7 Month Excitement

kes601

DIS Veteran
Some may remember I asked about which 1 bedroom we should look at for summer. That ship sailed when we got 10 nights in a 1 bedroom at bwv for Christmas week.

Fast forward to our 7 month booking window for summer. We were going to do a split between a studio and then pay cash for POFQ to save points.

Somehow we ended up getting an AKV Value Studio for 5 nights (2 nights in a standard view preceding it) but then equally as shocking we got 7 nights at VGF Standard Studio.

Never in my thoughts about what we would get at 7 months did AKV Value and VGF Standard enter the equation. We are super excited.

Last edited:
Some may remember I asked about which 1 bedroom we should look at for summer. That ship sailed when we got 10 nights in a 1 bedroom at bwv for Christmas week.

Fast forward to our 7 month booking window for summer. We were going to do a split between a studio and then pay cash for POFQ to save points.

Somehow we ended up getting an AKV Value Studio for 5 nights (2 nights in a standard view proceeding it) but then equally as shocking we got 7 nights at VGF Standard Studio.

Never in my thoughts about what we would get at 7 months did AKV Value and VGF Standard enter the equation. We are super excited.

yes because of covid it’s now easy again to get in at the seventh month window. I’m guessing soon it will get hard again like it was before covid. I thought I will never get to stay in copper creek and grand Floridian. Stayed in copper creek two moths ago, got the grand Floridian in may.

Congrats on having so good selections! I will say after stalking the website, you be amazed what's available. People are always modifying/cancelling. I got 3 nights at AKV Concierge Studio under 7 months with my SSR points.

Congrats on having so good selections! I will say after stalking the website, you be amazed what's available. People are always modifying/cancelling. I got 3 nights at AKV Concierge Studio under 7 months with my SSR points.
Yep. We got lucky w/the AKV Value because I happened to look at about 8:30a or so at about 6 months and 25 days out and somebody must have found something else they wanted because the 5 days showed up (it was one day shy of being 11 days but one day in the middle was missing).

I walked the VGF one for 4 days. I again happened to check at 8:30 or 9:00 and noticed it was walkable all of a sudden (assuming nobody w/11 month rights swooped in).

If we had had enough points we could have gotten the first week at CCV instead of AKV by doing the same thing of just checking randomly after the 8:00 shuffle.

ETA: We own at SSR as well but don't plan on staying there unless we have to at some point.

yes because of covid it’s now easy again to get in at the seventh month window. I’m guessing soon it will get hard again like it was before covid. I thought I will never get to stay in copper creek and grand Floridian. Stayed in copper creek two moths ago, got the grand Floridian in may.
No idea what it was like pre-covid as we just bought in Feb of 2021. This was also our first 7-month booking window that didn't coincide with a major holiday. From what I read VGF and AKV Value were pretty much impossible still at 7 months. Particularly if you are talking about 7 days at each.....

Summer months tend to be some of the least in demand times for DVC. AKV Value studios probably one of the most difficult to get. With fall, Xmas and run Disney events extremely high. Congratulations have a great couple of trips.

No idea what it was like pre-covid as we just bought in Feb of 2021. This was also our first 7-month booking window that didn't coincide with a major holiday. From what I read VGF and AKV Value were pretty much impossible still at 7 months. Particularly if you are talking about 7 days at each.....

That is an amazing score. I watch those VGF SC studios all the time so getting 7 days without work is not normal. If anything, Covid makes things harder with all the extra points so even more lucky!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter