8/11 - 17, CR/WL - The End

redbirdgrad

Mouseketeer
See earlier posts for beginning of trip.

Thursday - Up early, load luggage etc... into the Van and off to Blizzard Beach for 9:00 - kids insisted on Blizzard Beach again - do Teamboat Springs etc.....great fun and then head out around 1:30 - to go check into the Wilderness Lodge - as we get to the WL it starts raining - nice timing again - I check in and have gotten upgraded from standard to Courtyard view looking at the pool and just up the elevator from Roaring Forks. WL is a very nice place. Cons) it was noisier than the CR with kids running in the hallways and the pool, the rooms are smaller, the bathroom was smaller and the hairdryer outside the bathroom, transportation obviously wasn't as easy as the CR tower. Pros) Much newer than the CR, different atmosphere, Roaring forks nicer than food center ( but Arcade better at CR ), I think my wife and I could enjoy it more just by ourselves. We go swimming and then head over to Winter Summerland for 36 holes of mini-golf around 7:00. It was empty and the kids loved it - then Beaches and Cream for some eats - great place for food and ice cream.

Friday - MK in the morning was surprisingly not crowded - then back for afternoon break - back to MK for nighttime, a great way to finish off the trip. Saturday/Sunday - drive back to Chicago.

Other thoughts - Another great trip, kids and wife love the CR. E-night worked good for us, water mice were great, Blizzard Beach is now preferred, didn't miss early entry but that is because this trip we focused alot on MK. ( It's for the kids ), Look forward to the time me and the wife can do WDW by ourselves. Mini-golf was a nice change of pace, checking out Beach and Yacht club was good also. Hope this report helps someone - if anybody has any questions I glad to answer - I've received great advice on these boards over the last couple of years.

You all sound like you had a great time...Hubby and I love to do Disney by ourselves....but it is also fun to take the rest of the family.....glad that you had a great time.....thanks for your report

DH and I love to go by ourselves but also enjoy taking the family. Thy are very different vacations. I enjoyed reading about your trip. Thanks for posting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!