7 nights on Fantasy and 14 nights at Yacht club 2017

Discussion in 'UK Trip Reports Board' started by meldobe, Apr 8, 2018.

1. meldobe

meldobe Mouseketeer

Thank you so much for reading along, glad you are enjoying it. Oh i would love to try all the ships one day :cloud9: We don't have a cruise planned for our next trip and i really think we are going to miss spending time at sea, such a wonderful way to see different places.

We were definitely spoilt at the Yacht club, it was a shame we had the dining plan as we really did not make much use of all the lovely food available, we are going to miss that place - next year its back to CBR as im hopeful most of the construction and room refurbs will be done.

2. princesspat209

princesspat209 princess

what great trip report. Enjoyed all your pictures as well as the ship sailed on it a few years back & brought back many fond memories. Sounds like your trip was perfect. Thanks for sharing

meldobe likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. meldobe

meldobe Mouseketeer

Thank you for reading along :goodvibes

5. meldobe

meldobe Mouseketeer

Day 14 - 28th September - 94 degrees

Had an epic nose bleed when i woke up so we stayed in the room and slowly got ready once it stopped.

We had an 11.40 reservation at Beaches and Cream - this place is so popular and i had to keep checking from 180 days out to get a table, its small inside so limits the amount of availability.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

We were served by Belle and seated in the middle of the restaurant

Scott got chicken and bacon sandwich
    [​IMG]

I got the same but no bacon
    [​IMG]

Ma had the Turkey club sandwich
    [​IMG]

The food was delicious but so filling, it did not leave much room for dessert which was a shame as i was really looking forward to a mini mickey sink.

We couldn't come to an ice cream parlour without having an ice cream though so we got a two scoop sundae each which were lovely.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Bill total $78.68 and we used 3 table service credits.

We would definitely come back here on another trip and its easily walkable from Epcot so would be a nice place to book for an afternoon cool down break from the park.

Suitably stuffed we waddled our way to Epcot in the heat slowly melting - it was a hot one today!
    [​IMG]

Our first fast pass today was for Frozen so we headed to Norway having a look in the shops along the way,

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

We got to Norway and Frozen was temporarily closed :eek: we had a look in the shops in Norway

[​IMG]
    but it was still closed when we came out, off to China for a drink and of course a look in the shop - you will soon realise if you haven't already that we really like looking in the shops :rotfl2:
    [​IMG]

It was time for our second fast pass which was Pixar short films, didn't need a fast pass for this but we always book 3 per day in advance, it was good to see all the films together and we really enjoyed it.

We headed back to the room to cool off and get ready for tonight.

6. meldobe

meldobe Mouseketeer

Day 14 continued

After a cool down, showers for all and a snooze for scott we headed back to Epcot

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Our third fast pass of the day was Spaceship earth again no need for the fast pass.
    [​IMG]

Dinner tonight was Tokyo dining at 8pm, we were so lucky and got a perfect window seat which would give us a great fireworks view.

Scott got Nigiri
    [​IMG]

I got Deluxe Udon
    [​IMG]

And Ma got Vegetable Udon
    [​IMG]

We all enjoyed our meals and for desert we had two Mango mousse cakes and a Ginger mousse cake
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Then it was fireworks time
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Total bill $139.63 we used 3 table credits, it was a lovely meal, a great view and we then had a nice walk through Epcot back to our room.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 5, 2018
  7. meldobe

meldobe Mouseketeer

Day 15 - 29th September

Today was an Magic Kingdom day :) We got ready, hopped on a bus and we were soon there
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

We walked through the shops and made our way to our 11.55 lunch reservation at Skippers canteen!! i was really looking forward to this one, it was newly opened and the theming looked fun.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ma had the steak
    [​IMG]

I had the "Tastes like chicken because it is" it was nice but spicy.
    [​IMG]

Scott had the noodle bowl which oddly i don't have a photo of :confused3 but he enjoyed it.

Desert was a Kungaloosh
    [​IMG]

Coconut bar with Pineapple basil compote and vanilla ice cream
    [​IMG]

Berthas bahn bong lan cake with mango - lime sorbet
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Total $127.80 - used table credits. We all enjoyed this place, not sure we would go back again but thats down to menu choices not the decor or atmosphere.

Time for our Peter pan fast pass, rode the people mover
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Next it was time for a cold drink from Cosmic rays
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

We wanted to go on the railroad so headed that way
    [​IMG]
    but the rain started so into Dumbos tent to stay dry.

8. meldobe

meldobe Mouseketeer

Day 15 continued.

After 15 minutes or so the rain was still coming down so we bought $10 poncho's and headed out
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Off to space mountain for our next fast pass but walking past Buzz it was empty so we couldn't not go on it , all three of us squished in one car :rotfl2:
    [​IMG]

So off to space mountain, my first time riding this for around 10 years - it was quite bumpy and not great for your neck so not one i will be repeating but the other two ride it every visit, time to head back to the resort in the drizzle to get ready for tonight :cool1:

So tonight we are off to the Hoop de doo revue :jumping1: we have never been before and are really looking forward to it .

We took a cab from the front of the Yacht club to Wilderness lodge $14.80 plus tip

We had a look around the resort of course checking out the shop :thumbsup2
    [​IMG]

Took the bus to the campground and joined the queue at the check -in window in the drizzle but scott spotted another cast member and asked if we needed to queue and they said no need to check in, just wait for the barrel to be brought out at 8.20- 8.30, so we went into the bar to grab a drink, we chatted to some friendly campers too.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Out to the barrel for 8.20 then into Pioneer hall where we were led to table 39 to the right of the stage, it was a good spot :goodvibes

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Food was lovely, simple but sooo tasty, show was great i did not get many photos mainly because my hands were full of food popcorn:: unlimited beer, soft drinks, chicken, corn, ribs, mash, beans, cornbread, its a show we would go back to, so all in all the day was great. $201.00 we used two table credits each. We took a bus to Magic kingdom and a bus from there back to the Yacht club.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2018
  9. meldobe

meldobe Mouseketeer

Day 16 - 30th September

A lazy day today, its a Saturday so we rarely go to the parks as its far too busy for us lightweights! We put some washing on, it was our first time using the new machines that only accept cards.

[​IMG]

Me and Ma went shopping in Disney springs whilst Scott watched a Chelsea match and collected the washing when it was done.

We got lunch in Wolfgang pucks, we love this place and if you are on the dining plan its a great use of a counter service credit.
    [​IMG]

I had Chicken ceaser salad
    [​IMG]

Ma had Mushroom pizza
    [​IMG]

We had a look in uniqlo and they were offering to write your name in Japanese, it was one per person so we got my niece and nephews names done for them
    [​IMG]

We also used some snack credits to buy Ghiardelli chocolate
    [​IMG]

Back to the Yacht club to get ready for tonight, we had The spirit of aloha booked for tonight and were hoping to go to Trader sam's too
    [​IMG]

We left just before 6pm, we walked through Epcot and took the monorail to the ticket and transportation centre then walked to the Polynesian , it was so busy in the poly and sadly Trader sam's had over an hours wait so no good for us as we would be at the show.

We checked in and then had a look in the shop, it was pouring down as we made our way to the show, luckily we had brought our ponchos with us, we got a table right at the front, great for the view not so great for rain splashes, we all enjoyed the show maybe a little cheesy, alot of people left early due to the rain.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Bill total $222.00 we used 2 table service credits each. Trader Sam's had a 1 1/2 hour so we headed for home, monorail to Magic kingdom and a bus to the Yacht club.

10. buteraa

buteraa Mouseketeer

Excellent trip report!