7 month mark is tomorrow...have a stay booked at home resort

melissafox18

DIS Veteran
Tomorrow is our 7 month mark for our stay in mid-September. I have a stay at our home resort (Saratoga) booked and was planning on calling MS tomorrow to move to our preferred resort - it was originally going to be WL (it's my favorite, I don't care about the construction project - we've looked at it throughout the entire process and it doesn't bother me). Now I see a 2BR standard view at Bay Lake that would be amazing (2 points more than the WL stay). Do I cancel my currently booked home resort stay so I don't have to call MS in the morning to try and get a jump on the available room online vs. calling and waiting on hold until someone can help me?

When I go to cancel it says "is this part of a linked reservation". What does that mean? Linked to MDE? Linked to another reservation?

Thanks! We are not often planner when it comes to our DVC points so this is new territory which i know sounds ridiculous but we have never planned outside of 7 months, let alone 11!

I too switched resorts at 7 months, but I was too nervous to do it online. You have to cancel the existing reservation before booking the new one (unless you have enough points to cover both reservations). I called as soon as MS opened to make the change. It worked out perfectly for us.

I would think the "linked" comment would refer to linking with another reservation, but I'm not positive.

I too switched resorts at 7 months, but I was too nervous to do it online. You have to cancel the existing reservation before booking the new one (unless you have enough points to cover both reservations). I called as soon as MS opened to make the change. It worked out perfectly for us.

I would think the "linked" comment would refer to linking with another reservation, but I'm not positive.
Thank you! I did some more searching and the linked is if it is linked to another reservation. I'm rolling the dice to see what happens in the morning. I'm hoping for BLT but happy to take WL as a second choice!

Do I cancel my currently booked home resort stay so I don't have to call MS in the morning to try and get a jump on the available room online vs. calling and waiting on hold until someone can help me?
The person on the phone can't help you any more than you can do yourself. They're going to cancel your reservation to free up the points and then hope that nobody has snatched up the reservation you want.

Here's a method for holding the room you want while you cancel the room you have. This is more than Member Services can do for you.
http://disboards.com/threads/making...n-you-go-ahead-of-time.3461485/#post-54707122

If your dates at SSR are still open, go ahead and cancel that reservation now. Book the BLT reservation online as soon as the window opens. If you don't there's a very, very good chance it will be gone before you can even call MS. BLT standard views are very popular, especially during F&W and MNSSHP time. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter