8 Nights at BC-CL, Graduation Trip-Lots of Pics-Update 3/10-THE END

You did it again...snuck in more updates. :rotfl2::rotfl2:

Love the Tigers -- so beautiful.

You got great shots of the apes.

Doreen, great updates. LOVE the theme by Expedition Everest, but not the ride. IF and that is a BIG IF I am going to do it, it has to be first thing in the morning.

The boys pictures cracked me up on EE. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

EE is great!! The only drop is the one you see. Although you do go backwards very quickly.;)

Your EE redneck photos reminded me of another "bump" I got during our trip. I'll have to add that into my TR in my next update! It involved my head on EE! :headache:

Bummer about the shirt! I bought a new shirt from the same shop & wear it a lot. I love it because it doesn't scream Disney.

I'm soooo glad they found your sunglasses!! As a prescription sunglass wearer, I can totally understand your panic! When we went to Typhoon Lagoon, I wore my old pair because I was afraid of losing or breaking them. It was a little strange trying to adjust to the old prescription and then back to the new one at the end of the day!

O my gosh I went into instant panic when I realized I did not have them.

Yeah I am not too happy about my missing shirt. I wore it during the trip & remember washing it while we did laundry. :confused3

Oh my you hit your head??? Wow you did bang yourself up!

I was posting a reply from the previous updates and you snuck in another one on me (I wonder if you'll do the same again :rolleyes1).

Great safari pictures...you got some really good shots. Love the giraffe and elephant ones especially.

I meant to say earlier that I was sorry you couldn't find the shirt (and it's so cute too).

Yeah I figured I would get a good update in today. Very gloomy outside.

I cannot imagine where that shirt is.
We haven't seen Flights of Wonder in quite

a while. Maybe this summer? Brooklynn would enjoy seeing it again, and I'm sure Bella was a tiny baby when we saw it last.

Lady Lion was sure enjoying a good sprawl out, wasn't she? :laughing:

That ice cream looks good! :goodvibes

We enjoy Flights of Wonder. We do not see it every trip but often. It was the boys idea (Ryan I think).:)

Yes lady lion was very sleepy. I do not know how I got those pics because I could not even see her from where I was. I just pointed & zoomed. Gotta love that 35 times zoom.

Yep, you did it again. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Great family pictures!

We've never done Flights of Wonder (not a big bird fan), but it looks like it is a great show.

We enjoy the show. Of course it helps if you like birds.:)

I have to ask... What led to the upgrade? :)

I think we had an angel on our side. Lucky I guess (which does not happen very often).

HI Doreen,
Thanks for the update....what a lousy weekend weather wise...at times it POURED yesterday...non-stop
fingers crossed for great weather this coming weekend..

Too bad you can't find the T-shirt :confused3
Its a really pretty shirt...have you checked your luggage? One trip I left some clothes in a front pocket and only find out when I went to pack for another trip...

I love the Tigers! you got some really good pics. The gift shops looked like they had some really cool things...I would have had a hard time picking out something to buy.

Love the ride pics! Your boys made some funny pcitures! I can never find the spot on the rides where they take the pictures...I have seen some really funny pics here on the DIS. I keep saying that next time I will figure out the spot and do something funny.

We are hoping & praying for nice weather this coming Friday & Sat.

I believe my DH checked all the luggage but I will check again. I just cannot figure out where it could have gone.

I love shopping at AK. They have so many great things. Lots to choose from!
The boys always try to be silly for the cameras.

This looks like a new line of stuff. I don't remember seeing it before, that is. I will have to check out all the goods. :thumbsup2

And on that palm tree thing - I am right with you! :)

You will be checking out the goods very very soon!!:thumbsup2

Just love those palm trees.:love:

You did it again...snuck in more updates. :rotfl2::rotfl2:

Love the Tigers -- so beautiful.

You got great shots of the apes.

Yeah I get crazy with the picture taking when we get to the tigers.

I am on a roll today with the updating. I am still on our first full day.

On a roll today! :thumbsup2

:rotfl: Yeah I have someone I am trying to catch up to.:rolleyes1

Joining in on your fabulous trip report.

Welcome HockeyMom!!! Thanks for reading along.

Wow, mega update!!! Love all your pictures for AK. I love that park but for some reason, we always go there the end of the vacation when we are starting to wear down. We never stay there very long. :confused3

I :love: the bird show. Granted, I don't like birds but I love that show.

Great pictures of Devine. We have only seen her once.

Can't wait to read more.

Wow, didnt you sneek in some major updates! Your tiger pictures are amazing, my cat has just been having a quick look at the screen but didnt seem too impressed :rotfl:

The weather is rubbish here in the UK for the long Jubilee weekend so our pool hasnt been back out. On the MIL front, it was high blood pressure that made her pass out. Its been a bad week again with her as she suffered a collapsed lung after the surgery. I'm trynig to stay positive and focussed on our trip *** DD(7) can feel the vibes. :sad2:

Wow, mega update!!! Love all your pictures for AK. I love that park but for some reason, we always go there the end of the vacation when we are starting to wear down. We never stay there very long. :confused3

I :love: the bird show. Granted, I don't like birds but I love that show.

Great pictures of Devine. We have only seen her once.

Can't wait to read more.

The boys really only like EE but deal with the rest at AK. I love seeing all the animals.

We usually see Devine each trip. I think we just happen to always go to EE first & then the safari & she seems to be there in that time.

Wow, didnt you sneek in some major updates! Your tiger pictures are amazing, my cat has just been having a quick look at the screen but didnt seem too impressed :rotfl:

The weather is rubbish here in the UK for the long Jubilee weekend so our pool hasnt been back out. On the MIL front, it was high blood pressure that made her pass out. Its been a bad week again with her as she suffered a collapsed lung after the surgery. I'm trynig to stay positive and focussed on our trip *** DD(7) can feel the vibes. :sad2:

:laughing: My cat does not pay too much attention to the tv but if other cats are in our yard watch out. She tries to go through the windows to get them.

Too bad about the weather. It is STILL raining here & will most of the week. But they just said on the news it should be cleared up by Friday!!:banana:

I hope your MIL will be feeling better soon!!

Are you getting married in Disney??

Lets get a little update in before I have to go to the doctors & to work. We arrived at AKL a little early for our 4:30 ADR so we walked around the gift shop.

IMG_0604.jpg

IMG_0605.jpg

IMG_0606.jpg

IMG_0609.jpg

IMG_0610.jpg

IMG_0611.jpg

IMG_0615.jpg

IMG_0616.jpg

IMG_0617.jpg

Beautiful AKL

IMG_0618.jpg

IMG_0619.jpg

IMG_0620.jpg

The skies opened up while we were there

IMG_0621.jpg

IMG_0608.jpg

IMG_0622.jpg

Jeff & I sat around here for a bit

IMG_0624.jpg

Then we headed to Boma

IMG_0625.jpg

IMG_0626.jpg

Some CM's making some music

IMG_0633.jpg

My first plate:rolleyes1

IMG_0634.jpg

2nd plate

IMG_0635.jpg

And of course the wonderful Zebra Domes (and a few other goodies)

IMG_0636.jpg

All of us just love it there & it never disappoints. I also had some soup (Butternut Squash) that was wonderful!!

Well got to get ready for work.

How did we get back to BC???

Boma looks so great. I can't wait to try it in July :) Question though...it looks like the just have big long tables. Do they seat you "family style" with other people at the same table? That might be a deal breaker for me...don't particularly like having strangers watch me eat. That's why I don't care to try O'Hana....don't want to be put with other people.

Boma looks so great. I can't wait to try it in July :) Question though...it looks like the just have big long tables. Do they seat you "family style" with other people at the same table? That might be a deal breaker for me...don't particularly like having strangers watch me eat. That's why I don't care to try O'Hana....don't want to be put with other people.

You'll have your own table. No problem. :thumbsup2 You can sort of see in the back section of that picture some of the single tables.
We've never been seated with other parties - other than who we were already with - at 'Ohana, either. I hate for you to miss out on such good meals because of misinformation. At Teppan Edo and Biergarten, you would run into the 'strangers' situation, though, if you are not familiar with them.

I love this dress!

Wouldn't it be nice to have an AKL room for a good, hard Disney nap while it was doing all that raining?

Boma is a wonderful experience. The desserts bar is one of the best around, I think. The roast was so good, so next time we go back, I have to be sure it's roast night. ::yes:: I think they have it 2-3 nights a week.

You'll have your own table. No problem. :thumbsup2 You can sort of see in the back section of that picture some of the single tables.
We've never been seated with other parties - other than who we were already with - at 'Ohana, either. I hate for you to miss out on such good meals because of misinformation. At Teppan Edo and Biergarten, you would run into the 'strangers' situation, though, if you are not familiar with them.

Oh good! Thanks....definitely keeping the reservation. Very excited to try some of the yummy offerings there. Unfortunately, we won't be able to take full advantage of the dessert bar because we also have the Wishes Dessert party booked that night. But we have 4 hours in between them...so maybe a Zebra Dome or two ;) Thanks for the info.

I love this dress!

Me too....Me too! Is it a women's dress or a girls? I want one!

Yes as MeMom said you have your own table. I am not big on sitting with strangers either. This time we were sitting way in the back near the windows. Granted some of the tables are close together but still your own. Oh do keep the ADR. It is so good. One of my favorites if not THE favorite. And yes you do need to have at least one Zebra Dome. SOOO good!!

Oh & we have eaten at O'hana before & also had our own table.

I love this dress!

Wouldn't it be nice to have an AKL room for a good, hard Disney nap while it was doing all that raining?

Boma is a wonderful experience. The desserts bar is one of the best around, I think. The roast was so good, so next time we go back, I have to be sure it's roast night. ::yes:: I think they have it 2-3 nights a week.

Yeah did you see Cody sitting there on the couch? I think he could have used a nap about then.:)

Oh I think Boma is my favorite of all. ALL four of us just absolutely LOVE it there. To think I did not care to eat there on our first few trips because I thought I would not like the food. Boy was I wrong.!!! I am glad I read some reviews & tried it. It is a must do on trips now.::yes:: I think we get our $$$ worth with the boys eating plenty!! And I have been known to eat my fair share.:rolleyes1

Isn't that dress adorable. I just thought it was so cute.

Wonderful AK update! Love the EE photos, the giraffes, and eating ice cream for lunch!

Congratulations to Cody for his awards! That's awesome!

The boys thought I should buy this shirt but I didn't.

IMG_0592.jpg

I love this shirt I need to get it on my next visit to AK.

You did a fantastic job taking fun pictures. They make me miss Disney even more. The tigers are fun to watch.

Great news about Cody. I know you must be proud.

Wonderful AK update! Love the EE photos, the giraffes, and eating ice cream for lunch!

Congratulations to Cody for his awards! That's awesome!

Thanks Jackie. I seem to take double the pics at AK than I do at any other park. All those amazing animals.

Thanks. We are hoping for no rain tomorrow but we have been having rain & heavy downpours for over a week now. They are saying mostly sun but chance of thunder showers in the afternoon. If it is nice they have the graduation outside. If not we are all herded into the community center.

I love this shirt I need to get it on my next visit to AK.

You did a fantastic job taking fun pictures. They make me miss Disney even more. The tigers are fun to watch.

Great news about Cody. I know you must be proud.

Yeah that T shirt was cute. I am only 5 feet so they thought it was very appropriate for me. It was our first full day & I did not want to buy too much too early so I did not buy it.

Oh I could just stand there & watch them for hours. Of course my boys would not like that very much.;)

Yeah that T shirt was cute. I am only 5 feet so they thought it was very appropriate for me. It was our first full day & I did not want to buy too much too early so I did not buy it.
;)

I am 5'2, but my sister is shorter, maybe I should get her one also. AK is planned toward the end of our trip.

Well I have the day off today as it is graduation day for Cody!! The weather is iffy as they are saying possible thunder showers in the afternoon & evening.:sad2: I am keeping fingers (& toes) crossed that we have it outside. I should be cleaning right now as I will have about 25 people walking through my hallway & kitchen getting food tomorrow.:scared1: I am having my coffee so I thought I would get a little caught up on the Dis.

Cody & I had a go around last night when we could not agree on what he should wear under his graduation gown. Of course he does not want to wear a shirt & tie. I think it would look nice. I have a feeling he is going to wear what he wants.

Also his Iphone which he got for Christmas (not even 6 months ago) is not charging correctly & he went to AT&T yesterday & they said the warranty did NOT cover it. I am so MAD!!! Another $200.00 & not even 6 months.:sad2:

Anyway I am looking forward to my sister & brother in law coming in from Mass. today & seeing everyone tomorrow.

I hope you all have a great weekend & I will probably post some pics of graduation on Sunday.:)

Hope you had a wonderful time at graduation.

AT&T made us mad, too, when Chelsea's phone stopped working. She actually did some research and actually found out that HTC (who made her phone) covered the cost of repair. You may want to contact Apple directly and see if the same is true with the iphone.

Have a fun weekend with your family!

Hope you had a wonderful time at graduation.

AT&T made us mad, too, when Chelsea's phone stopped working. She actually did some research and actually found out that HTC (who made her phone) covered the cost of repair. You may want to contact Apple directly and see if the same is true with the iphone.

Have a fun weekend with your family!

Thanks Jackie. I will check it out. I think we are going to try another store in the town next to us. My friend suggested it as it is a bigger store & more of a "head quarters" than the little kiosk at our local mall.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter