7DMT With Three Under Six

EriDri

Earning My Ears
So we've been trying our hardest to get fast passes for 7DMT and our youngest just passed 38 inches and is now able to ride.

I know the general rule is that kids have to be 7 in order to ride alone but I've also heard that a child under 7 can ride alone as long as they are in the same car coupling as you (meaning on 7D there are four seats on each car 2x2).

Does anyone know if they would allow our five year old to ride in front of me by in the same car? I know they don't allow tree across. I'm hoping we could put my husband with our 4 year old, me with our 2 year old (39 inches), and then my five year old in front.

It actually says that under 7 can be next to you OR in front of you in the same car. I suppose that way you are still supervising. Some CMs may misinterpret this, but that is what Disney policy says. I have read differently here and elsewhere, but I had the same question in my family and looked up official Disney policy.

Last weekend, there was a mom and 2 little girls. The little girls wanted to ride together and the cm said no and put one little girl next to me and the mom and other behind us.

They fill the cars and will place the child with another adult. They do not run the ride with empty seats.

Thanks for all of the replies! We are totally fine with my five year old riding next to someone else but we would love to all be able to ride at the same time so as to cut down on wait time for our youngest.

We do rider swap all the time for other rides.

7DMT
I know they don't allow tree (3) across.

It's not even that they won't allow 3 across, the cars actually won't accommodate it.
Two individual seats, each with a tight-fitting one-rider restraint.

7DMT-Seats1.jpg 7DMT-Seats2.jpg 7DMT-Seats3.jpeg

Last edited:

Here is what I observed and you may want to consider.

Family with your situation, although I don't know the exact ages. 2 adults, 2 very young, one girl my guess 6 - 8 yrs old.
They put the adults in the cars with the little ones, separate cars. In one of the cars with one parent and one young child, they loaded the girl in front of the parent and then put a stranger, a man, next to her. She FREAKED OUT. She did not want to sit next to a stranger. On that ride it is individual seating, but snug for adults. The man unboarded, but they didn't let the train go with the seat empty. So the girl unboarded and a parent tried to get off, leaving a young one in the car alone. They said no. In the end, the 2 parents and 2 young ones rode, the stranger man re-boarded with a new person and the girl stood off to the side and cried.

So...bottom line -- make sure your lone child is willing to ride with a random stranger.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter