8 adults, 2 kids, 2 days at RP- should I rebook?

MickyLynn

Mouseketeer
We already booked 2/19-2/21 at Royal Pacific. Looking at tickets, I'm wondering if I should have the lead on those reservations cancel, buy a season pass, and rebook. Am I correct in thinking there's a 10% discount on tickets at that tier, and hotel discounts? I feel like UO is way more complex than WDW in planning but easier to actually spend time in. This is crazy.

Here's my math, fwiw:
Universal Season/Annual pass $304-$560 (10% discount on tickets), depending on what tier you get.
Adult 2 day P-P $285
Child 2 day P-P $275
((285x.9)x7)+((275x.9)x2)+560= $2851
((285x.9)x7)+((275x.9)x2)+304=$2595
(285x8) +(275x2)=$2830 (full cost)

We already booked 2/19-2/21 at Royal Pacific. Looking at tickets, I'm wondering if I should have the lead on those reservations cancel, buy a season pass, and rebook. Am I correct in thinking there's a 10% discount on tickets at that tier, and hotel discounts? I feel like UO is way more complex than WDW in planning but easier to actually spend time in. This is crazy.

Here's my math, fwiw:
Universal Season/Annual pass $304-$560 (10% discount on tickets), depending on what tier you get.
Adult 2 day P-P $285
Child 2 day P-P $275
((285x.9)x7)+((275x.9)x2)+560= $2851
((285x.9)x7)+((275x.9)x2)+304=$2595
(285x8) +(275x2)=$2830 (full cost)

The seasonal pass (cheapest) will get you 10% off tickets at the gate for only up to 6 people I believe. I don’t know for sure but I believe I read that gate prices are more expensive than online prices.

The best price I found for tickets was undercover tourist. I bought the buy 2 days, get 3 days free tickets from them and upgraded those to seasonal passes when we arrived. I also subscribe to mousesavers and every month there is a code to save an additional dollar amount off at undercover tourist ($4 or so per ticket). Altogether undercover tourist saved me about $150 for four of us off of Universal’s online price for season passes.

You can find a good price on regular tickets online and upgrade once you’re down there. You can book the AP rate before you have your actual AP. There is a thread on the boards that has a link with the APH rate already put in. If the APH rate is available for your dates and is better than what you have just book it and cancel your other reservation. There is not an automatic APH rate, it has to be available for your dates. Hope this helps!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter