8/17/08 Captain Jack's Repossession Repo Cruise to PC thru TPC #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on, folks.

First we heard about engine trouble on the Magic. Then we heard about a small fire on the Wonder. Now we hear about an earthquake in LA? Who amongst us is the responsible party?

innocent.gif

Wait... do you mean there are houses in California that aren't on a fault line? I want one!!!!

ROFL!!! Here's a question for you guys in CA...just curious if you have to get special insurance for your homes if they are on a noted fault line...kind of like flood insurance...or is it just insured through your home owner policies?

oh...another reason i've been off the thread....been really sick with morning sickness....
yep...my screen name will change next february to wheelerkidz4!!! we are almost 10 weeks along, so i havent been feeling the best!! hopefully i'll be back to par by the time we sail!
here is a pic of our little peanut
scan-1.jpg

CONGRATULATIONS!!

We will be on number 1 & 2 with you! And I have a just turned 7dd! Number 2 - Aruba-- it will just be 7dd & I!! We would love to *hang* with you!:)

That will be really cool if we can hang out. We are meeting a few that are going during the same time. It's awesome, not much longer...

The girls will just have a great time. So, will we too...:cool1:

Take care, :dance3:

ROFL!!! Here's a question for you guys in CA...just curious if you have to get special insurance for your homes if they are on a noted fault line...kind of like flood insurance...or is it just insured through your home owner policies?

Earthquake insurance is exactly like flood insurance. Doesn't matter if you are on or near a fault line it is never part of home owner's policy. It is a state funded insurance program however so it is relatively inexpensive.

You can get Earthquake Ins...thru your regular ins carrier or a special one however, there is usually a waiting period right after a good size earthquake.

hi everyone! i haven't been around in awhile...sick with a major ear infection! hope everyone is doing well...i really can't believe the countdown is nearing the end!!! in a week and a half we will be in cali!! i've been having trouble finding postcards for the kids exchange...anyone have any ideas for me? we have no souvie places around our area...and i hate to wait til we get to cali to get some. where did everyone else find them? nothing like waiting til the last min!!!
I have found things here at our Hallmark stores.

oh...another reason i've been off the thread....been really sick with morning sickness....
yep...my screen name will change next february to wheelerkidz4!!! we are almost 10 weeks along, so i havent been feeling the best!! hopefully i'll be back to par by the time we sail!
scan-1.jpg

OMG,how exciting!! I'm so very happy for you!!! :yay:

Just a fly-by posting......

Glad all our CA DISers are OK :grouphug:

scan-1.jpg

Congratulations, Shannon. A true blessing :lovestruc . You be sure to take it easy now.

Well we (I use the Royal "We" as in I just watched while DH's did it) got the "free" ($25.99 x 2) postcards ordered from Vista Print.
That "free" part was certainly a farce. 2 Uploaded images + shipping = 25.99 per girl. Now at least each one has their own postcard to hand out at the kids postcard exchange. Has it been decided where the kids are going to meet to exchange?

I took today off to get last minute shopping done for the cruise and just ended up taking oldest DD and her BFF shopping and to lunch. Oh well! There is 2 more weeks left. :sad2:

Well we (I use the Royal "We" as in I just watched while DH's did it) got the "free" ($25.99 x 2) postcards ordered from Vista Print.
That "free" part was certainly a farce. 2 Uploaded images + shipping = 25.99 per girl. Now at least each one has their own postcard to hand out at the kids postcard exchange. Has it been decided where the kids are going to meet to exchange?

I took today off to get last minute shopping done for the cruise and just ended up taking oldest DD and her BFF shopping and to lunch. Oh well! There is 2 more weeks left. :sad2:

I know its the 18th and I think its 9 or 9:30 AM

scan-1.jpg

OMG Shannon!!! Congratulations! :goodvibes Wait until I tell the kids tomorrow that their email pals are going to have a baby. :)

PALO QUESTION

On our last cruise I was able to make one PALO dinner reservation per room even though we had the same adults in each reservation. When I noticed that dinners had opened up on line I tried to make a reservation for the second room and was not allowed to. Can anyone give me some insight on this?:confused3 :confused3 :confused3

They are now allowing only one resie per adult online. That is why when I got the private room confirmed everyone on my list had their previous resie canceled.

scan-1.jpg

Shannon:

first, congratulations!!!!!:cheer2:

postcards: do you have a Wegmans near you? Ours has postcards near the customer service desk, though I couldn't tell you how much they cost. The Hallmark idea is also a good one, especially Hallmarks with a larger gift section!:)

Most of us are uninsured. Why? Because earthquake insurance is crazy expensive (an earthquake policy can cost as much or more than your regular policy), and even if you get it, the coverage is minimal (and has a huge deductable).

The policies aren't even offered by insurance companies - they just act as agents for a state run risk pool.

oh...another reason I've been off the thread....been really sick with morning sickness....
yep...my screen name will change next February to wheelerkidz4!!! we are almost 10 weeks along, so i haven't been feeling the best!! hopefully I'll be back to par by the time we sail!
scan-1.jpg

Congrats Shannon!!!

Most of us are uninsured. Why? Because earthquake insurance is crazy expensive (an earthquake policy can cost as much or more than your regular policy), and even if you get it, the coverage is minimal (and has a huge deductible).

The policies aren't even offered by insurance companies - they just act as agents for a state run risk pool.

We don't have it either. Most of the information that I have read indicates that if the quake is really big and causes a lot of damage FEMA will be here with government help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter