$75 bonus for opening an eTrade checking account

got2lovedisney

DIS Veteran
My boss turned me on to this one. It's from e*Trade Financial and seems easy enough.

You get a $75 bonus for opening the account (min $1000 dep)
Also, you can get a $25 bonus if you make 2 online payments from that account. PLUS...you can get another $75 for setting up a direct deposit of at least $1000/month.

That's a potential for $175 easy money!! Current offer expires 1/31/05.

PS If anyone's done this, please let me know how easy it was to close the account (or did you keep it open?)

I went in to look at this, but all of the small print says that this expires by 10/31/04... maybe you had to open the account by than and then do all of the requirements by 01/31/05 ??.......P

I just opened my eTrade account and I received my initial $75. That's just for opening the account!!!!!! Next I'm going to set-up the direct deposit of my paycheck so I can get an additional $75. And since my money will already be in there it'll be easy to do my 2 bill pays to get another $25!

I love free money!!

got2lovedisney said:
My boss turned me on to this one. It's from e*Trade Financial and seems easy enough.

You get a $75 bonus for opening the account (min $1000 dep)

The website says $100, not $1000??

I think when I originally saw the offer it said $1000 but when the offer was extended maybe the wording was changed. I sent $1000 just to be sure but I'm sure you could call and verify beforehand.

Hmmmm, I tried to open the account - it does say $100 minimum deposit in the fine print, but when you go through the actual application, it asks for a deposit of $1000 during the funding part.... anyone get anything different????

I just called and spoke to a live person. After the first three months your monthly fee goes up to $10 or $20, depending on which account you choose. Your minimum balance also rises to $2000 after the initial three months.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter