7 flights, 6 hotels, 1 cruise ship and a major stuff up...brace yourself UPDATE!

hey

points are an addiction, so be careful
great site is www.flyertalk.com
news, chats etc re points, milage runs etc
www.emiles.com
where you can earn delta points
also shop thru Delta.com site ie: disney etc, and get points as well

if you wanted to spend a day doing a milage run with your $300 voucher, that would be awesome, build up points as well...

re: plane watching,in a previous life the DH and i used to be qan$as engineers, so plane watching is our opium of choice:cloud9:

so how many sleeps now you say....148 for us....

cant wait to get out of this damn rain:sad2:and i was going to walk to the shops today..better get my Canoe out pirate:

and the DH had the sprinkler on for 4 hrs yesterday for his "precious" grass :rotfl2:

hey

points are an addiction, so be careful
great site is www.flyertalk.com
news, chats etc re points, milage runs etc
www.emiles.com
where you can earn delta points
also shop thru Delta.com site ie: disney etc, and get points as well

if you wanted to spend a day doing a milage run with your $300 voucher, that would be awesome, build up points as well...

re: plane watching,in a previous life the DH and i used to be qan$as engineers, so plane watching is our opium of choice:cloud9:

so how many sleeps now you say....148 for us....

cant wait to get out of this damn rain:sad2:and i was going to walk to the shops today..better get my Canoe out pirate:

and the DH had the sprinkler on for 4 hrs yesterday for his "precious" grass :rotfl2:

21 weeks today! Flying out at 11am so this time in 21 weeks we'll have been in the air for 1 hour and 50 minutes :laughing:

Melbourne today looks awesome, the perfect day :goodvibes

LOL at your DH's precious grass, I told my DH our precious grass can wait, so at the moment our backyard looks like a BMX track, until we get back and have some spare money (like thats going to happen).
Speaking of other precious grass, we have a police car stationed around the corner has been there for about 20 hours now, I think they're waiting for the occupants of a neighbours home to make an appearance :laughing: so far no cigar, must have got a tipoff and they've taken off :laughing:

QANTAS engineers huh? it all starts making sense...

sssshhhhhhhhh...we dont talk about our previous life :lmao:

stake out..cool.
grab your folding chair, an esky and go sit next to the police car....go on, I dare you:3dglasses

me, we are waterproofing the ark pirate: all i have to do is find the animals

oh, OT....will you be there for the re-opening of test track
great link
http://www.insidethemagic.net/2012/...e-update-as-chevrolet-design-center-at-epcot/

looks awesome

Cops are gone, I have a feeling they'll be back :laughing: Pretty close to shift changeover and they probably needed a dunny break :laughing:

No ark here, no rain until Saturday apparently (pool level is dropping :scared1: ) plenty of wildlife there too, redbacks, huntsmen, mudlarks and one white cat staking out for the mudlarks LOL (probably a few snakes around too, feeding up on the bunny rabbits).

Test track looks awesome :thumbsup2 we're dosing up on Disney tv shows and when test track came on we were all going pwhooaarr

Still alot to plan but oh well, 21 weeks to do it in :rolleyes1

Pretty sure the little fella knows whats going on, he's not silly, but he's playing along which is nice, he knows that he (and I) always get what he wants and he's been at us for probably close to 2 years to go to Disneyworld.

oh dear...what is it with this rain..it was an inch from my back door this morning, and our creek was overflowing:eek:

my poor minnie moo , the water was up to her tummy when she tried to go to the loo.....she was a pirate pirate:

I'm done with this weather, scotty beam me up!!!

how many sleeps now..I think I'm at 147 pixiedust:

oh dear...what is it with this rain..it was an inch from my back door this morning, and our creek was overflowing:eek:

my poor minnie moo , the water was up to her tummy when she tried to go to the loo.....she was a pirate pirate:

I'm done with this weather, scotty beam me up!!!

how many sleeps now..I think I'm at 147 pixiedust:

Another glorious day here in Melbourne! But by gosh I feel like telling some people I didn't ruin their day so please don't ruin mine!
Blu-tac i'm tellin ye, a lady lost her **** over blu-tac, I reckon if the worst thing that happened in her day was us running out of blu-tac...well you get my drift :headache: She was not a pirate :rolleyes1 I have better words for her :rolleyes:

We're at 146 sleeps i'm pretty sure, i'm already trying to plan the few days before we leave, including very little sleep the night before (for me at least, DH is cranky as on no sleep) and DS, still not sure how we're going to do that :rolleyes:

Accom still to plan, classic procrastination :p

Another glorious day here in Melbourne! But by gosh I feel like telling some people I didn't ruin their day so please don't ruin mine!
Blu-tac i'm tellin ye, a lady lost her **** over blu-tac, I reckon if the worst thing that happened in her day was us running out of blu-tac...well you get my drift :headache: She was not a pirate :rolleyes1 I have better words for her :rolleyes:

We're at 146 sleeps i'm pretty sure, i'm already trying to plan the few days before we leave, including very little sleep the night before (for me at least, DH is cranky as on no sleep) and DS, still not sure how we're going to do that :rolleyes:

Accom still to plan, classic procrastination :p

ahhhh...the great blu-tac emergency of 2012......although she may have needed it to plug up her canoe for the oncoming rains pirate: I definitely need a water craft just to get to my letter box....was thinking jet ski..but enough about my problems, and back to yours:sad2:

re accom......you have heaps of time.....just sit back with a glass of wine and enjoy the last days of autumn :hourglass

ahhhh...the great blu-tac emergency of 2012......although she may have needed it to plug up her canoe for the oncoming rains pirate: I definitely need a water craft just to get to my letter box....was thinking jet ski..but enough about my problems, and back to yours:sad2:

re accom......you have heaps of time.....just sit back with a glass of wine and enjoy the last days of autumn :hourglass

Still raining at yours? Whats going on with that? Syphon some down, the pool is getting a bit low :thumbsup2

What else do you have to plan?

Getting excited, can't wait for my luggage to get here!

I'm sure I'm over thinking this whole trip (as if:rotfl2:)...now freaking about have i paid too much in car hire...although you can tell I've been on school hols too long now, I need to get back to work:eek:

and, just booked our cruise for next march, and haven't even thought about this coming cruise in sept.......first world problem I know!

I'm now a cranky pirate pirate: all sodden and forlorn ..

I'm sure I'm over thinking this whole trip (as if:rotfl2:)...now freaking about have i paid too much in car hire...although you can tell I've been on school hols too long now, I need to get back to work:eek:

and, just booked our cruise for next march, and haven't even thought about this coming cruise in sept.......first world problem I know!

I'm now a cranky pirate pirate: all sodden and forlorn ..

I'm sort of thinking i'll leave everything until later (way later LOL), I work better under pressure.
School holidays LOL back to work and dealing with the rabble.

I saw you had another cruise booked, do you have two trips going at any one time or what? LOL
Love "first world problems", such a great term LOL

Cranky pirate pirate: go get yourself a wine :rolleyes1 then you'll feel anything but sodden :joker:

I'm sort of thinking i'll leave everything until later (way later LOL), I work better under pressure.
School holidays LOL back to work and dealing with the rabble.

I saw you had another cruise booked, do you have two trips going at any one time or what? LOL
Love "first world problems", such a great term LOL

Cranky pirate pirate: go get yourself a wine :rolleyes1 then you'll feel anything but sodden :joker:

too true....tucking into some tiny teddies....feel better now:wave2:

yep 2 cruises, the DH didnt want to have to fly anywhere next year (I'll try and cram a quick Hawaii trip in next sept when he's not looking):rolleyes1, so it'll be nice to leave from Sydney, and the boat looks AWESOME!!!!!

I'm sure my mortgage would have been paid off by now if I didn't enjoy the travel so much......

off to put kettle on and put DH to bed, he has work tomorrow :rotfl2:

Hi,

I'll definitely be following your PTR....it sounds like a really wonderful trip!!! Disney, cruising and NYC....what more could you want??:thumbsup2

How are things going with your accommodation bookings?

We are doing a kind-of-similar trip to you guys, but I really wish ours involved NYC! We have 5 nights in Anaheim (Sep 22 - 27), 3 nights in WDW at All Star Music (Sep 27 - Sep 30) and then a 4-night cruise on the Dream. We finish with 2 nights in LA on the way home.

Can I suggest an awesome NYC hotel? On our Honeymoon in 2008 we stayed at the Edison Hotel. It was on the cheaper end of the scale when I booked it, so we were very sceptical about it's quality. We were stunned: it was literally half a block off Times Sqaure, was large and grand, and the room was a decent size for NYC. We have always said we will stay there again. :):):) (That is....if we are ever lucky enough to get back tp NYC!).

The Fantasy will be great- what a lucky son you have!!

I look forward to reading more as we get closer to departure,

Cheers,

Stacey

Hi,

I'll definitely be following your PTR....it sounds like a really wonderful trip!!! Disney, cruising and NYC....what more could you want??:thumbsup2

How are things going with your accommodation bookings?

We are doing a kind-of-similar trip to you guys, but I really wish ours involved NYC! We have 5 nights in Anaheim (Sep 22 - 27), 3 nights in WDW at All Star Music (Sep 27 - Sep 30) and then a 4-night cruise on the Dream. We finish with 2 nights in LA on the way home.

Can I suggest an awesome NYC hotel? On our Honeymoon in 2008 we stayed at the Edison Hotel. It was on the cheaper end of the scale when I booked it, so we were very sceptical about it's quality. We were stunned: it was literally half a block off Times Sqaure, was large and grand, and the room was a decent size for NYC. We have always said we will stay there again. :):):) (That is....if we are ever lucky enough to get back tp NYC!).

The Fantasy will be great- what a lucky son you have!!

I look forward to reading more as we get closer to departure,

Cheers,

Stacey
Thanks Stacey, will definately have a look at the Edison, so far I haven't booked any extra accom LOL it's all too hard :p

Your trip sounds great, have you cruised before?
We may cross paths at WDW i'm sure it's not that big :joker:

I am so lucky with the way our trip worked out the way it has and that my DH is pretty easy going when it comes to travel, no third world countries though :rotfl2:

sounds like you're going to have a great trip!!! can't wait to hear all about it, especially the cruise as we're going in november on our first cruise!!

i love TR and PTRs... and this one is shaping up to be amazing!!

We're having 3 days in Orlando when we get in, just killing time really.
Shopping, Kennedy Space Centre and ?? LOL
Have found some accom that is mostly rated good, is a great price and the resort looks amazing :hyper:
I'm just in two minds, think there must be something wrong with it because the price is too good.
Hyatt Orlando Grand Cypress, thoughts?

Your trip sounds great, have you cruised before?
We may cross paths at WDW i'm sure it's not that big :joker:

I am so lucky with the way our trip worked out the way it has and that my DH is pretty easy going when it comes to travel, no third world countries though :rotfl2:

That's hilarious- I have to laugh... we have a very similar travel 'policy' in our house about where we are game to travel to! :):):)

We did a really small 'taster cruise' in February this year from Brisbane to Sydney. I should have known better than to choose the cruise line I did (let's just say it was not really our age bracket....) but I'm sure the Disney Cruise will be an amazing experience! Very jealous you'll be on the Fantasy!

Looking forward to reading more of the PTR, Becpee. Your trip sounds awesome so far! :-)

Andona

We're having 3 days in Orlando when we get in, just killing time really.
Shopping, Kennedy Space Centre and ?? LOL
Have found some accom that is mostly rated good, is a great price and the resort looks amazing :hyper:
I'm just in two minds, think there must be something wrong with it because the price is too good.
Hyatt Orlando Grand Cypress, thoughts?

Just wondering if you have considered staying at the Nickelodeon resort our kids :love: it and we would definitely stay there again.

Thanks for reading along, great to know I do have people following :goodvibes

Just wondering if you have considered staying at the Nickelodeon resort our kids :love: it and we would definitely stay there again.

It was looked at before I found this deal, and the cost for 3 nights at this hotel is 1/2 of what Nick is asking for the same time, if it seems too good to be true, is it? LOL
$324 for 3 nights, there is a resort fee if $22 per day but also a $200 food and bev credit per stay ::yes:: (so it says).

The reviews all look pretty good :hyper:

I think I want a camcorder ::yes::

Would be great to be able to relive the memories of our trip not only by photo but by some movies as well.

DH says "but it's $300" umm yeah, so what, you wanted an iPad and we got it LOL (not that I didn't want the iPad :lmao:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter