8/2 to 8/11 BCV Trip

Hopfather28

Mouseketeer
Just got back and have been able to decompress for a few days. I was very anxious before we left due to COVID and Florida being what it is but I was pleasantly surprised by the number of people voluntarily masking in crowded outdoor situations.

BCV was unfortunately a bit of a let down. My room had peeling paint, a shower door that sounded like a prison gate when it was being closed, the smallest balcony I could ever imagine in a 1BDRM and the bathroom situation is insanity with the doors upon doors upon doors. The Drawing room had a leak in the ceiling that they had a garbage can collecting the drips. There was a 9 ball rack no 8 ball rack and 1 cue with no chalk. That's a small thing but my son was a bit disappointed we couldn't really play pool. The DVC concierge seemed to be there at a whim and not a regular schedule.

Being my first stay at BCV I was unaware how truly bad the dining choices are. Thankfully we had hoppers and were able to jump into EPCOT for quick meals because the marketplace was a massive letdown. Overall, I'd spend less points on my home resort of PVB and feel more comfortable with more to do and eat.

The pool was great and we loved our cabana rental. Cast members throughout the entire trip (at BCV, other resorts, restaurants and parks) were utterly amazing. Overall the trip was great but BCV gets a hard pass from me in the future. I honestly felt like I was in a mid priced AirBnB in Myrtle Beach and not in a Disney deluxe resort.

Last edited:
You are right about Dining. That is. NOT the reason to stay at the BWV. You either use your kitchen or go to Epcot.
I knew going in it wasn't great but the fact that uncrustables was the best children's option says something. Ale & Compass was great for breakfast but that's Yacht Club. Beaches and Cream was great service with mediocre food that was overpriced even for Disney. Hannas chicken fingers on cabana day was the best quick service we had at the resort.

BCV is my home resort and I love it for location and nostalgic reasons. But I 100% agree the rooms and common areas are in need of some serious love. The marketplace is definitely lacking in terms of quick-service offerings but thankfully there's enough in the area that we've been able to overlook that.

Cabana rental is on my wish list - glad to hear you enjoyed. Also encouraged to hear that people are masking!

The parks during the trip were hit and miss for crowd levels. MK was down in my opinion but HS and AK were high levels. EPCOT was down until 2pm and then hoppers showed up or locals for F&W. Lines were a bit much since they're all outside in the heat.

Dining away from BCV was great. Topolino's was amazing and was 30 dollars more than Tusker House for our family so obviously that's a pricing problem for Tusker now. Skipper Canteen was phenomenal and great service. The biggest surprise for me during our trip dining wise was probably Ale & Compass breakfast or Trattoria Al Forno breakfast.

Last edited:
BCV is my home resort and I love it for location and nostalgic reasons. But I 100% agree the rooms and common areas are in need of some serious love. The marketplace is definitely lacking in terms of quick-service offerings but thankfully there's enough in the area that we've been able to overlook that.

Cabana rental is on my wish list - glad to hear you enjoyed. Also encouraged to hear that people are masking!
The cabana was a splurge for sure but we did it when there were lines just to get in to the pool and I was not about that. Server at cabana was awesome. The attendant was great and it was perfect to have shade to return to. Plus the two refrigerators made it nice to bring our own beverages and enjoy.

Just got back and have been able to decompress for a few days. I was very anxious before we left due to COVID and Florida being what it is but I was pleasantly surprised by the number of people voluntarily masking in crowded outdoor situations.

BCV was unfortunately a bit of a let down. My room had peeling paint, a shower door that sounded like a prison gate when it was being closed, the smallest balcony I could ever imagine in a 1BDRM and the bathroom situation is insanity with the doors upon doors upon doors. The Drawing room had a leak in the ceiling that they had a garbage can collecting the drips. There was a 9 ball rack no 8 ball rack and 1 cue with no chalk. That's a small thing but my son was a bit disappointed we couldn't really play pool. The DVC concierge seemed to be there at a whim and not a regular schedule.

Being my first stay at BCV I was unaware how truly bad the dining choices are. Thankfully we had hoppers and were able to jump into EPCOT for quick meals because the marketplace was a massive letdown. Overall, I'd spend less points on my home resort of PVB and feel more comfortable with more to do and eat.

The pool was great and we loved our cabana rental. Cast members throughout the entire trip (at BCV, other resorts, restaurants and parks) were utterly amazing. Overall the trip was great but BCV gets a hard pass from me in the future. I honestly felt like I was in a mid priced AirBnB in Myrtle Beach and not in a Disney deluxe resort.
I totally agree so disappointed it the restaurant selections in the BCV BWV. They are opening all the resorts but not all the restaurants.

There was a 9 ball rack no 8 ball rack and 1 cue with no chalk. That's a small thing but my son was a bit disappointed we couldn't really play pool.

So they finally have the pool table open in the BCV? I keep seeing it covered up and pushed in the corner on people's videos!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter