7 Night Western Fantasy With Two Young Kids: Just Keep Swimming COMPLETED. Navigators included

Thanks for taking the time to post the personal navigators.
Really appreciate it!

I agree with you about the port excursions. We were on the Magic May 2016 and booked port excursions through DCL. It seemed we did a lot of lining up to wait then moving to the next point to line up and wait and then waiting on that one person in the group who did not listen and come back to the van on time.

I will say that I have done other cruises and have done excursions on my own in Cozumel and this is how I will plan excursions for future trips. Cozumel it is very easy to hire a taxi and just hit one of the beaches. One of the best trips we had was when my husband and I gathered a group of strangers as they got off the boat and convinced them into sharing a taxi van for the day. We spent about $150 total and went snorkeling, tequilla tasting, shopping away from the port, and had an authentic Mexican lunch at our drivers mom's house. I think you could easily do the same in the Caymans. I have never been to Jamaica.

Anyway, glad you all had a great time.

Thank you so much for such a thorough cruise report! We are planning our first cruise on the Fantasy for Christmas. I loved reading about your adventure.

Thank you for the great report! I just booked a Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean cruise for my son's 3rd birthday next spring (daughter will be 5), so I've been trying to find reviews of people with smaller kids to get good ideas. I'm glad I stumbled upon your report-very informative with great pics! Great final tips too-I could definitely picture us skipping shows to swim & foregoing planned excursions to do more fun time on the ship or beach times. (Gosh I hate waiting around-especially when the kids are being understandably impatient)!

Thanks for taking the time to do a report like this. I know it's a lot of time & work. It's greatly appreciated by this dad planning his family's first cruise!

Loved reading your report! My kids are 3 & 6 now and I'm just starting to plan our first cruise, but we have decided to push it back from next summer to 2019 because my parents want to take a big family cruise to celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary. I have to decide between Eastern and Western, and my mom has strangely for her left it up to me, but am wondering if Eastern with only two port days might be a better route since it sounds like excursions with young kids are questionable. Fortunately we have some time to decide! Thank you again for such a thorough trip report!

Loved reading your report! My kids are 3 & 6 now and I'm just starting to plan our first cruise, but we have decided to push it back from next summer to 2019 because my parents want to take a big family cruise to celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary. I have to decide between Eastern and Western, and my mom has strangely for her left it up to me, but am wondering if Eastern with only two port days might be a better route since it sounds like excursions with young kids are questionable. Fortunately we have some time to decide! Thank you again for such a thorough trip report!

So glad it was helpful. You will love the Fantasy!!! And the kids ages are perfect. Enjoy :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter