8/17/08 Captain Jack's Repossession Repo Cruise to PC thru TPC #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting to the port question. We will be staying at my brother's house in Newport Coast - but he will be away. Since we are using his car, I can't drive it to the port on the 17th. Anyone familiar with the area and can give me travel suggestions would be very much appreciated. There will be four of us.

Sorry- hope she gets well (and you some sleep) soon.

BTW- your picture looks just like I pictured you. :)

That's too funny? Really??

:sick: Yeah it makes me sad and helpless that I can't just make her better :(

I will be taking the DCL transfers from either the Marriott or LAX. :confused3 I will be surprised next Saturday depending on what DCL tells the Marriott what to do with us.:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Hope DD feels better.:hug: Rather have her get sick now then next week.:thumbsup2 I remember thoses days well.:sad2: :sad2:

I thought you weren't going to mention that? :duck: :tiptoe:

Thanks! If she's worse in the morning, I'm supposed to call the pediatrician back...

Monica, if you ever come up to Victoria for a visit. I'll take you to Chinatown for Chinese.

I know what you mean about food being different by regions. We find pizza very different in the US than what we get here in Canada.

Ah...Victoria...definitely a place I'd like to get back to....been over 20 years since I've been there

:cool1: :cool1:

Got my laptop back today. Good news, not only did they fix the wireless connection problem, but they replaced the screen. I no longer have to plug it in to an external monitor. Now I get to take it on TOAL. Might even consider a blog.

Hi Gang,
Wow -I've been out all day - and its taken me sooo long to ketchup.

I took my dogs to the kennel today - for a "daycare" session - so they can become familar w/the place they will be for 2 1/2 weeks. I was stressed about it - my fur-babies - well - they loved it. This boarding kennel is amazing - it's called "It's a Dog's Life" - they do not keep the dogs in cages w/runs but my dogs will be in a small house w/a run during the night - but during the day they get to be in like a dog park. I am so relieved - I had stressed so much about this!!

M made a great comment - somewhat a reality check - some of our pirates are dealing w/serious issues - so worrying about what to pack/clothes/formals/etc. isn't all that important. What is important is our TOAL - having a fantistic time w/family and friends - DIS friends especially!!

Catch up w/ y'all later

MMsplash_logo.gif

See...

I AM the INNOCENT one around here....

Okay I forgot!!

Innocent_Black-1.jpg

and AGAIN....
Mike's have proven they are the ones to keep an eye on...

And so do Tom's and Roger's........oh wait isn't your real name Tom!!!:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

That's too funny? Really??

:sick: Yeah it makes me sad and helpless that I can't just make her better :(

I thought you weren't going to mention that? :duck: :tiptoe:

Thanks! If she's worse in the morning, I'm supposed to call the pediatrician back...

Too late for anyone to change plans now!!;) I hope her fever goes down by morning!!:hug:

Getting to the port question. We will be staying at my brother's house in Newport Coast - but he will be away. Since we are using his car, I can't drive it to the port on the 17th. Anyone familiar with the area and can give me travel suggestions would be very much appreciated. There will be four of us.

You might want to try Super Shuttle or Prime Time Shuttle. They are the most popular options to reach airports or ports.

Hello, Hope all is well with you all. Alot going on today was at DS high school most of my day to register him. It was extremely busy there and I couldn't believe that and change his schedule around, then find his classes. The cost is outrageous for high school and I keep asking how much does it cost and they tell me that they will bill me. I keep asking because we want to set aside before we go on the cruise. Its hard lately cause the school isn't very communicative at all. So, it's alittle frustrating. Tomorrow is take my car to the shop day yah.. Not..but have too. I just hope that I get done before DD gets out of School.
Today we had a major thunder and rain storm and it was sure amazing to see. All is going well for us just been busy with getting the finish touches on the post cards which are done. I think they look great. I know during the day the boards have been busy today and I finally caught up with you all.

I hope that everyone is doing well. I know there has been some health issues with some of our disney friends and hope you all ok. :grouphug:

Trying to get the yard up to par which is going well but still have the brown spots because before we moved here no one was taking care of the yard so we are trying to get it up to speed. :flower3:

Again thank you for the "Navigator" we think it's awesome. GREAT JOB!

Well, I will stop babbling and I hope that you all have a great night. Still excited and jumping up and down, lol

Your friend,
:yay:

Hi Gang,
Wow -I've been out all day - and its taken me sooo long to ketchup.

I took my dogs to the kennel today - for a "daycare" session - so they can become familar w/the place they will be for 2 1/2 weeks. I was stressed about it - my fur-babies - well - they loved it. This boarding kennel is amazing - it's called "It's a Dog's Life" - they do not keep the dogs in cages w/runs but my dogs will be in a small house w/a run during the night - but during the day they get to be in like a dog park. I am so relieved - I had stressed so much about this!!

M made a great comment - somewhat a reality check - some of our pirates are dealing w/serious issues - so worrying about what to pack/clothes/formals/etc. isn't all that important. What is important is our TOAL - having a fantistic time w/family and friends - DIS friends especially!!

Catch up w/ y'all later
I understand I am nervous about putting my cat in daycare which she has never been. So, I hope that she will be fine. Plus they will email me and let know that she is ok when we are able to check it on the ship.

I am glad that your dogs like it you do as well. I know where we are taking our cat they also have "cat and dog spas" lol. I think that is so funny. For the dogs they even have icecream served to them - oh and you can also talk to your dog on the phone. Cat's you can't. We are taking her to pets hotel (pets mart). Its very nice.

So, please take care and talk soon,

:lovestruc
I'm not a hugger, but I'll send Diane your way!

Good call on shot gunning the kool aid BTW - no accessories required - more room in the luggage.

Poor M! She's still traumatized by my screaming her name & grabbing her in a bear hug when I first met her at WDW. :rotfl:

I promise not to run up & hug anyone until AFTER they've drunk the kool aid! ;)

ohyeaman.GIF

I bought a Spray n Wash stick... I wasn't sure how the Tide would work on colors... ??

I have always worried about using them for that same reason... I thought they say bleach on them, so I panick.

I understand I am nervous about putting my cat in daycare which she has never been. So, I hope that she will be fine. Plus they will email me and let know that she is ok when we are able to check it on the ship.

I am glad that your dogs like it you do as well. I know where we are taking our cat they also have "cat and dog spas" lol. I think that is so funny. For the dogs they even have icecream served to them - oh and you can also talk to your dog on the phone. Cat's you can't. We are taking her to pets hotel (pets mart). Its very nice.

So, please take care and talk soon,

Don't you think part of our concern about our pets is that they can't tell us that it's okay or not!! KWIM? However - when I picked up the dogs today (I have 2 German Shepherds) they were running around having a great time and didn't seem to want to leave. THAT made me feel that this was the right place!
Cats are more "regal" - in fact I think the idea of "spa" suits cats!! Our (late) kitties ruled - the dogs always aknowledged their supremacy in our home!!! We miss them - DH & I have talked about getting another cat (or cats) - but not until we get back.
I'm feeling less stressed w/the dog care resolved. Now I only need to finish home/business stuff - oh - and pack - oh - and pick up a few more odds & ends ------THEN - I'm ready to go!!

8/15 - we'll be on the plane to LA and to DD's. Then - the TOAL Begins!!

Thank you!!!

You know, I would get some of the Jergens Tan lotion stuff. I think if you used that for a few days it would make the tan lines less noticeable but it is not that bad now.

OK, bought some of the Jergens stuff today and have applied the first application! Will report back on progress in a couple days!

Oh I'm stressing on this packing thing. I'm working on it but I can't make up my mind what to do!
I can't decide if I should cram as much as possible in our carryons to try to make sure we don't lose anything in case our luggage gets lost- but I can't fit it ALL in carryons so then I'd have to have checked luggage too and that would be a pain to have both carryons and checked luggage when it's just me and 3 kids (most of which aren't much help with luggage so that might be more trouble than it's worth)
or
If I should just cram it all in checked luggage, not worry about having to mess with more luggage/carryons with the kids- and just cross my fingers that none of our luggage gets lost? I just get so worried about that happening because it would be a nightmare to arrive and be missing luggage, ESPECIALLY if it was luggage that had MY clothing in it or other necessary items (because it's not easy to find clothes that fit me well..... that's another nightmare for me- trying to find clothes that fit :lmao: )

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh calgon take me away! I really just cannot decide which to do.
What are the odds really of luggage being lost? I guess maybe I shouldn't even worry about it because after hearing about some luggage being lost by DCL (and the other people who got it by mistake keeping it in their rooms until the last night- which totally STINKS btw.....) we'd stand a chance for our carryons to get lost by DCL anyway! I mean what if we go thru all the trouble of tons of carryons (one each I mean) and dealing with that- only to have DCL lose one or something?
I just want all my stuff to make it there. LOL

:lovestruc
I'm not a hugger, but I'll send Diane your way!

Good call on shot gunning the kool aid BTW - no accessories required - more room in the luggage.

I like to leave the hugging to the professionals...
Thanks for the heads up. I'll be sure to watch out for Diane.

:thumbsup2

I have a few you can use.

United Way?
Chamber of Commerce?
Marine Corps Morale Welfare and Recreation?
Sea Do?
The Metropolitan Museum of Art?
Credit Union?
Non-profit Consulting Firm?
Indie Music Store?
Cooking Light Magazine?
Giving Coalition?
Courtyard by Marriot?

You could do what a few of my undergrad students did and just plug some info into an online Business Plan Wizard! :sad2:

ETA: Wow! I just realized that this is the first job I've had in a long time that I don't have to write the business plan!
(I didn't work at all these places, there are a few grad school projects thrown in there as well)

Business Plan Wizard, ya say ?
Maybe they won't notice :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Kid's Journal Update:

Maybe tomorrow, most likely Thursday.

Everyone gave me great info, I'm just sucking it all up.
Won't be nearly as cool as the Navigator.

Revised pirate phrase:

TAKE WHAT YOU GET!

And Like It !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter