900 Miles, 5 Parks, 2 Resorts, 6 ADR's, and 3 days of Celebration!!! Update 3/8/13

We really enjoyed Wolfgang Puck's. The Macadamia Nut Chicken is excellent. You can get the recipe online. It's not difficult to make. I was shocked to find that the yummy sauce is simply heavy cream and soy sauce!!! No, it does not taste like soy sauce - it's wonderful. We make it fairly often. Also, the Salmon was a big hit both times we dined. (Calamari was perfect - never had it so good - not rubbery!!!)

You're picking up on your camera quickly. Enjoying all the photo's. I no longer ride Space Mountain because of the jerking - it always affects my back. :/

Looks like you're off to a wonderful MK day. Looking forward to reading more.

I'm in! I love the pictures so far. I'll tell you, it's not easy getting the colors to look the way you want in pictures. I now shoot in raw and tweak them in lightroom. It really doesn't take much time! I love your pictures so far!

It's so hard to get up and going when it's just the two of you... red heads waiting or not! Glad your wait for SM wasn't too bad.

How was Merida's accent?! I think that must be the hardest thing to do!! None of the other princesses have to worry about such a challenging accent. Tiana has a southern twang, but nothing as intense as that Scottish!!

Me and my DS love Space Mt., but this trip I felt like I was getting whipped around too. It didn't really hurt my neck but felt like it had the potential to. I'm guessing your favorite ride coming up is either Splash or BTMR!

Really nice pics so far. I've had a few people ask me if I am going to do a TR and I'm still considering it (never done one before) but I don't really have that many pics from this trip.

Me and my DS love Space Mt., but this trip I felt like I was getting whipped around too. It didn't really hurt my neck but felt like it had the potential to. I'm guessing your favorite ride coming up is either Splash or BTMR!

Really nice pics so far. I've had a few people ask me if I am going to do a TR and I'm still considering it (never done one before) but I don't really have that many pics from this trip.

I love following along on trip reports! I'm in if you start one!

Him and I had a discussion about how inside pics without a flash always have a yellow tint to them, well I finally got away from that. And I thought I needed a better camera. Just a little photography education.;)

I'll have to look for that book. I am such a green horn. My in-law's kitchen is the biggest problem area for us to get pictures not to come out yellow.

Oh! You need to make those castle pictures bigger!! They are beautiful!

Thank you! Sadly, I think that is the only decent castle pics I got. A certain someone wouldn't slow down for me to stop and take pics most of the time.

We really enjoyed Wolfgang Puck's. The Macadamia Nut Chicken is excellent. You can get the recipe online. It's not difficult to make. I was shocked to find that the yummy sauce is simply heavy cream and soy sauce!!! No, it does not taste like soy sauce - it's wonderful. We make it fairly often. Also, the Salmon was a big hit both times we dined. (Calamari was perfect - never had it so good - not rubbery!!!)

You're picking up on your camera quickly. Enjoying all the photo's. I no longer ride Space Mountain because of the jerking - it always affects my back. :/

Looks like you're off to a wonderful MK day. Looking forward to reading more.

I may have to try that chicken next time. I may try making the sauce sometime. And last time we ate there I had the salmon, seems like it wasn't on the menu or something. There was some reason I didn't get it.

Sorry you can't ride Space Mountain anymore. :sad:

I'm in! I love the pictures so far. I'll tell you, it's not easy getting the colors to look the way you want in pictures. I now shoot in raw and tweak them in lightroom. It really doesn't take much time! I love your pictures so far!

I think I was shooting in RAW, I got confused with my settings. I'm such a dunce when it comes to the camera. I get frustrated with lightroom, but I need to take the time to learn how to do it. I watch the videos, but then forget what they showed, or don't take the time to really learn what I am doing. I will though. And thank you!

It's so hard to get up and going when it's just the two of you... red heads waiting or not! Glad your wait for SM wasn't too bad.

How was Merida's accent?! I think that must be the hardest thing to do!! None of the other princesses have to worry about such a challenging accent. Tiana has a southern twang, but nothing as intense as that Scottish!!

I think her accent was really good. Jonas spoke with her more, as you can see.

I absolutely love, love, love the castle pics. Excellent job.

Thank you!!!

Did you ride at night? It seemed a lot faster at night, oops, getting ahead of myself. :rotfl2:

Please let me know if you decide to do a TR, I'll follow along.:goodvibes

After meeting Merida, it was time to use our FP's on Buzz. I played around with the camera some more

I like Buzz, but I do so much better on TSMM. Here is Jonas' score

And mine

Embarassing isn't it?

And the ride photo

Notice how determined Jonas is, I'm more worried about holding my head up so my neck doesn't wrinkle. :rotfl2: This is the ride I was most excited about having the Photopass+. We never want to spend the money to get this ride photo.

After Buzz we headed to the back of the park. Completely missed the new section. Considered Pooh, but the wait was a little too long for us.

The park still wasn't very crowded

Next up was one of the favorite rides of the whole family. We all have to ride this one. We decided to go through the interactive queue and I was so glad we did. We were all by ourselves. The last time we tried, this lady kept shoving her kids into my pics. Jonas was about ready to shove her. So we really enjoyed ourselves this time around.

When we moved, the hitchhiking ghosts were being refurbished. Let me tell you, if you haven't been on this since they changed them, you have got to ride. They really made the hitchhiking ghosts cool. Wish they could do a ride photo, or now it should be a video.

We continued on to the big boy rides.

Wait, that isn't a big boy, it was a little girl. She had those hands up for most of the ride. I told her Dad he had a great little coaster buddy there. He told she loved EE also! Sure wish Jacob enjoyed coasters like that.

This pic cracks me up because later in the day Jonas made a comment that I never take his pic, I told him I took his pic on BTMRR. He didn't believe me, well, here is the proof

I think we are safe, looks like the Dinosaur is going for the guy in front of us

Next up is my favorite ride at WDW.

Before getting in line, we determined that the full water spray when the logs drop wasn't occuring, so we wouldn't get that wet. I was trying to decide what to do with the camera. Since we probably wouldn't get that wet, I left it out of my bag to take some pics. Now, when we walked into the line, they had it set up to walk in the little open area a bit and then walk into the building. I stopped for a photo and when I went to catch up with Jonas. These high school girls were going under the rope instead of walking around and tried to squeeze me out. I just politely went "excuse me" and hoped in line with Jonas. Boy that makes me :furious:. But I quickly forgot them.

Jonas snapped a quick pic afterward.

I think I was more wet from sweating than the ride itself.

I went to get the ride photo number and our picture never came up, but saw one that said something about the photo being deleted. Went to the photo booth and the CM went through many pics and couldn't find us. He asked if the other people with us did something wrong in the pic, I of course had no idea, but our pic sure wasn't there. When I told Jonas he said that was odd since we had two families with us.:confused3

Oh well, we will just have to try again.;)

We had an ADR to get to, but Jonas can not leave MK without one last ride. Any guesses?

My ride photos are horrible so I will not subject you to them. It wasn't a long wait and we had fun watching the family ahead of us. Their kids were in costume, Wendy, Peter, and ... Oh I forgot who the other was. They were so cute.

We stopped for another photopass pic, that I will add later, and I had to get a pic of the birds.

On the way into MK, we saw this, so now that we weren't in a rush, I was able to get Jonas to stop so I could get a pic of it

Anyone have a clue what these cost? I love this one and it will go nicely next to my Boyd one that is a lot like it.

Next up, will we make our ADR and a very quick meet with a special someone!

Page 4?! Somehow I totally missed that you had a TR going...thanks for sending the link!

Must catch up...but love the intro and photos! I cannot believe how much Jacob has changed since I saw him in 2010....guess that happens with kids! ;) He looks great...and amazing how he put that Stars Wars thingy together! (shows how much I know about SW.:confused3)

Off to read! So happy you have a TR!:goodvibes

I really love your pictures from Downtown Disney and the resort at night. Beautiful!

So, it sounds like Jonas was blown away by the stuff at the Lego store. Sounds like Jacob is not the only Lego Lover.

Congrats on scoring a reservation for a yummy meal. I haven't eaten there. We haven't been able to convince Ben that there are restaurants other than TRex at DTD.

Time to check out your next update.

Page 4?! Somehow I totally missed that you had a TR going...thanks for sending the link!

Must catch up...but love the intro and photos! I cannot believe how much Jacob has changed since I saw him in 2010....guess that happens with kids! ;) He looks great...and amazing how he put that Stars Wars thingy together! (shows how much I know about SW.:confused3)

Off to read! So happy you have a TR!:goodvibes

Thanks for following along. Jacob has changed a lot in the last year, but you know how quickly it happens.

And don't worry, I would just call it a Star Wars ship, if I didn't have him reminding me the name of it if I call it something else. :rolleyes:

I really love your pictures from Downtown Disney and the resort at night. Beautiful!

So, it sounds like Jonas was blown away by the stuff at the Lego store. Sounds like Jacob is not the only Lego Lover.

Congrats on scoring a reservation for a yummy meal. I haven't eaten there. We haven't been able to convince Ben that there are restaurants other than TRex at DTD.

Time to check out your next update.

I think Jonas decided he wanted a sitdown meal that night since we didn't have Jacob with us and could eat anywhere we wanted.

Jonas likes Lego's too, but he doesn't really play with them. Him and Jacob did hit the neighborhood garage sales one day and came home with a 40 gallon tub of nothing but Lego's and Bionicles (or Hero Factory as they call them now). It was well worth the $20, but I wasn't happy since it is always Jonas complaining that Jacob is getting too old for toys.:sad2:

I really want to know if Jonas and Jacob ever fight over the lego's. lol

I found the info you wanted on that statue and where to get it. The cost is $70 and you can get it here http://www.disneystore.com/figurine...ey-mouse-figurine/mp/1254509/1000276+1000809/

It is adorable.

Hey have you ever seen this: http://www.disneystore.com/figurine...gurine-by-arribas/mp/1314239/1000276+1000809/

It reminds me of Jonas.

Nope, no fighting over the Legos, except for the fact Jacob leaves them all over the house. And I know you know that wonderful feeling of stepping on one.

Thanks for finding that figure. Just got some belated birthday money so maybe I will get that. Once you see what all a certain child-at-heart spent on this trip, I think I am owed something on the next one.

But I am not willing to spend $225.:eek: Very cute, but :eek:!

Love your update. What a great wingspan you caught!

Thanks!

The Photopass CD arrived today. Tomorrow morning I have to help fit over 100 students for band uniforms, then drive to pick up Jacob's new RX which is an hour away, then he has therapy. So I won't be home until almost 8pm tomorrow night. And I have to work Wednesday, so I thought I would at least catch up with all the photopass pics to this point.

You may be wondering where the title "Would you stop that!" came from. Every single time we stopped for a Photopass pic, Jonas thought it would be cute to squeeze my butt. So you will get to see my reaction.

I had totally forgotten that we got the pic in front of the castle.

And yes, he grabbed my rearend on Main Street!:eek:

Then we headed over to the rose garden because Jonas hadn't had his picture taken there:

See that big grin on his face.

And with Merida

Thankfully Merida was between us and he behaved himself. Of course, she could probably take him.:rotfl:

And yet again in another spot

Ok, that catches us up on the Photopass. I only have over 1500 pics from this trip.

All caught up.

Nice updates and pics. Looks like a fun time so far.

I hate rude people who try to cut the line.

Wolfgang Pucks looks nice might have to try it.

I love the room

All caught up.

Nice updates and pics. Looks like a fun time so far.

I hate rude people who try to cut the line.

Wolfgang Pucks looks nice might have to try it.

I love the room

As many times as you have been to WDW, I'm surprised how many restaurants you haven't been at. But maybe that shows you are more for the parks than the food.:goodvibes

The room was very nice.

I ended the last update with us leaving the park. We had just missed one monorail, but was still surprised to see this

Made me feel like we were going the wrong way.

Another pic to prove I do take Jonas' picture

Even got one of the two of us

Jonas got one of me uploading that last one to FB

I love the monorail ride from MK to Epcot

I made it through bag check. Always cracks me up how you either get the sercurity guard that barely checks, or one that looks at every little thing.

On the way to Epcot, I was texting a friend that lives in FL that I met at the parks. Rebecca will forever be known as the crazy person that kidnapped me at WDW. A couple of years ago I drove over to meet another Dis'er and met Rebeeca. Rebecca basically introduced herself and then said "You can spend the night?" I didn't, but instead of staying just a few hours, I was there until MK closed at Midnight.

I was super excited to get to see her, but Jonas and I were dragging and we had an ADR for my favorite, Biergarten. Rebecca walked with us to Biergarten, she was meeting another friend. I got us both a Margarita at the stand in Mexico to thank her for taking the time to come see me. We had gotten there just in time for our ADR, so I had to say goodbye to Rebecca. :sad2:

Jonas checked us in and then took off with my camera to get a few pics

We only had about a 5 minute wait when the beeper went off. We were seated with another family. Since we had been there before we knew exactly what to do, so we had our plates before they even got up. I guess we were a little hungry. I don't think either one of us took pics of the food. Now, my favorite menu item at Biergarten was the potato soup. I had never eaten potato soup but thought I would try it there a few years ago. I loved it and look forward to it, but they no longer serve it. They also previously had a wine sampler that I loved, but have since switched their wine. :sad: But I do look forward to the tomato salad they have and the desserts. I get the Bavarian Cheesecake, the berry mix, and I think the Black Forest Cake. But they have this vanilla creme sauce for the berry's and I put that over the Cheesecake too. Oooh, that is so good.

Our waittress offered to take our pic

I really need to practice with lightroom some more.

Ticka Tocka Ticka Tocka Oye Oye Oye

Jonas had one more mission at Epcot, several years ago he purchased a Scotland pint glass in England. A few months ago I had washed it and had it in the drain pan on the counter. I was trying to flatten something out and had our ottoman on it and flipped it over when done. It shook the whole house and heard the glass crash off the counter. Jonas wasn't happy about it and still doesn't believe we didn't just knock it off.

Of course I took a few pics as we walked around the world

Do you see the reflection off of Imagination!?

That picture does not show how blinding it really was. The funny thing was, we have been in that spot of Epcot so many times, but never had that reflection occur like that.

Jonas headed into the Tea Shoppe, but the glass wasn't there. I recommended we try the other shop. He was standing next to a display and I could tell he was getting a little upset that his glass wasn't to be found. I started laughing because I saw the glass right next to him, he just didn't look down.:rotfl2:

Little booger bought two of the things in case I break another.

Sorry I didn't get a better pic, I was taking pics of all of our goodies before putting them away.

We headed out of the park because we were both wanting a nap. About that time Rebecca texts that she is in France. We must have walked right past her. :sad: I felt so bad for not checking with her once we were finished eating, but so glad I got to see her, if only for a moment.

Next up, we're adults, its ok to have dessert for dinner.:rolleyes1

Really 1500 photos?? That's impressive! Don't know how you stayed so dry on Splash Mt. Both times we rode this trip my DS and I sat in the front and DH sat behind us and we were soaked!!:eek: Even a CM in the gift shop commented on how wet we were. It's so worth it though....I love that ride.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter