7-Night Western Caribbean Cruise July 25 - August 1, 2009

I don't know how many of you got a chance to meet Captain Thord...he is a very nice man, but very soft spoken, and very reserved in manner.

Well, those of you that had a chance to meet my wife may have realized that she is quite the opposite of "soft spoken and reserved"...and she REALLY WANTED A FUNNY/GOOFY FAMILY PICTURE WITH CAPTAIN THORD.

When we mentioned this request to the cast members helping us with the photos, every single one of them GRIMACED, and told us that we would have to make the request to the captain PERSONALLY (meaning that there was no way in heck that THEY were going to sak the Captain to make a funny face for a picture).

Well, the captain turned out to be a good sport, and although he didn't manage to sport a "funny face", he did manage to wink one eye:

1201862.jpg

The cast members present told us that that photo was one for the record books...

UPDATE: And for the record, my oldest daughter is not intentionally "flipping the bird"!

Awesome picture! Your wife is a TRIP! Please tell her THANK YOU for her efforts in getting us some special attention for our honeymoon. Even though we got nothing except the occassional, "Is it your birthday?" Uhh, you GAVE me this pin! It says honeymoon, BRENT! Yes, he even asked me if it was my birthday!

I was happy to meet him though. ;) After spending some time in the medical center and missing our Cozumel excursion because of it, we were wandering around a half empty ship and who come running down the stairs, but Brent, dressed to the nines like a pirate and carrying a stack of VHS tapes.

He stopped and chatted for a while and we asked him what the deal was with those tapes. He said they were lying around and he had to transfer them, ya know, history of the company, things like that....I think we started drooling when he said that! We would have LOVED to get our hands on those tapes!

Anyway, he was very nice and stayed and chatted for a while even though he was clearly busy. And he was nice enough to take a pic with me, even though it came out a little blurry. :rolleyes:

ry%3D400

Ok, while I'm at it...here's a pic of us with wideeyedwonder, wife and their friends, who wwe met seperately the night before!
ry%3D400

And here's wideeyedwonder's wife in the final show. Sorry, it's the best picture I could get, I was sitting in the WAY back!
ry%3D400

If you want to see more, check out my trip report!!

I don't know how many of you got a chance to meet Captain Thord...he is a very nice man, but very soft spoken, and very reserved in manner.

Well, those of you that had a chance to meet my wife may have realized that she is quite the opposite of "soft spoken and reserved"...and she REALLY WANTED A FUNNY/GOOFY FAMILY PICTURE WITH CAPTAIN THORD.

When we mentioned this request to the cast members helping us with the photos, every single one of them GRIMACED, and told us that we would have to make the request to the captain PERSONALLY (meaning that there was no way in heck that THEY were going to sak the Captain to make a funny face for a picture).

Well, the captain turned out to be a good sport, and although he didn't manage to sport a "funny face", he did manage to wink one eye:

1201862.jpg

The cast members present told us that that photo was one for the record books...

UPDATE: And for the record, my oldest daughter is not intentionally "flipping the bird"!

This is GREAT!!!! Good for you guys!
Your family was the first we met and probably one of the families we saw most onboard. The girls seemed to have a great time together!
Thanks for the bottle opener, we love it!!

Awesome picture! Your wife is a TRIP! Please tell her THANK YOU for her efforts in getting us some special attention for our honeymoon. Even though we got nothing except the occassional, "Is it your birthday?" Uhh, you GAVE me this pin! It says honeymoon, BRENT! Yes, he even asked me if it was my birthday!

Yeah, my wife is exactly a trip! (That's one of the reasons I like her! ;) ) That's so funny that they were not "getting it", that it was your honeymoon! Maybe if you cruise again on your birthday, you will get honeymoon gifts? :laughing:

I was happy to meet him though. ;) After spending some time in the medical center and missing our Cozumel excursion because of it

I'm so interested in what happened (what happened?), but I guess I can wait for your trip report to get to that part!

Ok, while I'm at it...here's a pic of us with wideeyedwonder, wife and their friends, who wwe met seperately the night before!
ry%3D400

It's funny, the couple (Ken and Michelle) are people we met on out LAST Disney cruise (a 4-day on the Wonder), and we had such a good time, that we re-booked the current cruise together, while on the boat!

And here's wideeyedwonder's wife in the final show. Sorry, it's the best picture I could get, I was sitting in the WAY back!
ry%3D400

AWESOME, as I didn't get to see any of it (it figures, the one show that I miss is the show that my wife ends up on stage! :)) She can blame me, as I was the one that chose the seats for them...

This is GREAT!!!! Good for you guys!
Your family was the first we met and probably one of the families we saw most onboard. The girls seemed to have a great time together!
Thanks for the bottle opener, we love it!!

K, my family tends to be easily noticed (aka LOUD) :rotfl: Did Alicia like the kids club?

BTW, my daughters loved your "mickey ears pirate hat" door magnet!

[/QUOTE] K, my family tends to be easily noticed (aka LOUD) :rotfl: Did Alicia like the kids club?

BTW, my daughters loved your "mickey ears pirate hat" door magnet![/QUOTE]

Alicia had alot of fun in the club! She went in alot in the beginning and then again at the end, but hung with us alot in the middle.
How about your girls?
Did you see the pictures from the Alice tea party? If I can figure out how to post on here I will put it on. I have a cute one of all 4 of them!

I actually printed the magnet from the Disboard!
Earlier in the week I had a Fantasia Mickey up and changed it for Pirate Night!pirate:

Ha! you bet I got that certificate, we stood in guest services desk until they print them for us!! hope you like the pic PM if you like for me to e-mail it to you.
Love

Hey Princessrunner.
Glad to hear you got the certificate! I guess I should have gone down in person and not called. Loved the picture.....I will pm my email to you. Please thank your husband for taking the picture!

I have to know...what is the story with the "green M&Ms"?

Really? You don't know the story behind Green M&M's? I thought everyone knew! Ask your DW, I bet she knows!!!;)

Ok, so right off of the bag of green M & M's that I have saved up to give to my DH for our anniversary day. Date is August 11th, but with our older sons in law school and college we had to push the cruise date up a few weeks in order for all of us to be together.

Ok, right from the package: "Important Notice: Consumption of the Green Ones may result in elevated romance levels, If you experience this effect contact your significant other immediatley No official agency has verified these statements...but what do they know about romance anyway?"

Our story of the green M & M's is as follows:
We worked for the same company........My DH secretary at the time thought we would be a perfect match for each other, so she kept hinting to him to ask me out........I had a candy dish on my desk one week filled with Hershey Kisses........he took a few and made a comment to his secretary that he "wonders" if he could turn one of them in for the "real" thing......so of course she told me this and said, "Oh I think he's going to be asking you out.........so a week goes by and NOTHING!!! So I decided to mail him some "Green M & M's" in the interoffice mail.........just to let him know that the answer would be YES!!! I of course did NOT put my name on the mail, but he could tell what department it came from. He asked me out the following day! So Green M & M's have always kind of been "our" thing! Not sure if anyone noticed the "Green M & M" magnet I had on our door, someone on the disboards made it up for me. I just asked for a green M & M with a Mickey Hat and this wonderful person made it up within minutes of me asking for it! My husband couldn't beleive it when he saw it on the door! They also made me a pirate one! It was too cute!

So Greg, that is the story of the Green M & M's!!!
The 4 Elements was one of the best excursions we've ever taken...my wife didn't know what to expect, but she came back from it suitably impressed! Highly recommended for the more adventurous out there. I couldn't believe how deep some of those crevasses in the Cenotes (water filled caves) seemed to go! :thumbsup2

Oh, I so agree with you. It scared the crap out of me when I was looking down in them, but I'm so glad I did it!
And thanks to everyone who participated in the FE exchange...my wife knew nothing about it until a day or two before, but she got really into it when she saw how it was playing out (she's the one who decided on the Mickey bottle openers, we saved one for ourselves).

Love the Mickey opener, it's sitting on our bulter pantry and I see it each morning when I walk down the steps to the kitchen! Puts a smile on my face!
moet, the picture I took of you came out really nice, and in the background is a guide holding a sign that reads "4 elements zip line". Let me know if you want a copy as well!

Thanks, would love a copy!

FE participants, I have pictures of all of the FE's and door decorations (at least those on the FE list), let me know if you would be interested in having me post them.

I would love to see any pictures you want to post! Love seeing pictures and reliving all the fun!

Wide Eyed Wonder:

The picture of your family with the captain just made me laugh out loud!!!!!!!!!!!!:rotfl2:

Loved the comment about your oldest daughter also!!!:rotfl2:

Has anyone ever told you that you look like "Ray Ramano" from Everyone Loves Raymond?

Three of my kids told me that while we were on the cruise and in the picture with the captain you DO look like him!

Can't wait to get my pictures unloaded..........I got a new computer today,,,,,,,,,,tax free weekend here, so my DH bought me a new computer.

Hi all! It was so nice to meet everyone and thank you for all of the treats. My boys loved filling everyone's FE as well as seeing the treats in our FE!

We spent a few days in Port Canaveral...went to Kennedy Space Center, Cocoa Beach, and Cape Canaveral National Seashore. Then it was on to OBX for a few days with the in laws. We rolled in last night around midnight and we are happy to be home.

Thanks again for all of the fun!
Jenn and the boys

Yeap! home already for 2 days now, it took only 3 driving hours to get to Miami, still doing laundry...wanted to share the pic with you, what a greast time we have, I already had the "Perfect Pot" of coffee and proudly displayed our Mickey bottle opener in the bar, saved the pirate bags and the cute magnets, had some of the M & Ms from 25 years ago and those delicious Belgiam Chocolates, looking at the mail box and the bus (this is DS 16 favorite FE gift) will print some special pics for the mini album, and I had listen to the Smooth Sailing Sounds.
We have a Thanksgiving cruise plan, got it free trough DVC so here we go again, looked into the next Western forum leaving on the 8 and they are not as organize as we were, made me proud, thank you guys. God bless you many, many times!!! Elcka

Disboardmeet.jpg

Sorry, we missed the photo op. My DD was getting anxious so we left to go back to the room. Great shot though. We had a great time on-board. I hope to see some trip reports soon.

I just wanted to let you all know what a great time we had! It was so much fun to give and receive all FE gifts. My kids really enjoyed all the surprises! Some were really nice and very personal. I also enjoyed meeting with with wideeyewonder and I knew who you were because of your photo! You guys are great and the photo with the captain was the best!!! We will cherish our memory of this cruise for a lifetime!

Wide Eyed Wonder:
Has anyone ever told you that you look like "Ray Ramano" from Everyone Loves Raymond?

Three of my kids told me that while we were on the cruise and in the picture with the captain you DO look like him!

I get that a lot, especially now that I've lost weight (I used to be 50 lbs. heavier, just a year ago!) My wife used to get tagged as Ally Sheedy (The Breakfast Club, Short Circuit) back in the 80s...when people knew who Ally Sheedy was. ;)

Can't wait to get my pictures unloaded..........I got a new computer today,,,,,,,,,,tax free weekend here, so my DH bought me a new computer.

Can't wait to see them!

I just wanted to let you all know what a great time we had! It was so much fun to give and receive all FE gifts. My kids really enjoyed all the surprises! Some were really nice and very personal. I also enjoyed meeting with with wideeyewonder and I knew who you were because of your photo! You guys are great and the photo with the captain was the best!!! We will cherish our memory of this cruise for a lifetime!

marchdreamer, PM me contact info, I have a few pictures of you and Breanna (and I think Phil, Em, and Char). It was great meeting you guys even before setting foot on the ship, and the photos on the DIS definitely helped us get "noticed". :goodvibes As a matter of fact, we spotted Nicki and Tom as they were passing by, just based on Nicki's DIS photos. :thumbsup2;)

Alicia had alot of fun in the club! She went in alot in the beginning and then again at the end, but hung with us alot in the middle.
How about your girls?
Did you see the pictures from the Alice tea party? If I can figure out how to post on here I will put it on. I have a cute one of all 4 of them!

It was variable for my kids as well, although they did enjoy spending late nights at the clubs most of the nights, giving my wife and I some much needed "adult" time. My wife was only able to take a few pictures at the tea party, but I think that this is a good one:

P7270368.jpg

If you need help on how to post here, let me know, I'd love to see your pictures!

I get that a lot, especially now that I've lost weight (I used to be 50 lbs. heavier, just a year ago!) My wife used to get tagged as Ally Sheedy (The Breakfast Club, Short Circuit) back in the 80s...when people knew who Ally Sheedy was. ;)

Can't wait to see them!

marchdreamer, PM me contact info, I have a few pictures of you and Breanna (and I think Phil, Em, and Char). It was great meeting you guys even before setting foot on the ship, and the photos on the DIS definitely helped us get "noticed". :goodvibes As a matter of fact, we spotted Nicki and Tom as they were passing by, just based on Nicki's DIS photos. :thumbsup2;)

It was variable for my kids as well, although they did enjoy spending late nights at the clubs most of the nights, giving my wife and I some much needed "adult" time. My wife was only able to take a few pictures at the tea party, but I think that this is a good one:

P7270368.jpg

If you need help on how to post here, let me know, I'd love to see your pictures!

This is great! It is the same picture I was going to put up!!

Oh yes please will love to see the pics of the FE and the doors, we had sucha a great time, my DH surprised me last weekend with a romantic trip to The Boardwalk, we went dancing, ate at the Flying Fish (highly recommend) saw La Nouba and went for Sunday Brunch at the House of Blues, what a celebration for our anniversary that is actually today! went running around the lake and on the pathways to Hollywood Studios and Epcot, awesome!blessings and love you all, Elcka

Oh yes please will love to see the pics of the FE and the doors, we had sucha a great time, my DH surprised me last weekend with a romantic trip to The Boardwalk, we went dancing, ate at the Flying Fish (highly recommend) saw La Nouba and went for Sunday Brunch at the House of Blues, what a celebration for our anniversary that is actually today! went running around the lake and on the pathways to Hollywood Studios and Epcot, awesome!blessings and love you all, Elcka

That sounds wonderful! What a nice surprise for you!! Happy anniversary!!!

Hey Elcka!

Happy Anniversary! Today is also my anniversary, 25 years today~! DH and I went out to lunch and he got me a big Mickey Statue that was in one of the gift shops on the cruise. I have no idea how he brought that home without me seeing it!

What a wonderful weekend your DH planned for you.

And great running!

Have a Magicial Anniversary Day!
Maureen

Elcka and Carlos - you two look so good together. We should take picture in Palo the four of us. And yes, Carlos and Marlon still has to have that drinking session. Btw, Marielle turned 2 last SAturday and she had a blast on her party, she stayed until 130 am playing all her gifts she got

Maureen and Bob - Happy 25th Anniversary and wish you all the best. Thanks for the FE gifts.

To all- it was so great meeting all of you and thank you to all the wonderful gifts.

Greg (wideeyedwonder) - your wife looks so cool, I think all the DISwives should had one night drinking session, it probably rocked the ship LOL. Yeah, would love to see all the pictures of the doors who participated in the FE.
We booked a dummy date. I really want to experience the Panama Canal but I think my 2 teens would not want to miss school esp my oldest will be in senior year. It is really one of my "must do vacation" but maybe next time, will see how their sched is. The dummy date will be moved to the new ships schedule. I am also looking at Royal cruise from LA to Mexican Riviera either week of FEb 14th or spring break week of Mar 28th. Btw, can u send me the link where you post your Coz excursion. My family went to Nachi Cocom and we really had a great time the whole day just relaxin, chillin', eatin', swimming, drinking (as in drinking till my hubby drop that we missed the Pirate Night that night and Marielle was exhausted), massage by the beach and did I mentioned drinking LOL.

Again, thank you all :) Awesome and the best DISmates.

Greg (wideeyedwonder) - your wife looks so cool, I think all the DISwives should had one night drinking session, it probably rocked the ship LOL.

She would have been SO up for that! And, whoa boy, you all would have rocked the ship all right!

Yeah, would love to see all the pictures of the doors who participated in the FE.

Coming soon (it's something like 23 pictures!)

We booked a dummy date. I really want to experience the Panama Canal but I think my 2 teens would not want to miss school esp my oldest will be in senior year. It is really one of my "must do vacation" but maybe next time, will see how their sched is. The dummy date will be moved to the new ships schedule. I am also looking at Royal cruise from LA to Mexican Riviera either week of FEb 14th or spring break week of Mar 28th.

We had scheduled the transatlantic as a "dummy" as I REALLY wanted to do the PC Repo, but the dates weren't available. However, now my wife is saying that we might be able to do BOTH. :woohoo:

(Our financial priorities right now weigh heavily on savings and vacations!)

We've only done one RCL cruise out of LA, and it wasn't that great (we still had fun!), but it was a weekend "booze cruise", it was an older ship, and we were traveling with kids, so it probably wasn't a good representation of RCL. The Mexican riviera cruises sound great (and airfare to SoCal should be MUCH better than flying to FL!)

Btw, can u send me the link where you post your Coz excursion.

Moet started the thread asking about the excursion, I just added our pictures when we got back:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2154507&page=2

(Scroll down until you see the pictures)

My family went to Nachi Cocom and we really had a great time the whole day just relaxin, chillin', eatin', swimming, drinking

We tend to do the extremes, either hard core adventure, or hard core relaxing! It sound like you did the hard core relaxing! :thumbsup2 As Crush would say: "Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet!"

Again, thank you all :) Awesome and the best DISmates.

I agree! :thumbsup2

Hi Greg,

Wow, doing both TA & PC, now that is what we call living the life. ;)

What RCI ship did you cruise? The one we are planning to take is the Mariner of the Seas, I would say not that old, it started late 2003 so Disney's ships are actually older. Love to really try their newest one, the Freedom of the Seas and the coming out Oasis soon.

Take carea and God Bless.

I just PM'd you our email address.

Can I just say that we had such a great time that every night I have a dream about the cruising or cruising in the future. My mother is trying to organize a cruise for all six of her children and grandchildren for next summer. I don't it will be Disney since most cannot afford it, but we are looking forward to our next cruise! The part that keeps coming back to me is how well we all slept due to the rocking motions of the boat. Now, when I hit my head on the pillow, I want to feel that and cannot get a very good nights sleep since I won't be rocked to bed!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter