7-night Wonder dining rotations?

Dug720

See the line where the sky meets the sea?
I am pretty sure she's going 3- and 4-night itineraries right now, but didn't she do 7-nights out of Galveston? Anyone remember what the rotation order is? I've put a request to start with Animator's (after starting with that on the Magic and loving how magical a start it was, I changed my mind about Palo night 1 and a Triton's request for that night), but would like to try and get Palo for Triton's night since that menu is the worst for me.

It depends. I just looked at the personal navigators for a January 2017 Galveston Bahamas cruise--day 1 standard rotation, day 2 prince/princess, day 3 standard rotation, day 4 pirates, day 5 standard rotation, day 6 captain's gala, day 7 til we meet again. For a December 2016 Western Carribbean it was different: day 1 let the magic begin, day 2 standard rotation, day 3 standard rotation, day 4 standard rotation, day 5 pirates, day 6 captains gala, day 7 til we meet again. When we did the Alaskan itinerary in August 2016, the first 3 nights were standard rotation...so who knows!

It depends. I just looked at the personal navigators for a January 2017 Galveston Bahamas cruise--day 1 standard rotation, day 2 prince/princess, day 3 standard rotation, day 4 pirates, day 5 standard rotation, day 6 captain's gala, day 7 til we meet again. For a December 2016 Western Carribbean it was different: day 1 let the magic begin, day 2 standard rotation, day 3 standard rotation, day 4 standard rotation, day 5 pirates, day 6 captains gala, day 7 til we meet again. When we did the Alaskan itinerary in August 2016, the first 3 nights were standard rotation...so who knows!

Thanks. Ugh. Why would they mess up a good system like main rotational the first three nights and then get into the everyone has the same? That makes planning way too difficult. I was more meaning the order of dining rooms - like on the 2/22 Magic it was Animator's, Carioca's, Carioca's, Lumiere's.

We had Animator's the first night of our 7nt Fantasy this past Jan. I've never requested a certain rotation before, but now that you mentioned it, having Animator's the first night gave it all an extra special feeling. We sailed on the Wonder before her dry dock, so I'm eager to try out Tiana's. I've thought about trying to get a rotation that has Tiana's on it 3 times. Wonder if there's one that starts with Animator's and also has Tiana's 3 times? Cruise isn't until Mar 2018, I'm guessing Disney won't have rotations until after Alaska cruises are done? Or would they be the same except replace taste of Alaska with pirate night?

Other than Pirate, I'm not seeing it on the Navigators. Yet another reason to despise these el cheapo one page things.

Sigh. Now to decide what to do. Especially since my sailing is the first of its itinerary on the Wonder (per the DCL blog anyway), so I won't have any to go by. I'd figured they all did the rotational the first three nights and then went to the specialty ones, but apparently the Wonder likes to be different.

So now to decide... Do I change my request back to Triton's the first night and book Palo for that one and probably another later in the cruise? Or do I keep my request for Animator's the first night and just make a guess as to when Triton's rotational menu would be in the line-up??

If only that rotational menu wasn't so fish and duck (and non-gluten-free) heavy...

Sigh. Now to decide what to do. Especially since my sailing is the first of its itinerary on the Wonder (per the DCL blog anyway), so I won't have any to go by. I'd figured they all did the rotational the first three nights and then went to the specialty ones, but apparently the Wonder likes to be different.

So now to decide... Do I change my request back to Triton's the first night and book Palo for that one and probably another later in the cruise? Or do I keep my request for Animator's the first night and just make a guess as to when Triton's rotational menu would be in the line-up??

If only that rotational menu wasn't so fish and duck (and non-gluten-free) heavy...
You know, you can make your Palo reservation for whatever night you want. You can also request a rotation, if you want. If the Palo reservation and the rotation don't gel, you can go to Palo and change your reservation once onboard.

You know, you can make your Palo reservation for whatever night you want. You can also request a rotation, if you want. If the Palo reservation and the rotation don't gel, you can go to Palo and change your reservation once onboard.

I know... Just trying to save a step. LOL.

We did the 7nt over NYE on the Wonder... so this is probably not particularly helpful b/c it involved NYE, but our rotation was TP-Tr-Tr-AP-TP-Tr-AP. The first Triton's was NYE. I would have a really hard time figuring out which one to skip or even which to request first, to be honest. Tiana's is loud, which made it difficult talking to our wait staff for the first time. Our assistant server was very sweet but the language barrier was a bit rough when you couldn't hear each other - which she brought up later in the cruise. (And consequently my mom got iced tea with her meal every night even though she tried to order Asti the first time, LOL! After that, it was just there every night and she drank it b/c she felt sorry for the poor woman!) So I guess I might prefer not to have Tiana's for the first night, but I'm not even sure we'll bother to make a dining request. We're doing Alaska next summer (yes, DCL, we've done Alaska on Princess already, and my mom just wants the whole family to do DCL together while the kids are young), and I'd guess we'll just let DCL choose for us b/c we were happy with all of them!

We did the 7nt over NYE on the Wonder... so this is probably not particularly helpful b/c it involved NYE, but our rotation was TP-Tr-Tr-AP-TP-Tr-AP. The first Triton's was NYE. I would have a really hard time figuring out which one to skip or even which to request first, to be honest. Tiana's is loud, which made it difficult talking to our wait staff for the first time. Our assistant server was very sweet but the language barrier was a bit rough when you couldn't hear each other - which she brought up later in the cruise. (And consequently my mom got iced tea with her meal every night even though she tried to order Asti the first time, LOL! After that, it was just there every night and she drank it b/c she felt sorry for the poor woman!) So I guess I might prefer not to have Tiana's for the first night, but I'm not even sure we'll bother to make a dining request. We're doing Alaska next summer (yes, DCL, we've done Alaska on Princess already, and my mom just wants the whole family to do DCL together while the kids are young), and I'd guess we'll just let DCL choose for us b/c we were happy with all of them!

Yeah, while I like more things on the menu, Tiana's doesn't really appeal to me because I'm not into the "supper club" thing and don't like performances WHILE I'm eating (before or after, fine - but let me eat in peace). But Triton's is that duck-heavy menu (when you are gluten-free and don't eat fish anyway) - the only thing I honestly like on that menu is the creme brûlée. Maybe I'll keep AP as the first night request and then book Palo either night 2 or 3. Then I can always try for more times when on board. Or attempt Cabanas again.

Do they play music/have singing every time you're at Tiana's Place? I thought maybe they just did it when it was signature menu night. Don't think I want to eat there 3 times if it's going to be really loud each time.

Do they play music/have singing every time you're at Tiana's Place? I thought maybe they just did it when it was signature menu night. Don't think I want to eat there 3 times if it's going to be really loud each time.

That I don't know. I had assumed only signature night, but... UGH! if it's every time you're in there.

That I don't know. I had assumed only signature night, but... UGH! if it's every time you're in there.
It was both nights we were in there... not sure what happens if you're there a third night. It wasn't the exact same thing both nights, though. Tiana walked around greeting tables the first night, and I don't remember her doing that the second night. There was a little Mardis Gras-ish parade around the room the second night but not the first (at least I assume that was the idea, but there were no beads or anything, just jazzy music and a conga-type line). One night Louis was there, but not the other. You get the picture. The band members themselves were the only constant part. I was the only one to join in the parade thing from our table and that was only b/c I felt bad for our servers, who didn't have a lot of joiners! So you don't have to join in on that, and if you just wave at Tiana and Louis, I'm sure they'll quickly move past you. Certainly it was a far busier dinner than Triton's.

They didn't play constantly, but yeah, it's loud. And we were as far away from the stage as possible.

I'm not making this sound very fun to everyone, am I?? I don't mean to make it sound all negative, truly! It was a far more upbeat meal than eating in Triton's, which either appeals to people or doesn't. Plenty of people think Triton's is stuffy and love Tiana's. I guess I'm sort of in-between? Or it just depends on who I'm with? My parents had no interest in the festivities, and my kids aren't the type to join either, so it felt more forced for us than it might for other groups. I'm positive the experience will be completely different for us next year, with my 2 nieces who will be far more interested in Tiana and dancing than my own kids. I also think just DH and I would have enjoyed ourselves more in Tiana's without our kids and my parents there, haha! Overall, the atmosphere differences between the 3 restaurants makes for a nice mix, really.

Thanks. Ugh. Why would they mess up a good system like main rotational the first three nights and then get into the everyone has the same? That makes planning way too difficult. I was more meaning the order of dining rooms - like on the 2/22 Magic it was Animator's, Carioca's, Carioca's, Lumiere's.
Okay, ...changing Parrot Cay to Tiana's...ours would have been TP, Tr, Ap, TP, TR, Ap, TP

I was surprised too when I looked at the other cruises for you...I just thought they all did the 1231231 for 7 nt cruises...as that makes sense to me. I wonder if it's partly based on port times? Obviously 'pirate night' messes everything up if they hold it in the first 3 days.

Okay, ...changing Parrot Cay to Tiana's...ours would have been TP, Tr, Ap, TP, TR, Ap, TP

I was surprised too when I looked at the other cruises for you...I just thought they all did the 1231231 for 7 nt cruises...as that makes sense to me. I wonder if it's partly based on port times? Obviously 'pirate night' messes everything up if they hold it in the first 3 days.

Thanks!

I would wait until much closer to cruise date to request a dining rotation. As with all things DCL, things are subject to change.

I would wait until much closer to cruise date to request a dining rotation. As with all things DCL, things are subject to change.

I don't request a specific rotation, but "Animator's Palate the first night".

There are three MDRs - some will have Triton's the first night, some will have Tiana's the first night, and some will have Animator's the first night. THAT is a given.

I was on the 6 night to San Juan - Tiana's had music both nights. A LOT of FUN. Just made it a little difficult to meet our table mates the first night.

Additionally, they do not Talk, Sing / Perform for the entire time you are in the restaurant. There are some "quiet times" Especially at the beginning of your seating so the servers can take your orders. And the serving teams work throughout the entire time - just because there's live music, doesn't mean that they "don't have anything to do"

I don't request a specific rotation, but "Animator's Palate the first night".

There are three MDRs - some will have Triton's the first night, some will have Tiana's the first night, and some will have Animator's the first night. THAT is a given.
Semantics - your starting MDR defines your Dinning Rotation - since everyone in Animators the first night is in "Triton's (or Tiana's)" the second night ...

Semantics - your starting MDR defines your Dinning Rotation - since everyone in Animators the first night is in "Triton's (or Tiana's)" the second night ...

Well, yes. But I'm just telling them the first night - in case the rotation order changes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!