlogging our trips as well, but took a little bit of a break from daily vlogging on our last trip. I definitely want to capture these trips and they're both on the longer side so I expect to get quite a bit of footage.

Currently: We have two trips coming up this year! One is our first trip to California coming up at the end of April into the beginning of May. I'll mention that one here a bit (only 2 months to go! :hyper:), but won't go into too much detail because this PTR will mainly be for our other trip (since that's the one that involves Universal). California is a little different than what we're used to planning for so I'm still figuring out some of our plans, but I do have a lot of ideas for things to do & have already booked most the trip. (I'm also planning on posting a TR for the California trip afterwards on the Disneyland/Cali boards).

The second trip is a 9 day trip to HHN with a few days at Universal & a few at Disney!

giphy.gif

This is going to look slightly different from our regular trips because for the first couple days it'll be just me and a very special guest.... @xlsm!

@xlsm likes rhinos, delicious food, Harry Potter, & watching all the same ridiculous shows I do. This will be her first HHN, & the first time she really gets to explore Universal since she's only been to Universal for a quick trip.

We met on the boards a couple years back (I think while I was planning our 2016 trips), and met up in May of the following year at Jock Lindsey's where we caused lots of mischief closing doors and moving chairs. Since then we've kept contact on and off the boards, & she's been my Riverdale watching buddy even when things are super ridiculous :rotfl:

Late last year we were talking about how it's been awhile since we've seen each other, and we wanted to take a vacation at the same time, and were thinking of a short trip maybe in June, but then we started talking about HHN/Universal, and realized that would be perfect since I had already taken time off to go we would have more flexibility than a weekend and could fit both Disney & Universal/HHN in.

Josh will be joining us a couple days into the trip for about a day, and then him and I will also spend a few days at Universal/HHN after we all part ways.

Up Next
What we have booked so far for April/May
& some ideas for Sep

Last edited:

schumigirl

It's a bit of a roodie doodie word for lady parts
Definitely following this one.......and I’m first here!!!

Looking forward to reading your plans......and a HHN Virgin!!!! Fantastic........hope xlsm has a fabulous first visit to the best Halloween event ever!

Isn’t it fabulous how we can make so many lovely friends when we meet on a message board!

Don’t know much about California, so excited to read about that too........:)

Raeven

DIS Veteran
Definitely following this one.......and I’m first here!!!

Looking forward to reading your plans......and a HHN Virgin!!!! Fantastic........hope xlsm has a fabulous first visit to the best Halloween event ever!

Isn’t it fabulous how we can make so many lovely friends when we meet on a message board!

Don’t know much about California, so excited to read about that too........:)
Thanks for following along! And yes first one! :cheer2:

I’m so exited to show her HHN! She said she hasn’t been to any local haunts before either, so I guess we’re going big for her first one :rotfl:

It is!

It should be an interesting trip, there’s so much to do there it’s hard to narrow it down!

Last edited:
  • amyrose26

Earning My Ears
    Since you told me you started this about 10 minutes ago I had to check it out. You know that I love to vicariously through your adventures. Haha!!! I am so excited for you go to Disneyland. And I can’t wait to hear all about both trips. You will have so much fun! Happy planning!!!!

keishashadow

Proud Redhead...yes, I have some bananas!
    We love DL, probably moreso than WDW if truth be told. A few years ago did a rather epic Vegas/USH-HHN/Knotts Scary Farm/DLH-MNSSHP/then cross country to USO for HHN. At the risk of getting beat down, Knotts won hands down. Yes, we were tired and used up all our airline miles in the process lol

Always fun to introduce a noob to the parks, have fun

• Raeven

DIS Veteran
    Since you told me you started this about 10 minutes ago I had to check it out. You know that I love to vicariously through your adventures. Haha!!! I am so excited for you go to Disneyland. And I can’t wait to hear all about both trips. You will have so much fun! Happy planning!!!!
    Thank you!

We love DL, probably moreso than WDW if truth be told. A few years ago did a rather epic Vegas/USH-HHN/Knotts Scary Farm/DLH-MNSSHP/then cross country to USO for HHN. At the risk of getting beat down, Knotts won hands down. Yes, we were tired and used up all our airline miles in the process lol

Always fun to introduce a noob to the parks, have fun
    OMG that does sound epic! I wanted to do a coast to coast one for HHN one year, but I just don't know if I get long enough vacations to pull it off. Vegas is definitely a future trip idea too.

I'm so excited to show her everything there especially HHN. And we'll both get to ride the new HP coaster for the first time!

I'm here!!!
    Yay! :wave2:

Following along. Especially want to hear about California.
    Thanks for following along! :wave: Everyone seems pretty interested in California too so I'll try to include a bit more of our planning in here. But I'll definitely write a TR too.

Last edited:

xlsm

Snow White
    Woohoo!! This makes the trip closer and more real!

Speaking of Riverdale, the new episode didn't record last night so I have to wait for it to show up on demand tomorrow :sad: (it recorded the masked singer and goldbergs instead, LOL)

Raeven

DIS Veteran
    Following!!! I personally loved DL/CA, I can't wait to hear all about your plans!
    Thanks for following along! :wave2:

Woohoo!! This makes the trip closer and more real!

Speaking of Riverdale, the new episode didn't record last night so I have to wait for it to show up on demand tomorrow :sad: (it recorded the masked singer and goldbergs instead, LOL)
    Yes! Just a little over 6 months! :cheer2:

I can never watch it till it’s on the app so I haven’t seen it either :sad2:

Last edited:
  • disneyAndi14

DIS Veteran
    Following along, sounds like such a nice mix of many different adventures, parks, and Halloween (which I love)!

Gina Starr

DIS Veteran
    Oooo I am hoping to get to California sooner rather than later and the planning is a little overwhelming when I start to look at it so I’m excited to be following along!!

amazingact21

Upendi
    Joining in. HHN has always been a goal of mine, it's just never worked out. So hopefully I'll get to live vicariously through your plans!

Raeven

DIS Veteran
    Oooo I am hoping to get to California sooner rather than later and the planning is a little overwhelming when I start to look at it so I’m excited to be following along!!
    Yeah it is! I'm still not 100% on our itinerary :rotfl: There's sooo much to do. And even that doesn't include everything we want to do, and then there's areas that are too away to include in this trip but there's things I want to do there too. But even across LA, Anaheim, and San Diego there's so many things to do.

Joining in. HHN has always been a goal of mine, it's just never worked out. So hopefully I'll get to live vicariously through your plans!
    Thanks for following along! :wave2: I love HHN so much, I hope you get to go there someday!

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates

DIS INSTAGRAM
    UNIVERSAL PODCASTS

UNIVERSAL ORLANDO VIDEOS

UNIVERSAL ATTRACTIONS