8/17/08 Captain Jack's Repossession Repo Cruise to PC thru TPC Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Groundhog Day grew out of a mainly German superstition
that if a hibernating animal casts a shadow February 2
-- the Christian holiday of Candlemas --
winter will last another six weeks.
If no shadow is seen, legend says spring will be early.

Wow I had no idea. Isn't Candlemas the feast of St. Blaze when you get your throat blessed and they hold two candles on either side of it, sort of in an X shape?

Wow Lorri are you an uber catholic Pal or what? (You Go Girl) How the heck did you know that :lmao: :lmao: I thought Candlemas was some kinda cross between candles and Christmas. And here I am married to a former (or reformed) Altar Boy who happens to have been born on Groundhog's Day...........eerie

I am all caught up!!!!!

Um, DW had a story from when we were dating. She worked as aN IT training person who used to go all over the country. One ST. Patty's day (evening) she was sleeping in her hotel room (where she had been on a project for several months) and a drunk person tried to get in her room. She called security, and the person convinced them that it was their room. Security didn't bother to check and unlocked the door (it had the chain on) She was a little upset, and explained to the security person that it was her room, and had been her room for several weeks. (I was the one who got really upset; imagine her coming back to her room after a party and finding a sleeping drunk in her bed...)

At any rate,

I think Mark is in charge of raiding Signals at 4:00 in the morning when we run out of Booze, Lisa has beautiful children, and the world is a beautiful place...

PS, Hi geffric, Baby is doing much better, and really only had the 1 problem. I will post about dad in the other place (then read the next 30 pages on this thread while I catch up over there...)

:figment:

Sure........send in the guy with the Disney Record !!!!! Just as long as I dont have to blow anything up............should be ok !!!!

Mark

I'm still trying to catch up here- about 20 pages behind!

But I wanted to interject in the current conversations and add a picture here.

This is of my youngest two- it's a collage type picture thing that my sister made for me because this year they allowed us to purchase up to half a page in the yearbook to add whatever we wanted. I wanted to add stuff because it seems that every year- all THREE of my kids (even in different schools and throughout the years) never seem to be in any of the pictures except for the class ones.... oh and the ones like if they are in that group (like band, athletics and stuff). what I mean is the "extra" pictures thrown in here and there and such- there's always tons of those pictures but never MY kids in them, yanno? I don't know what it is- maybe my kids are running around avoiding photographers (for the yearbook) the entire year? :confused3

So anyway, it was only $10 for half a page and since my youngest two are in the same school so this year I can get away without having to buy THREE yearbooks (only one for these two kiddos)- I figured why not add a half page too. The $10 is still way less than the extra yearbook I'm getting out of buying this year!

Here it is for your viewing pleasure. See if you can figure out which one is a picture taken on the cruise?
(it should be pretty easy... but we'll see)
yb3.jpg

I'm going to see if maybe she has time to make me a "collage" type thing like this- with pictures from our last cruise. And if so, I'll add it to my sig line like others have been doing lately. I wish I could figure out how she does these things so I could do them myself!

What a beautiful family! :love: My guess for the cruise picture is the one right above the word love! DDs Disney dress gives it away!:rolleyes1

This is of my youngest two- it's a collage type picture thing that my sister made for me because this year they allowed us to purchase up to half a page in the yearbook to add whatever we wanted. I wanted to add stuff because it seems that every year- all THREE of my kids (even in different schools and throughout the years) never seem to be in any of the pictures except for the class ones.... oh and the ones like if they are in that group (like band, athletics and stuff). what I mean is the "extra" pictures thrown in here and there and such- there's always tons of those pictures but never MY kids in them, yanno? I don't know what it is- maybe my kids are running around avoiding photographers (for the yearbook) the entire year? :confused3

So anyway, it was only $10 for half a page and since my youngest two are in the same school so this year I can get away without having to buy THREE yearbooks (only one for these two kiddos)- I figured why not add a half page too. The $10 is still way less than the extra yearbook I'm getting out of buying this year!

Here it is for your viewing pleasure. See if you can figure out which one is a picture taken on the cruise?
yb3.jpg

I'm going to see if maybe she has time to make me a "collage" type thing like this- with pictures from our last cruise. And if so, I'll add it to my sig line like others have been doing lately. I wish I could figure out how she does these things so I could do them myself!
Bip, that is a great idea for the yearbooks.

PJ & I were tearing up during the kid's graduation last cruise. We were both bawling by the end of Dreams. Just a warning for y'all.

We always cry at the end of Dreams. Then we turn our Disney Visa over to the onboard booking lady....just like the way Disney's marketing plan says it should work.

Bip, that is a great idea for the yearbooks.

Yes, BIP, that was very nice. Great looking kids. I need to save that and do something like that from the last cruise photos. It is a great idea.

yb3.jpg

They're cute! Great pic's!

OK, one last note before bed. I was watchin House last Tuesday, and I learned that Guilt was caused by a B12 deficiency (or was it B6). At any rate, the Wenches don't give us pirates food containing this vitamine when they, say, want some jewelry, or something expensive... Hence the term DIET starts with the word DIE, and is a 4 letter word.

OK, I must get some sleep, Good Night all. Sleep Tight and don't let the Groundhogs bite...

:figment:

No....it didn't work for me here. :lmao:

LOL
Well it worked for me!

What a beautiful family! :love: My guess for the cruise picture is the one right above the word love! DDs Disney dress gives it away!:rolleyes1
LOL
You mean the thing on her wrist and the pirate things on their heads didn't give it away?
(to explain Rita's look on her face- she was in a silly mood that night and I was so glad too- it was the FIRST TIME she hasn't freaked at all the noise from the fireworks just a few seconds after that picture was taken. She has "issues' with noise so she's hated fireworks, until on the cruise! -and Ruby wasn't with us. She didn't want to leave the lab activities to come to the pirate party! Worked out for me though- I ended up with lots of pictures of just the two youngest ones, to choose one for this yearbook collage. LOL)

You could have knocked over DW this week when she learned that Ash Wednesday is not a Holy Day of Obligation! :laughing: We looked it up and sure 'nuff, it isn't...then she called a schoolmate. Her friend didn't know either! Both of them exclaimed: "All these years they told us it was!" :cutie:

Nope. Days that the church gives out something for free aren't Holy Days of Obligation. (I learned that in Catholic school.)

Nope. Days that the church gives out something for free aren't Holy Days of Obligation. (I learned that in Catholic school.)
Eight years of Catholic school and my mom still teaches there AND I have never heard that rule either . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter