7 flights, 6 hotels, 1 cruise ship and a major stuff up...brace yourself UPDATE!

dont get the flu shot,....
the year i bowed to pressure and got the shot, 1 month later i got pnumonia and my lungs havent been the same since......

too late -- i bowed to pressure as work was giving it away for free and i have a dodgy immune system anyways..

carlo has been ill with man-flu and now i'm sick too, so pretty unimpressed...

did you know in 1982 scientists managed to simulate the agonising symptoms of full blown Man-Flu in a female chimp.

She became so ill that her head literally fell off.

:teacher:

I had the flu shot one year. That was the year where I've never been so sick in my life!

I was thinking about getting the flu shot, you've all just convinced me not to :thumbsup2

With this trip, i'm sort of wondering if i'm overthinking things?

Can you overplan?

I mean you're not going to do everything, it's impossible, but especially on the cruise, so many options/excursions.
I'm thinking i'll choose one excursion, one for DS and another for DH.
I'm not going to go crazy about it :laughing:

Can you overplan?

I mean you're not going to do everything, it's impossible, but especially on the cruise, so many options/excursions.

re cruise excursions..we did one (snorkle boat trip) each port except the cruise island ie castaway cay.....but this time DH is doing a padi course so i get to stay onboard each port day having the pool all to myself....paradise for me, i hate port days.

be careful, the excursions are expensive and do add up.

Can you overplan?

Absolutely! But it is your PTR...plan it how you want. :laughing:

re cruise excursions..we did one (snorkle boat trip) each port except the cruise island ie castaway cay.....but this time DH is doing a padi course so i get to stay onboard each port day having the pool all to myself....paradise for me, i hate port days.

be careful, the excursions are expensive and do add up.

Yeah, the $$ will come into play, I want DS to do the stingray thing, me, there is nothing jumping out at me too much, DH golf golf golf.

Absolutely! But it is your PTR...plan it how you want. :laughing:

What if you plan heaps, and not all of it eventuates? Then you could end up disappointed :confused3

you can always book on-board..spaces become available all the time...even staying on board is an adventure...

What if you plan heaps, and not all of it eventuates? Then you could end up disappointed :confused3

Reality is always short of fantasy.

I kinda have a list of things to do and separate by 'do not miss' vs 'too bad so sad'. I don't think I've EVER hit all my 'do not miss' items on any list....ever.

It just means that there will be a....next time. :thumbsup2

Reality is always short of fantasy.

I kinda have a list of things to do and separate by 'do not miss' vs 'too bad so sad'. I don't think I've EVER hit all my 'do not miss' items on any list....ever.

It just means that there will be a....next time. :thumbsup2

next time...LOL

next time gadget...next time!

it doesn't hurt to be OCD re holiday planning...I know, cause I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.

re: the cruise planning. for ours, we are doing 1 x port adventure (well, it's on the list to be booked, we can't book until 10th september) and the rest, we'll play it by ear... each night is dinner & a show and the rest we'll decide on each morning etc. we don't mind not having other port excursions booked, as this way, if we're not feeling well, want to shop more etc, we can :)

plus, we're booking a remy dinner in lieu of another 'excursion'.

i hope you get to a happy place with the planning. i love being OCD about the logistics of getting from point a to point b, where we're staying, reviews etc. but the actual day to day activities are more of a go-with-the-flow style..

Just saw your '17 weeks to go' title and thought - awwwww 17 weeks that's so close i'm jealous, then realised via your ticker that we are actually leaving for our trip 10 days before you!

I don't know how long away i thought our trip still was in weeks but realising it was only about 16 weeks away was a nice surprise :thumbsup2

I am however still jealous of you trip to the US and the cruise - love reading about others' plans :love:

Enjoy the planning!

I'm definitely overthinking, but I love to plan! We're all booked, managed to convince DH and our friend we needed 6 nights at WDW whoo! 25 weeks til we set off to LA.

I'm trying to organise ADR's since I can book in a few weeks but I am so confused, too many choices and I'm definitely overthinking it all!

Just saw your '17 weeks to go' title and thought - awwwww 17 weeks that's so close i'm jealous, then realised via your ticker that we are actually leaving for our trip 10 days before you!

I don't know how long away i thought our trip still was in weeks but realising it was only about 16 weeks away was a nice surprise :thumbsup2

I am however still jealous of you trip to the US and the cruise - love reading about others' plans :love:

Enjoy the planning!

It's closer than we think huh?

I've never delved into DL Paris, a whole new ball game (that reminds me, DH wants to go to a ball game in NY LOL)

Maybe one day we could get to DL Paris, maybe experience some culture LOL

I'm definitely overthinking, but I love to plan! We're all booked, managed to convince DH and our friend we needed 6 nights at WDW whoo! 25 weeks til we set off to LA.

I'm trying to organise ADR's since I can book in a few weeks but I am so confused, too many choices and I'm definitely overthinking it all!

I pretty much guessed my ADR's, if you don't go somewhere I figure you won't really know what you're missing LOL

Cheers to overplanning and overthinking, I need to stop it as it makes it hard to concentrate on my work sometimes LOL

It's getting closer!!!

That is all LOL :cool1:

i love those last few months... they seem to fly right by and then before you know it, the trip is here...

we're at the 6 month mark, and it feels like FOREVER til our trip gets here...probably a good thing when you have to save up still :)

i love those last few months... they seem to fly right by and then before you know it, the trip is here...

we're at the 6 month mark, and it feels like FOREVER til our trip gets here...probably a good thing when you have to save up still :)

I just looked at my ticker...

3 months, 3 weeks and 3 days!

Sounds so much better than 16 weeks and 3 days :thumbsup2

Still waiting for my webjet refund, waiting to book NYC accom, pretty sure i'll be Hotwire-ing it, DH will not slum it, so i'm just going to hit up a mystery booking, checking the rates daily, they'll drop at some stage.

One night at LAX to book also :thumbsup2

DL tickets to buy, I might get them at the gate, i'm not sure yet.

It really is getting closer,

I can't wait to see the Statue of Liberty for real :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter