9/11 Anniversary - Borders affected?

disneyfreak89

DIS Veteran
We're crossing over the Windsor/Detroit bridge to the states on Sunday.

Has anyone heard if there will be extra security that day because of the anniversary of 9/11?

I woul d expect long lines, and extra security. They will have dogs out, and they may do some primary screening well before you get up to the actual crossing.

I once crossed on a a July 4th weekend in Port Huron, and experienced the extra security. I was asked to see my documents while still on the bridge. Then a few minutes later, another guard tapped on my window and told me that his dog wanted out of the heat, and into the back of my van. :rotfl:

I opened the door, the dog hopped in, hopped out, and he siad thank you and kept going.

Thanks for the responses and links. That's funny about the sniffing dogs. We saw them out a month or so ago midweek, so I'm sure there will be more out this weekend.

I haven't 'heard' of any extra security at the borders, but it stands to reason there will be 'more' than the usual, so we'll plan on delays and go from there I guess.

Thanks for the responses and links. That's funny about the sniffing dogs. We saw them out a month or so ago midweek, so I'm sure there will be more out this weekend.

I haven't 'heard' of any extra security at the borders, but it stands to reason there will be 'more' than the usual, so we'll plan on delays and go from there I guess.

We are regular crossers at Niagara and Port Huron borders. 9 times out of 10 when we cross at Port Huron/Sarnia there are sniffing dogs. And the lineups are usually a minimum of 15-30 mins (if not more). Niagara is uaually quicker and we've only seen dogs maybe 3 times total. As for extra security for today, probably but we've crossed on days like when the US started bombing Iraq and the wait time and procedures were normal... So I guess it's just a crap shoot....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter