9/23/07: Life Stinks! The 2nd Season! -The Final Episode. :(

Just in case noone's ever mentioned it:

The Passporter is great! I got the deluxe edition, and, being the planner I am, am thrilled to announce that they give more ways to plan. I can start all over again! Plus the book is much more informative than I thought it would be. Goes into a lot of detail which is always good for me. Read the whole book in 2 days.

Took me 4 days to get my Passporter. My passport is at 12+ weeks and I am still waiting...

How can a person not spend all of their spare time (and a little they can’t spare) planning this stuff? It just amazes me. I mean, IT’S A VACATION! We have a tight ship to run here! Do they think relaxing just happens? IT MUST BE PLANNED!

I read this to DH & he thought it was something that I wrote! I'm the planner in the family & have become completely obsessed with planning our cruise for this summer. It's definitely taken on a whole new level because I get to read about what other people are planning. I'm addicted. Keep on writing. I think I may enjoy reading about everyone's planning phase of the trip as much as the actual trip.

Did anyone listen to the old Eddie Murphy concert tapes back in the early 80’s? Do you remember the ice cream song? “I GOT SOME ICE CREAM…I GOT SOME ICE CREAM…”

Sing my version with me…

I GOT MY PASSPORT…I GOT MY PASSPORT…

I can start making Palo/spa/excursions reservations in 18 days. I’m nervous. Gotta get all the good times. I’ve got it completely planned out with initial times, backup times, etc…I just hope Disney’s reservation is working on the 25th at 3 AM or else I will spend all night clicking refresh…work will be fun the next day if that happens.

Would you like to know the words that just about break my heart?

“Uncle Mozart…when are you going to take me on Mickey’s boat?”

This comes from the mouth of my 3 year old nephew. My wife is encouraging him. She loves to play the Castaway Club cd all the time when he’s over. Especially the horn. He knows all the songs on there immediately. “What’s this one, bud?” “Serenity Bay While the Kids are Away.” “What song comes after that?” “The shores of Castaway Cay.” He knows the whole thing. It’s disgusting. Every time he sees me, I know what the first words out of his mouth will be: “when are you going to take me on Mickey’s boat?” It breaks my heart.

But…I have no children. And he’s too young to realize that the week his aunt and uncle can’t keep him is the week they go back onto Mickey’s boat. With Grandma and Grandpa. He could’ve gone but Mom and Dad didn’t want to. It’s their fault, not mine.

Oh yeah…we’re now officially booked on the 5 night Double Dip in Sept 2008. We’re trying to talk the SIL and BIL into bringing my niece and nephew on that cruise with us. Maybe the nephew will get off my back about Mickey’s boat if we're succesful this tie.

Next time on The Sopranos…

Oops…wrong board. But I can’t wait for that one either. Or The Tudors finale. I’m addicted to both. Someone please tell me though why The Tudors isn't showing up on my Showtime On Demand this week like they promised it would. I'm dying over here.

I feel like a runner at the starting line waiting to jump out of the blocks. It’s 7 days until we can start booking excursions, Palo’s etc…and I’m chomping at the bit. Over on our cruise meets thread, people are starting to talk about what excursions they’d like to do, etc….and I’m just waiting. How long until 3 AM Monday morning?

As for shopping, so far I have purchased specifically to be used on the cruise: 4 new pair of dress socks, 1 pack of athletic socks, a pack of sea bands, a pack of thank you cards for the wait staff, (See Life Stinks Volume 1 for the catastrophe that caused last time) a bottle of champagne, my wife’s already tucked away a large bottle of Amaretto DiSaronno, and 1 really expensive new dress shirt. All with the excuse that it’s stuff I need for the cruise. I use any excuse I can get.

I need some help, though. When we took my parent’s on the cruise for their 50th wedding anniverary, we split the cost of the cruise 50/50 with my brother. Now, since my wife’s parents are going, she wants to, at the very least, buy them a couples cabana massage. Tell me, should we buy them a massage, buy ourselves a massage, or splurge and figure out how to finance it later?

I'm subscribing - I'm on the 9/22/07 with you too! Oh the anticipation :yay: :yay:

Well, we can't talk about this on the Meets Thread, or on Joel's (Ocealuvr's) thread, so here goes:

How can we ruin Joel's wedding? Not really ruin it, but just make it a memorable event which they're guaranteed never to forget? Everything I can think of would probably get me banned from DCL for life... :confused:

By the way, just making sure you remember... September 22nd is the day you're flying down to PC. We don't get on the ship until the 23rd. (Or when I go to sleep and dream in about 30 minutes.) Don't worry, I'm counting down to travel day as well. That's when it seems like the vacation begins...

My dw, son and daughter are going to try and book the Sept. 08 5 nighter while on the Sept. 23 cruise. Gotta have the discounts. We booked the 09/23 on our 05/06 cruise and got a pretty good deal...I think...yes...sure....or at least that is what I keep telling myself.

We got a shipboard credit anyway and when Disney buys the beer it always tastes better. :cool1:

What ship will the 5 night cruise be?pirate:

My dw, son and daughter are going to try and book the Sept. 08 5 nighter while on the Sept. 23 cruise. Gotta have the discounts. We booked the 09/23 on our 05/06 cruise and got a pretty good deal...I think...yes...sure....or at least that is what I keep telling myself.

We got a shipboard credit anyway and when Disney buys the beer it always tastes better. :cool1:

What ship will the 5 night cruise be?pirate:

5 nighter is on the Magic. Here's a tip: book now, and when you get on board go up to the future cruise desk and find out if you'd be better off booking it then. If so, cancel the one you have booked, and use the deposit you've already paid to rebook the cheaper version.

I won't be able to do that, because we got the last Cat 7 for that cruise. Since that turns out to be the only way to get one, I guess we're better off.

My heart goes out to you when you were talking about your nephew. Its a shame his folks can't pick up on that and book with you guys. I sure understand why you're not going to do it for them! Keep up the work man, you got the passport, before you you know it you will be booking Palo, massages and excursions!

My heart goes out to you when you were talking about your nephew. Its a shame his folks can't pick up on that and book with you guys. I sure understand why you're not going to do it for them! Keep up the work man, you got the passport, before you you know it you will be booking Palo, massages and excursions!

Actually, we tried to talk his parents into letting us take him and our niece. We have offered to take them to both WDW and on the cruise, and even pay for it. His parents though have decided that they really want to be there when he sees Mickey for the first time, and have turned down both his grandparents and us on the idea of going to one or the other. They would go on the cruise in September, but feel like with the new mortgage they want to get used to a different "discretionary income." Right now, they're looking at WDW next spring, with the possibility of joining us on the DD next September. Whenever they go, we're going with them. They just don't know it yet.

It’s good to feel that things are starting to move a little more, although I know it’s going to come back to a grinding halt again very soon. It’s less than 48 hours until we can make spa/excursions/Palo’s reservations. After that I’ll have to pace myself, fill out the paperwork here and there, just to keep things interesting. In order to prepare for this, we had another cruise planning session with the in-laws. Once again it was over a 3 hour breakfast on a Saturday morning. (The quiche was really good. And, yes, real guys do eat quiche…cuz it’s good. Real guys eat any food that’s good, whether they’re hungry or not.)

I was very surprised with the in-laws progress. They had actually taken the time to go online and read about all the different excursions and spa treatments that were available. Our on-board plans are actually starting to get finalized with them. Looks like no excursions for either one of us, but spa treatments out the wazoo.

On Monday, we’ll know just how good my 3 AM internet clicking is. See you then.

I'll be curious to see if you can get the Palo time you want. I should have my MIL make ressies for us 'cuz she's Cat 2, but I think I'll try my luck on July 10. Good luck tomorrow with you ressies!!

I DVR'd (is that a term now?) the cruise tips shows on travel channel on Wednesday, I LOVE watching the segments about Disney, I didn't delete them yet 'cuz I'll them for when I need a small fix!

Nancy

We only have 8 more hours to go until we are able to book those reservations. Can you make the Rasul Spa treatment online or do you have to do it onboard the ship?
Palo RULES!!! We will be making our Palo's Reservations for Tuesday night so that it doesn't interfere with Pirate Nightpirate:. On our last cruise we had the whole family in complete Pirate Garb. My DW and I even rented Pirate Costumes for the cruise. I felt like a complete IDIOT. I guess I didn't have enough rum:drinking1 . I think I was the only male over 14 who was dressed as a Pirate. This year we will be a children only Pirate Group.
Does anyone have any info on the Glass Bottom Boats either in Nassau or Castaway Cay? We are looking for some things to do with the whole family. My son is 3 yo and my Daughter will be 7. This is her birthday cruise:bday:
The ages of our children are kinda limiting. It seems that most excursions are for older children. We are looking for recommendations?
Will we be having a meet on board the Wonder?party: :drinking1

This cruise can't come soon enough and we will book our next cruise while onboard!!!!

Subscribing - you're doing a great job, Mozart. But it sounds like you have a wonderful life - why does it stink?

PS If you really like that H2O stuff, I've got some you can have. PM your addy and I'll send it out to you. We tried it once and went back to the stuff we brought with us.

Ummm....it let me in at midnight. By 12:15 I was done. :banana:

All did not go perfectly, though. Gotta figure out if I'm just doing something wrong, or if the websites screwed up. Palo ressies could be a problem. It won't let us book a table for 4, only 2. The remainder of our party cannot book for another 15 days....

I'll be curious to see if you can get the Palo time you want. I should have my MIL make ressies for us 'cuz she's Cat 2, but I think I'll try my luck on July 10. Good luck tomorrow with you ressies!!

I got the time, but not the party. See my next post. It's confusing, to say the least.

Does anyone have any info on the Glass Bottom Boats either in Nassau or Castaway Cay?

My parent's and brother went on the CC one last cruise. They said it wasn't that great. Passporter rating on both of those is down towards the bottom of the list, too.

But it sounds like you have a wonderful life - why does it stink?

It's actually from my first trip report. See this post, and it will make sense:

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=17378743&postcount=24

GOT EM!!!!!
Rasul Wednesday

Based on what I've heard about that one, all I can say is:

You dirty, dirty man you...

Okay, I’m officially frustrated. All the booking went well except for my Palo’s reservations. Palo’s will not let us book for all 4, only 2 people. DCL first told me that it was because all tables for 4 had already been booked for both the brunch and dinner. When I pressed that issue, it was changed to “Well, you can’t book them yet because they’re not CC members.” Finally, I called the CC line, and it changed to “It’s because the other two in your party haven’t paid.” I don’t know what’s going on, but it’s frustrating. I guess I’m going to try and talk the FIL into going ahead and paying, and we’ll see if that corrects the problem.

For the record, the following is what we were going for, and what we got. Most of these are due to the fact that you just can’t get the item scheduled during the time we wanted.

Event Wanted Got
Manicure for DW 2:00 Mon 5:00 Mon
Manicure for me 2:00 Mon 9:00 Wed
Couples massage 3:00 Mon 3:15 Mon
Bike Rentals 2 hours All Day?
Palo’s Dinner for 4 6:30 Tuesday Dinner for 2 at 6:30 Tuesday
Brunch for 4 10:00 Wed Brunch for 2 at 10:00 Wed
Pedicure for DW 12:30 Wed 2:00 Wed

Next step is to get the in-laws to pay and see if that straightens out our Palo’s problem. If you’ll excuse me, I have a phone call to make…

WHAT A PAIN!

So...FIL went and paid for his cruise. I go in to make Palo's ressies, right?

It lets me get to the point where I confirm my table for 4, and then it errors out every time saying that we cannot book for that size party. CC phone line says it has something to do with the fact that there are 2 people in our room, and we cannot make ressies for a party of 4 unless there are 4 people in the room. I still say something is screwed up.

At least now, we can make 2 reservations for 2 people each. Worst case scenario...we'll all be at Palos, just not at the same table. Better than nothing, I guess. I'll just wait until we get on board and see if they can straighten it out when we get to Wavebands on the first day.

By the way, changed our brunchtime to 11:30. Figured we'd be hungry by 3:00 if I didn't. Because there's not enough free food on the ship...

WHAT A PAIN!

So...FIL went and paid for his cruise. I go in to make Palo's ressies, right?

It lets me get to the point where I confirm my table for 4, and then it errors out every time saying that we cannot book for that size party. CC phone line says it has something to do with the fact that there are 2 people in our room, and we cannot make ressies for a party of 4 unless there are 4 people in the room. I still say something is screwed up.

At least now, we can make 2 reservations for 2 people each. Worst case scenario...we'll all be at Palos, just not at the same table. Better than nothing, I guess. I'll just wait until we get on board and see if they can straighten it out when we get to Wavebands on the first day.

By the way, changed our brunchtime to 11:30. Figured we'd be hungry by 3:00 if I didn't. Because there's not enough free food on the ship...

Mozart, why did it take me this long to find your pre-TR???

Wonderful, so far! Sorry we'll be missing you in 2007 and 2008 by mere weeks. But this way, we won't have competing TR's right? ;)

As you well know, I am a compulsive pre-planner. I had everything all set last year for the cruise we took with our friends, and the same thing happened for our Palo ressies. We ended up each booking a table for 2, and then going to Wavebands as soon as we got on board where they changed it to a table for four in a matter of about 10 minutes.

So far for my budget cruise, I have bought:

• a Passporter - LOVE it
  • a bag for port days, mostly bought for the parks
  • a new pair of sandals, exchanged from a gifted pair of crocs

So far for my budget cruise, I have resisted buying: new everything.

There's always next year, right? :upsidedow

Isn't the Passporter great, by the way? There are so many great tips in there. I think we're going to try out their "walking tour" of Nassau. I might even have to pop over to the straw market again for one of those genuine purses......

Keep it coming! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter