7 flights, 6 hotels, 1 cruise ship and a major stuff up...brace yourself UPDATE!

I paid more for 2 nights in NYC than I did for 10 nights at hostels on that trip....:crazy2:
feel your pain

I'm laughing at the part I bolded there, because i'm like :scared1: although comparing it to the same sort of thing here in Melbourne, it's comparable by price and standard.

Jedi training academy, it's all we're hearing about at home now... 4 months of this people!
Luckily we're at WDW for 9 days, so we'll be able to have a few goes at trying :thumbsup2
I have a confession to make, I have never watched a Star Wars movie :rolleyes1 and i'm not about to start now :lmao:

New York, very close to Hotwiring our accom (like right now!) and leaving it at that LOL
I have been researching and found what I think to be Doubletree Suites at Times Square for $1691 for 4 nights, actually not too steep for this NYC location...:crazy2:

Book or not? LOL

Have you looked at booking double tree direct and using the trip advisor code if you book direct you get points and I got something crazy like 15000 points for our 2 night stay.

I paid more for 2 nights in NYC than I did for 10 nights at hostels on that trip....:crazy2:
feel your pain

:scared: so far i've paid $350 odd for 3 nights at Hilton Bonnet Creek, $380 odd for Fairfield Inn at DL for 3 nights and now i'm looking at $1700 odd at least for 4 nights in NYC :crazy2::scared: go figure
But then, if you stayed further out you lose precious time and money commuting to wherever you want to be...

Have you looked at booking double tree direct and using the trip advisor code if you book direct you get points and I got something crazy like 15000 points for our 2 night stay.

What trip advisor code? :yay:

I'll try anything once :lmao:

What trip advisor code? :yay:

I'll try anything once :lmao:

I'm on my iPad and I have no idea how to copy and paste :confused3 so if you go on to Tripadvisor look up Double tree times square And click on the special offer it allows you to book at the discounted rate but not pay till you get there so if you find a cheaper price for it you can change it

I'm on my iPad and I have no idea how to copy and paste :confused3 so if you go on to Tripadvisor look up Double tree times square And click on the special offer it allows you to book at the discounted rate but not pay till you get there so if you find a cheaper price for it you can change it

Thanks, i'll have a crack, see how I go :thumbsup2

Becpee - do you absolutely have your heart set on Doubletree? I am sure that you could get much cheaper accom for if you moved only 1 block (2 min walk max) off Times Square. Even 2 blocks is not going to be a struggle for you.

Doubletree is one of the dearest spots, obviously because of the amazing location but if you are trying to budget a little bit, I would definitely look at other options that would be just as nice.

Becpee - do you absolutely have your heart set on Doubletree? I am sure that you could get much cheaper accom for if you moved only 1 block (2 min walk max) off Times Square. Even 2 blocks is not going to be a struggle for you.

Doubletree is one of the dearest spots, obviously because of the amazing location but if you are trying to budget a little bit, I would definitely look at other options that would be just as nice.

I'm looking, looking, not totally set on anything, and if the price is right :thumbsup2

Maybe i'll just wait it out, still have time, give the bank account a rest :laughing:

I'm just shocked at the prices :confused3 but it is what it is.

DS just tells us he can't wait for the elevator ride (Tower of terror :confused3) ummm I think he'll poo his pants...

I'm looking, looking, not totally set on anything, and if the price is right :thumbsup2

Maybe i'll just wait it out, still have time, give the bank account a rest :laughing:

I'm just shocked at the prices :confused3 but it is what it is.

DS just tells us he can't wait for the elevator ride (Tower of terror :confused3) ummm I think he'll poo his pants...

I only ask because whilst I think Doubletree looks gorgeous and has an awesome location, I think the pricing is ridiculous. I haven't paid anywhere near the prices they charge for my 3 stays and have been really happy with the location and hotels.

I only ask because whilst I think Doubletree looks gorgeous and has an awesome location, I think the pricing is ridiculous. I haven't paid anywhere near the prices they charge for my 3 stays and have been really happy with the location and hotels.

Where else have you stayed? I've been looking at hotels.com which has a pretty good range of places.

Crowne Plaza Times Square which has an equally good location to Doubletree, right beside Hersheys and also Hilton New York which is 2 blocks off Times Square but much cheaper than Doubletree.

I'm not suggesting you go to those places (both of which I can highly recommend), more that Doubletree is very pricey and that unless you absolutely have to have that location and the separate living area, there are surely better prices to be found.

Crowne Plaza Times Square which has an equally good location to Doubletree, right beside Hersheys and also Hilton New York which is 2 blocks off Times Square but much cheaper than Doubletree.

I'm not suggesting you go to those places (both of which I can highly recommend), more that Doubletree is very pricey and that unless you absolutely have to have that location and the separate living area, there are surely better prices to be found.

I'm all for hearing other peoples opinions on places :thumbsup2 I appreciate hearing about other peoples thoughts on places, it helps to open my mind :) to maybe some new things.

Hotel prices also fluctuate wildly - many on tripadvisor will tell you its too soon to book now - you will be paying inflated rack rates.

Bit like airfares - you have to pick your moment

Hojo have entertainment rates for Oct, (a few), lots in Jan and some in Feb if anyone is interested. :)

So true Battymum. All of my accom is unpaid for and changeable. I'm keeping an eye out for deals. If anyone sees anything good let me know.

So true Battymum. All of my accom is unpaid for and changeable. I'm keeping an eye out for deals. If anyone sees anything good let me know.

I have paid for some cheap/cheap stuff, will hold out on NYC as even on Hotwire the price on the mystery "suite" hotel ;) has increased by $29.

Worst day at work :headache:

Ever have a day where you just think "I can't do this, I need my mental health..."

What on earth am I going to have to look forward to when we get home from this trip??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter