60 days out...up at midnight and Toy Story Mania FP+ is already out

smscrapbooks

Mouseketeer
I'm kind of shocked. I stayed up till midnight and when I went to book TSM FP+ for Toy Story Mania on October 16 (my 2nd to last day of my 9 day vacation) and they are already taken. Wow, is there a FP shortage or something? Or is it because my party has 8 people? I didn't even have trouble getting A and E. I got everything I wanted except this. Any strategies for getting TSM?

At least it let you in. It won't let me make any selections for our trip that starts on the 9th. I'm sorry you couldn't get TSMM. That's frustrating. Keep checking back, especially a week to 10 days before you trip. That's when people start to really finalize dining reservations and might change their FP+ selections around their meals, as well.

I think there might be something going on. Don't know if Disney is doing a refurb, something is wrong with the FP+ system, or what but there's been some discussion the past few days because there is no FP availability from October 15th onward. There is definitely something up because there is no way they can all be booked every day all of a sudden starting October 15th.

Read an article the other day about HS closing down so many attractions without new ones opening for a while. Said since there are fewer rides the lines would be longer for the ones that are left even if the park doesn't seem as busy.

Allears.net does have the ride on the refurbishment list, for the track expansion, somewhere between early 2015 and late 2016. With the remark that the ride will be open during the construction. However at some point, I guess they do have to close the ride at some point. I hope it will not be the case, but it could be they are planning construction week during your vacation.

http://allears.net/pl/refurbishments-and-closings.htm

I'm having Fastpass + issues in general. For some odd reason, I'm only seeing 30 days, from today, not 60. Our 60+10 mark opens tonight at midnight for our stay.

The FP+ System will not show your 60 day window until it is actually your 60 day window. Tonight at 12:01 AM it will magically change from 30 to 60 - so you should be good to go!

Thanks. I could have sworn, when I checked last week, that I could see further out...but...maybe the memory is going. :)

On topic...we are also going to be there the 16th. And our kiddies will be bummed if TSMM is actually closed for refurb during that time.

Has anyone tried calling to see what the issue is? I wonder if the system has been told inadvertently to not release them. If it was a construction shutdown, I would hope they would know already. However, I guess it's dependent upon the progress of the other track.

I have been following this. The "not available dates" keep expanding. At first it was just a few days, now it shows longer. This makes me sad. My planned HS day is Oct. 16th. We get there on the 12th, and have no other time to make it over to HS until the 16th (due to having to make ADR's so long ago....grrr..). Anyways, our last trip was the first time I had ever ridden it, and I LOVED it. So fun! And I was really looking forward to taking my parents on it this trip. It's one of the few really fun rides that I know my Mom would do. She does not ride roller coasters or any other thrill rides or anything like that. I'm actually considering skipping HS all together this trip now. It's not really worth it for me to make a trip there just for RnR for me, and ToT for my daughter. My older daughter was looking forward to the animation class, that's gone. Boo.....

I talked to someone at the call center and she was just as clueless. Said you can't even get one person FPs. If TSM isn't going to be open, it almost isn't worth it to go to HS. Anyone else agree?
We like TSMM but our favorite rides at DHS are Tower of Terror and RnR so we'll go even if TSMM is closed. DHS is at most a half day for us even if TSMM is open.

How late is the park open during your visit? If you can't get a FP+, we've often had good luck riding TSMM up to 4 times in the 9-10 pm hour. Most guests go to Fantasmic leaving the attraction lines very short.

I have also planned Oct 16th for DHS....Thank you everyone for sharing-I would have been very worried that it was ~me~. I imagine a trip back to the hotel for an afternoon swim or something...We also wanted to do the animation academy months ago when planning.

TSM is not on any refurb list for October, but its FP+ reservations are showing as completely unavailable from Oct. 15 through the 24th. That time has extended by one day as the window expands. There's something going on there and Disney refuses to clarify it.

TSM is not on any refurb list for October, but its FP+ reservations are showing as completely unavailable from Oct. 15 through the 24th. That time has extended by one day as the window expands. There's something going on there and Disney refuses to clarify it.

This sucks since our trip dates are October 15-24 and TSM is a favorite of ours. Frankly, TSM is one thing that keeps us in the park all day because we get there at RD to ride it AND we're willing to wait until close to get additional re-rides. Without TSM, I'll take the first JTA session to get that out of the way, use my Tier 1 on GMR, hit the Frozen singalong, and then ride Star Tours a few times and tap out of DHS. We'll definitely be done by noon. Blargh.

Hmmm, maybe I'll just use my FPs at a different park that day instead.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter