900 Miles, 5 Parks, 2 Resorts, 6 ADR's, and 3 days of Celebration!!! Update 3/8/13

The bad news is that I just got a reminder of your thread, several pages late. The good news is that I thoroughly enjoyed them and maybe a tad bit more for having so much to read and look at.:)

I hope you do not mind but I snagged one of your castle pics for my collection.:cool1:

In my dream house I always wanted a huge closet with laundry in it so I could just hang up the clothes directly and have dressers to put the fold-able stuff in and it could be used as a dressing room also, right smack dab near all the bedrooms. Of course the linens would be there too. I are lazy.:goodvibes

I learned a tip about avoiding a double chin look in photographs. Instead of stretching your neck like a turtle you simply keep your chin level and stretch it forward. It worked on me way back when I had three chins.pixiedust:

Disney is family oriented and Main Street is the center of it all and without a butt grabbing or two there would not be families, or at least not as many.l:banana:

Just how did you ascertain that it was not the same horse as you had on your previous carriage ride? Did you check ID?:laughing:

I came up with a way to display my collection of Disney pins in my small condo. I have a boring valance in my kitchen and really wanted a bit of color so I am going to pin them on the valance. Adds color and makes it easy to see my memories.:scratchin

SG, who is greatly enjoying the ride and love those pictures!:lovestruc

I have to admit I almost have your dream laundry room. Since we have very limited closet space so our laundry room is really big with dressers and a long metal bar for hanging clothes above the dresser, folding table, ironing space. I hang all my clothes on the bar above the dresser and all my linens go in the drawers. It is wonderful and one of the few things I will miss about my house when it sells.

I love your pins on the curtains idea.

They switched to Nescafe yucky stuff. :( Both at Cafe Rix and at the Pepper Market.

I'm not a coffee drinker, but I think they still had the coffee to pay for, but not the flavorings to add.

We were just in there yesterday, ate at the Pepper Market for lunch, that was a GOOOD lunch!! Buffet lunch now, and if you are on the dining plan it only counts as 1 quick service! We were there OOP was $16.95 an adult

Their water is filtered though, so tap water at the Pepper Market or Cafe Rix doesn't take horrible like other places on property.

Nescafe again bummer. Actually, the Nescafe passes for me while on vacation. I am glad they still have good coffee to purchase since that seems hard to find. The water passes for me too. There are those couple of fountains at MK that are nasty though.

That grab picture is hilarious!! You both looked great in your dress up pics! The food looks good too. We've never eaten there. Maybe someday. We ate at the Captain's Grille for breakfast last week, but that's the closest we ever got to the steak house, lol.

I forget, where was your son during this time? With grandparents in Tampa or at Disney?

He was with the Grandparents near Tampa. That is where most of the planning for this trip came into play...working out days for him with the Grandparents and us getting to do what we want. Yachtsman has nothing he will eat.

All caught up. I've had serious connection issues this week with my internet. Turns out I had no signal most days.

That dessert party looks like fun. I need to try it one day. I have never done Space Mountain. Then again I have never done Primeval Whirl, I get really sick on spinning rides, or Kali River Rapids. I don't trust the water proof bin and spend way too much money on my camera equipment. Maybe I'll try it once they open the lockers near it.

I love to wander the paths around the Tree of Life and don't think I have found that one yet. I don't remember seeing Kangaroos. I agree with a previous poster about the Do Not Enter sign. They lost a fairly nice size branch after a storm back in April.

Looking forward to more.

I have to tell you, when I first went to read this response, I wasn't getting any signal. Sitting here in the office yelling at my computer when I knew it wasn't its fault...its fairly new and quick. Think it may be time for the cable company to supply a new modem.

Sorry you cant' handle those rides, but I will say, unless you have a lot of people with bags, the water proof bin works well. It's when you are fighting with strangers for space that you have issues. Jacob and I ran into a problem one time, both my cell and his DS died after a day at AK. We've thought maybe someone had a large magnet in their bag on KRR that zapped our equipment. It was weird for both to die like that.

I think you are right about the branch. Hope they open that trail because it really does have some great animal carvings and rarely had people on it.

Whew, it's been a long time since I posted on this!! I was glad you guys got to ride EE twice -- that's ALWAYS a must-do for me! And you guys are hilarious together -- some of the best pictures of the two of you having a good time that I have ever seen. :goodvibes

I am embarrassed to say that how Jonas became after your dinner is something I, myself, might have done, after suggesting something that doesn't happen, and then having all that inconvenience, afterward. Just goes to show that alcohol and frustration don't mix! :crazy2:

So, that's where you got the XBox 360!! I wondered about that...

Really enjoying this!!

Where have you been girl, living your life instead of reading my TR. ;)

I think part of my issue is I'm at Disney, I want to take their transportation rather than some dirty ol taxi, which I then have to pay for.

We did have a great time until that moment.

all caught up.

POR is so pretty.

I have yet to try Yachtsman but one day I will.

I love meltdowns at resorts in adults. Vinny has them. :rotfl2:

I'm sorry you have to deal with the meltdowns too. Not suppose to happen at WDW, it's the Happiest Place on Earth, right.:confused3

Hope you get to Yachtsman soon. Have to go check out your PTR to see if you have made any more changes and added it.:rotfl:

I have to admit I almost have your dream laundry room. Since we have very limited closet space so our laundry room is really big with dressers and a long metal bar for hanging clothes above the dresser, folding table, ironing space. I hang all my clothes on the bar above the dresser and all my linens go in the drawers. It is wonderful and one of the few things I will miss about my house when it sells.

I love your pins on the curtains idea.

Hey, you are hijacking my TR...awww, you know I dont' mind.:goodvibes Of course, I'm learning, the bigger any room, the more to clean.:sad:

You looked so beautiful dressed up like you were. Brown is a great color for you. I also noticed how much you and Jacob look alike.

I like the presentation of the ceasar salad. I bet Jonas was just stuffed and tired after dinner and I probably would be having an adult/baby fit too in that situation. I know I would be moaning about it anyway. BTDT

Pictures always make any TR better and the pictures are even better when you know the folks in them. I am starting to make my plans for my trip. Each one has a theme, this time it is all in the 'details". I got a few ideas from some of your pictures. :thumbsup2

(shhh, don't look at this anyone) Love your laundry Ang.:lmao:

SG/Linda (who would NEVER get off subject):offtopic:

You looked so beautiful dressed up like you were. Brown is a great color for you. I also noticed how much you and Jacob look alike.

I like the presentation of the ceasar salad. I bet Jonas was just stuffed and tired after dinner and I probably would be having an adult/baby fit too in that situation. I know I would be moaning about it anyway. BTDT

Thank you. And yes, I am unable to deny that Jacob is mine. Every time we go to a school open house, at least one teacher will say "You must be Jacob's Mom." Helped out on picture day and had a student ask.

Moaning is one thing, I can handle some complaining but I could tell it was all "Should have listened to me." I really wanted to knock his head off.

Pictures always make any TR better and the pictures are even better when you know the folks in them. I am starting to make my plans for my trip. Each one has a theme, this time it is all in the 'details". I got a few ideas from some of your pictures. :thumbsup2

(shhh, don't look at this anyone) Love your laundry Ang.:lmao:

SG/Linda (who would NEVER get off subject):offtopic:

When are you going on your trip? Remember we will be at Epcot on the 12th if you want to make a little trip, but I understand if you don't want to. I4 is scary and doing it twice in one day can be crazy.

A little back story, before even leaving for FL and after getting the Celebration schedule I was worried about an ADR I had made for Kona on Thursday morning. I knew we would be really excited to get over to Celebration, and then also having to switch resorts. So on Sunday I discussed it with Jonas and I was able to move our ADR to 7am on Tuesday when we would be meeting my folks. I knew they would never make too early, so no issue there.

So, it is now Tuesday morning and I get up, get dressed and head out with my camera.

I love this time of morning for photographing POR because the CM Security isn't out on the boats yet, so the river is very calm.

I found a fountain that was lit and changed colors.

I kept adjusting and was fighting with the lens fogging over. I probably spent 10 minutes there, plus I know I was probably talking to myself. I turn and there is a guy sitting on a bench having a smoke. I gave up at that point.

This is the area where they show movies

I love reflection photos

I met Jonas back in the room and we hoped in the car to go to Kona. No problems getting there, I've learned my way around the whole resort rather well.

Ever seen an empty Disney restaurant

We watched them open O'Hana's.

We had a nice breakfast. I had this

Jonas had just bacon and eggs. I can't believe we come to some place like this for breakfast and he gets just bacon and eggs.:confused3 Oh yea, we were there for the Kona coffee. As we are drinking our coffee we realized we didn't order the Kona.:rotfl2: This may be why I am having to go in a couple of weeks.

We headed back to the room to wait on the folks. On the way to WDW the guy in front of them rearended the lady in front of him. So my parents were then held up with the accident. Jonas and I have decided Jacob is the cause of the accidents on this trip.:rotfl2: Don't worry, everyone was ok, the cars didn't do so well though.

Let me tell you a little about my Mom. When you need to talk to her, she is quick to get off the phone. I was trying to give her directions to the resort and she kept trying to hang up. I should have been giving directions to my Stepdad, Dale since he was driving.

Here is how this conversation was going:

Me: Once you leave the main road, get in the left lane. You have a mile or so to do this. You will turn left right after an overpass and you will see a DVC sign on our left.

Mom: Ok, we just passed a sign that said DVC.

Me: Ok, once through the gate, turn right, go over the bridge and then turn left.

Mom: Ok, we are in the main parking.

Me: Get out of the parking lot, go pass the security gate and go across the bridge.

Mom: She wants us to leave this parking lot.

:crazy2:

I thought it would be much easier to get all of Jacob's stuff in the room, if they are parked right outside the room. My Mom has stayed with me at POFQ, she knows how big these resorts can be.

I ran out to greet them and saw something I probably never would have noticed

Next up, a day with the folks and I will never allow Dale to have a drink before going in 50's Primetime again!

Love the early morning pics. I love to get up early and wander the resort taking pics too. I actually have sunrise at CBR. I learned a trick to help with the lens fog. Wrap the camera in a towel and put it in with your clothes. I never unpack so put it in my luggage. It keeps the camera from getting to cold and then when you go out you don't have an issue with the lens fogging up.

Mel, the pictures are fantastic! Views that this night owl will never see otherwise. :)

If there were any way possible I would be there on the 12th to see you but it is just not possible. You do not want to know the details as it might give you a glimpse of a far off future when you are OLD, like me.:sad:

Is not that resort the Riverside rather than the POFQ? I have stayed there a few times and maybe I just do not know what the back of it looks like as I usually get a room right up near the action. :scratchin

SG/Linda

You are now noticing horse parking, huh? Not something you typically see in Florida. Yet something I always took for granted when I lived in PA Dutch country!

I never noticed the fountains changing colors either.

What did you have for breakfast? What is the pink stuff on top?

I'm not a coffee drinker. What is the difference between Kona coffee and coffee? Only when I'm on a diet do I drink coffee, then I drink it black. But can only handle the stuff at the Captain's Grille, the nescafe stuff is too nasty.

Too bad about the accident. Especially for those involved.

So your son got to spend time with both sets of grandparents this summer! That's wonderful!

Beautiful, beautiful POR pictures! I so want to go back. I don't care what resort I stay at next, I'm going to spend some time at POR! It's so fun to take pictures of because it's just incredibly beautiful. You totally just brought me back to July!

I was just finishing up my delicious ( :crazy2: ) bowl of plain oatmeal and blueberries, and I stumbled on your picture of TONGA TOAST.... oh my gosh!!! LOVE that stuff!!

Beautiful POR pictures.... I never would've guessed you were struggling with the camera. Nice work!

Just a tad bit OT, some folks were saying they loved the WGP Butternut Squash Soup and I love the stuff. Have hunted for a substitute for years and while it is not perfect the new Campbell's version is pretty darned good. Now to find some red pepper sauce to go on it. :cool1:

If I were to go to DW just to enjoy the resort POFQ would be my pick. Boardwalk would be a close second just because it is next to Jellyrolls. POFQ is simply beautiful and because it is not so huge it is comfortable and has many amenities that I find lacking in the more expensive resorts.:thumbsup2

Slightly Goofy

Love the early morning pics. I love to get up early and wander the resort taking pics too. I actually have sunrise at CBR. I learned a trick to help with the lens fog. Wrap the camera in a towel and put it in with your clothes. I never unpack so put it in my luggage. It keeps the camera from getting to cold and then when you go out you don't have an issue with the lens fogging up.

I read that lens trick on your TR, I will try to remember to do it. Especially our last night since the next morning I will probably just wander the resort to take pics before catching ME.

Mel, the pictures are fantastic! Views that this night owl will never see otherwise. :)

If there were any way possible I would be there on the 12th to see you but it is just not possible. You do not want to know the details as it might give you a glimpse of a far off future when you are OLD, like me.:sad:

Is not that resort the Riverside rather than the POFQ? I have stayed there a few times and maybe I just do not know what the back of it looks like as I usually get a room right up near the action. :scratchin

SG/Linda

Sorry you can't make it on the 12th, but I understand.

And the resort is Riverside, I mentioned POFQ just because my Mom and I stayed at POFQ so she should have some sort of idea as to how large the resort is. When we stayed at POFQ we were the 3 room from the last, almost to POR. :lmao:

You are now noticing horse parking, huh? Not something you typically see in Florida. Yet something I always took for granted when I lived in PA Dutch country!

I never noticed the fountains changing colors either.

What did you have for breakfast? What is the pink stuff on top?

I'm not a coffee drinker. What is the difference between Kona coffee and coffee? Only when I'm on a diet do I drink coffee, then I drink it black. But can only handle the stuff at the Captain's Grille, the nescafe stuff is too nasty.

Too bad about the accident. Especially for those involved.

So your son got to spend time with both sets of grandparents this summer! That's wonderful!

I think it was just that one fountain changing colors, I didn't notice any of the others doing so.

Breakfast was the Tonga Toast, a Texas french toast with bananas in it and the stuff on top is a strawberry sauce. I don't care for the bananas, but like the rest.

Ok, I had to look up Kona Coffee, turns out the only place in the US that coffee is grown is in Hawaii. So, should we only buy Kona since it is American made. ;)

I've drank coffee from about age 4, probably the only bad habit my Grandma passed on to me. But, I have to have a lot of sugar to drink it. Nescafe is awful to me too. We brought some of the Starbuck's Via to mix with the Nescafe.

Jacob had a great time getting to see both sets of Grandparents. Both of Jonas' and my parents are divorced and remarried (basically). Jacob has 4 sets of Grandparents, we already have a request from another set for him to come see them next year.

Beautiful, beautiful POR pictures! I so want to go back. I don't care what resort I stay at next, I'm going to spend some time at POR! It's so fun to take pictures of because it's just incredibly beautiful. You totally just brought me back to July!

I feel the same way. When we still lived in FL we drove over to DTD and rode the boat over to POR to take pics.

I was just finishing up my delicious ( :crazy2: ) bowl of plain oatmeal and blueberries, and I stumbled on your picture of TONGA TOAST.... oh my gosh!!! LOVE that stuff!!

Beautiful POR pictures.... I never would've guessed you were struggling with the camera. Nice work!

Sorry to spoil your oatmeal. ;)

Thanks, using "manual" mode for the first time this trip I was surprised how easy it could be, just need a little more practice.

Just a tad bit OT, some folks were saying they loved the WGP Butternut Squash Soup and I love the stuff. Have hunted for a substitute for years and while it is not perfect the new Campbell's version is pretty darned good. Now to find some red pepper sauce to go on it. :cool1:

If I were to go to DW just to enjoy the resort POFQ would be my pick. Boardwalk would be a close second just because it is next to Jellyrolls. POFQ is simply beautiful and because it is not so huge it is comfortable and has many amenities that I find lacking in the more expensive resorts.:thumbsup2

Slightly Goofy

That's what I enjoy about the moderates, walking out the room into the beautiful WDW landscaping. I didn't care for AKLV when I had to walk down the long hallway to my room. I know there are windows to look at the animals, but just didn't give me the same feel.

Your pictures are getting better and better as you go. I especially love that last picture when you were going to the parking lot to get your mother. I also love the early morning pictures.

I knew the pics were from POR instead of POFQ but since you mentioned FQ I thought maybe I was wrong and you had views I had never seen before. If you stay at the back of a resort you may be better off taking the shorter walk to the closer resort for the amenities. I hope you do not truly understand my situation. It is better than it was but still a long way from normal and likely to get a lot less so. We shall see. The upcoming trip will give me more insight into how bad things have gotten. I will enjoy the scenery any old way though.:)

SG

Aren't early morning walks around the resort the greatest, before everyone else wakes up?

Love the pictures you shared with us. I agree with you about the reflection pictures. They are magic. I especially like the very symmetrical one with the trees reflected in the water, and the two grassy shorelines.

Mmmmm... Kona!

We have had breakfast 3 times and dinner twice at Kona- it is one of my favorite restaurants at the World.

It really seems underrated, though. Here is one of my pictures:

IMG_2098.jpg

The Tonga Toast is good but the Macadamia Pineapple Pancakes are :cloud9:

My son Ben just gets egg and bacon there- The Donald- Two Eggs, Quacked and Scrambled.

That is a riot about your mom and phone calls.

Nice photos of POR...makes me wish I was there now.;) When we stayed there about 4 years ago our room was right near that fountain which was a great location. I will be curious what you think about CSR. We think it is a beautiful resort as well.

Your pictures are getting better and better as you go. I especially love that last picture when you were going to the parking lot to get your mother. I also love the early morning pictures.

It's funny, we have driven to POR many times, but that was the first time I had seen that one area.

I knew the pics were from POR instead of POFQ but since you mentioned FQ I thought maybe I was wrong and you had views I had never seen before. If you stay at the back of a resort you may be better off taking the shorter walk to the closer resort for the amenities. I hope you do not truly understand my situation. It is better than it was but still a long way from normal and likely to get a lot less so. We shall see. The upcoming trip will give me more insight into how bad things have gotten. I will enjoy the scenery any old way though.:)

SG

pixiedust: it gets better. I know you will still have a nice, relaxing time.

Aren't early morning walks around the resort the greatest, before everyone else wakes up?

Love the pictures you shared with us. I agree with you about the reflection pictures. They are magic. I especially like the very symmetrical one with the trees reflected in the water, and the two grassy shorelines.

Mmmmm... Kona!

We have had breakfast 3 times and dinner twice at Kona- it is one of my favorite restaurants at the World.

It really seems underrated, though. Here is one of my pictures:

IMG_2098.jpg

The Tonga Toast is good but the Macadamia Pineapple Pancakes are :cloud9:

My son Ben just gets egg and bacon there- The Donald- Two Eggs, Quacked and Scrambled.

That is a riot about your mom and phone calls.

I don't like nuts in my food, so I will probably never try those pancakes. I've had dinner at Kona once and did enjoy it. That sounds wrong "Two Eggs, Quacked and Scrambled." :rotfl:

Nice photos of POR...makes me wish I was there now.;) When we stayed there about 4 years ago our room was right near that fountain which was a great location. I will be curious what you think about CSR. We think it is a beautiful resort as well.

It's funny because I had considered CSR another time because it looks more for adults than children. I just hope we don't end up missing POR.

We had Jacob unloaded and were ready to roll.

Previously I mentioned DHS for this day since I knew my parents liked the thrill rides a little better. I can't remember if I previously told you or not, but the only time my Stepdad had been to the parks was the week after Christmas. Boy was that a life lesson learned. Weather was perfect, but the lines.:scared1:

Here we are on the bus

As you have probably guessed, that is my Stepdad on the left. Yes, he rides a Harley, and is always in jeans and a t-shirt.

I know there was a pic of me and my Mom, but now I can't find it. :sad1: I know there are others coming up.

We got to DHS and headed over to membership services to get their AP's. Mom decided to get one AP and one Seasonal Pass. They probably wouldn't be interested in attending on the blackout dates, and this way the AP covered parking charges. I did the same for Busch Gardens when we were in Tampa.

Finally we were in the park and I headed over for RnRC FP's while the rest of the family headed to Star Tours. The boys picked on Jacob the whole time in line

You have to know my Stepdad, he was the youngest of four boys. He loves wrestling and giving people a hard time. I grew up getting frogged. If you don't know what that is, make a fist, but stick one knuckle out and hit someone. It HURTS!!!! Luckily for Jacob, Gramps hasn't started that yet. He does it in a loving way.:rotfl2:

Line wasn't too long, about 20 minutes, which I don't mind because you can look around and enjoy the queue.

Gramps and I made sure Mom got her 3D glasses. I love my Mom, and she is very smart, but she can be dingy. :offtopic: Took her to see the backlot tour a few years back and the tourist helicopter flew over during the movie scene with the explosions. She thought the helicopter was part of the show. Talked about all the detail Disney does.:rotfl2: Yup, that's my Mom and I am turning into her.

They enjoyed the ride and of course the boys had to explore the store. I kept having to remind Jacob that in a few days he would be seeing more Star Wars merchandise than we could ever afford.

From here we headed over to RnRC, Jacob wanted a new pair of drumsticks to use in Band. Jonas said he would buy them but only if he rode RnRC. Does he look like he enjoyed it

Actually, the rest of my family ended up on the train ahead of us. Usually Jacob wouldn't get to see the preshow because he would end up with someone in front of him, this time he was taller and he moved to the front. Of course Jonas doesn't pay attention to where we are and takes off to be first in line, leaving us behind. Then has the nerve to text me "Where are you?"

But here is their ride photo

After our ride, I grabbed FP's for ToT and we headed over to our ADR at 50's Primetime.

We did stop for a pic

You will notice my Mom is not smiling. A few years back she had her teeth replaced with the veneers. Well one fell out and the dentist said she needs to wait six months to let the bone heal, so she didn't want to smile and show her gap.

We got to 50's about an hour early, but we were hot and hungry. Now I have to watch my Mom because she is really bad about not stopping to eat a meal, but will eat junk all day long. That was reason for the veneers. The dentist told her she could keep her teeth, but would have to give up candy and soda. Can't believe my Mother spent that kind of money for that. But it is her money and she worked hard to earn it. That is why I went ahead to 50's, hoping we could eat before she filled up on junk. I know, I should let her eat whatever she wants.

We lucked out, within 30 minutes we had a table, but not before Gramps decided to have a drink. Gramps turns a little ornery when drinking and will pick on people. He never means to hurt anyone feelings.

We decided what we wanted to eat and turned into those people with 50 requests. I had the chicken, but asked for the Aspergus instead of the Greens

Our cousin was very nice and met this request.

Then Mom spotted a kid with a hot dog and decided she wanted that. Cuz, put up a little fight, but gave in. This is when Gramps saw a chance to start picking on him.

I can't remember what Jonas ordered, but he also switched to Aspergus. Can't remember what Gramps ordered. Then there was my picky Jacob. I was willing to just get him a milkshake. He normaly isn't hungry at lunch due to his medicine.

But Jonas decided he needed to eat. I asked Cuz about the chicken nuggets and explained he doesn't like the kids chicken nuggets in the parks, he likes the adult ones. So this is what he got

Anyone with kids knows, those are the kid ones, they just brought an adult portion. :sad1: Jacob wouldn't eat them. And I have to admit, I have tried them and they aren't good.

My Mom ended up taking the chicken nuggets with her to munch on later. Now Gramps started picking on Cuz and his apron and for some reason wanted to untie it. Cuz actually called out for security a couple of times. I think he was getting annoyed. We paid the bill and headed out. And Gramps grabbed the string to Cuz's apron on the way out. He really wasn't trying to be mean, but I could tell Cuz was annoyed.

Now it was time for ToT.

No, we didn't lose Jacob, he took the chicken-out exit.

Next up, another ride of Star Tours and "Mom, don't feed the ducks!"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter