6 kids under the age of 6 take on WDW, will Santa still visit when we get home?

We stayed up last night made a schedule of some sorts and decided to make another day at MK instead of AK today, the kids are at a great age for MK and there was so much we missed the other day when we didn't have a plan of a attack. We called down before 10 p.m after getting home from Epcot to see if we could get a dining ressie for lunch and cancelled our lunch at Tusker House at AK and got one for Tony's again at 1:20 p.m. We liked it the other day and since we are a party of 10, beggers can't be choosers, so we went with it.

The alarm went off at 6 a.m. againg this morning, I hit the shower first while the boys were slowly waking up. By 7 a.m. the door between our connecting rooms was open and we were in a whirlwind to get out for breakfast. The kids would get so excited to see "Uncle Adam and Aunt Tracey" every morning and all 4 of the big kids would run back and forth between rooms while Tracey and I packed backpacks and diaper bags for the day. By 7:30 we were on our way back to Everything Pop for some breakfast. It was another beautiful day, nice and sunny and warm (snowing back home makes it even better!!) and mid 80's were expected again for today.

We made it to MK about 9 or so, missed the morning show but it was quiet enough on Main Street and we caught some of the morning entertainment while heading towards the castle.
Disney1208162.jpg

What a beautiful day!!! Can you imagine seeing this everyday?!!:cutie:
Disney1208163.jpg

Some sights along our way...
Disney1208164.jpg

The kids ready for a fun filled sunny day!!
Disney1208165.jpg

We decided to head right to Fantasyland, if you remember from my first day, we never went on IASW!! So I was hoping today would be THE day, to officially start my vacation, the way I always do!! :rotfl: But we made some pitstops on the way.....we road Winnie the Pooh first, headed to Snow White afterwards, we were just flying through the lines. We took a pit stop to take a look at a gift shop, I'm not sure of the name of it, but it's behind the castle in Fantasyland? Anyways, we owed Ethan a new hat since the one we bought him last year he outgrew and had to be handed down to Lucas already and he wanted to take a look around. Well, he found one right away and we couldn't resist, we had to get it. Now a little about Ethan....he's 6, just 6 in November but a very serious 6....it takes a lot to make him VERY excited, well this did and we had to get it for him.
Disney1208166.jpg

I swear, he immediately became Jack Sparrow...it was too cute!!:cutie:
Disney1208167.jpg

and then to.....yes, IASW!!!! Finally...we were there and got right on! I couldn't wait to ride and see Cole & Emmi's faces.:lovestruc Now, I will preface by saying.....this ride holds a special place in my heart because this is the way my Mom always started my vacations, the way my DH and I started our honeymoon and what we did with our boys last year when we took them, I"m not some crazy small singing doll crazy lady!!:lmao: My DH is convinced that if the ride ever stopped in there, he'd officially go crazy hearing that song over and over again and he's a bit freaked by dolls....so it's not his favorite. LOL!! But he's a good guy and humors his wife. :rolleyes1 We got right on the boat and off we went........
Disney1208168.jpg

Me and Cole:love: The moment I was waiting for.....you guys must think I'm nuts!! LOL! but you can see how excited I was by how big my smile was!!
Disney1208169.jpg

Disney1208171.jpg

Disney1208172.jpg

The kids enjoying it....not just their Mommy!!
Disney1208173.jpg

Disney1208174.jpg

Disney1208175.jpg

Disney1208176.jpg

Cole danced his way through the entire thing, he just LOVED it as much as his Mommy does. We were singing along together (or I was anyways!!) and he was bobbing up and down and pointing the whole time. It was just how I wanted it to be....we were all happy and ready for the rest of the day now!! Mommy was a happy girl!!:cloud9: As we approached the end of the ride, we came to a quick stop hitting the boat in front of us, and again and again....we got a bit closer to getting off and Adam stands up in the boat. Well, you would have thought he created a crime!!! He was yelled at by the CM for standing...the guys came running and it was quite the scene! I'm all for safetly and completely understand why it happened but it was really too funny!! We had a good chuckle later about it...who gets yelled at on IASW?!!:confused3 lol!!:rotfl:

To be continued.....

From there we decided to take a spin on the carousel.....my family anyways, Tracey and Adam decided to sneak off and take a look at some new pins for their kids while we did this.

Cole seemed to be getting tired at this point and was very happy to just sit and watch....
Disney1208177.jpg

While Jack Sparrow, I mean Ethan went for a ride....
Disney1208178.jpg

Lukey very excited!! last year he loved this ride so much we had to ride it twice back to back and when it was time to get off he threw the BIGGEST fit!!! We were hoping the same wouldn't happen this year!! And it didn't.....phew!
Disney1208179.jpg

Coley and I
Disney1208180.jpg

When it was time to get off, Cole now decided to be the one to throw a fit! :eek: So, I put him up on a horse and he was SO happy!!
Disney1208181.jpg

What a big boy....
Disney1208182.jpg

Since we had a late lunch scheduled, it was now time for a potty break and some snack

Adam and the babies
Disney1208183.jpg

Hailey
Disney1208185.jpg

And then we were off to Toontown.....

We decided to make our way over to Toontown...the kids couldn't wait!!
On the way over, Cole decided to make me a lovely present, so I went to change him, Emmi needed a bottle so it was a good time for the guys to take the big kids onto Barnstormer. We didn't do this last year (not sure why?!) and they couldn't wait to get on! I tried to get pictures, but they didnt' turn out at all..the kids were too small and the ride was too big for you to see them. But they had a blast and loved it!!! It was pretty fast for a kiddie ride!! Sorry I missed it, I would have liked to have gone on, oh well, there is always next time!!;)

From there we headed over to Minnie's house....Ethan and Lucas couldn't wait to pop popcorn in Minnie's kitchen, they loved it last year and wanted to show Hailey and Zach.

Disney1208186.jpg

I loved the decorations she had up for Christmas!!
Disney1208187.jpg

Lucas trying to get to the microwave to get a chance to pop some popcorn..boy, it was busy!!
Disney1208188.jpg

Disney1208190.jpg

Disney1208189.jpg

Adam and Tracey getting in on the fun!:laughing:
Disney1208191.jpg

Todd got out of there quick since it was so crowded a took a rest with Hailey and Cole
Disney1208192.jpg

I told you that Tracey and Adam would be celebrating their 10 year anniversary this week, so I tried when I could to take a nice pic of the lovebirds...(and Emmi!)
Disney1208193.jpg

Disney1208194.jpg

And now onto Mickey's house... some decorations on the way....
Disney1208195.jpg

Loved the lights on the front of Mickey's house
Disney1208196.jpg

Mickey's room
Disney1208197.jpg

Check out the lable on this package, it was cute!!
Disney1208198.jpg

the front door, they don't miss any details, do they?:confused3
Disney1208199.jpg

Mickey's Christmas tree
Disney1208200.jpg

The stockings hung by the chimney with love....
Disney1208201.jpg

Cole checking out the tree
Disney1208202.jpg

Some of the rooms in Mickey's house
Disney1208203.jpg

The kitchen being remodeled....
Disney1208204.jpg

Out in the yard, I love the plants...
Disney1208205.jpg

Disney1208206.jpg

From there, Tracey wanted to take Hailey to see the Princesses in the Judges tent and we wanted to take our boys to see Mickey again. So we went our seperate ways for about an hour or so.....

Wow, I get home from work and you've gotten 3 updates up today! I'm very impressed! The kids look like they're having so much fun at MK, too. And you did a great job framing that picture of Adam & Tracey in the heart at Minnie's house, it looked great!

(apparently, I'm a fan of exclamation points today... not sure why... :rotfl: )

Wow, I get home from work and you've gotten 3 updates up today! I'm very impressed! The kids look like they're having so much fun at MK, too. And you did a great job framing that picture of Adam & Tracey in the heart at Minnie's house, it looked great!

(apparently, I'm a fan of exclamation points today... not sure why... :rotfl: )

Thanks Michelle! You're probably a fan of exclaimation points today cause you read my TR! I love them and use them too much. :rotfl:

Hi Guys!
Just ordered my Photopass CD. Tracey and Adam were suppose to be working on it on their end but waited until the last minute, it expires tomorrow!! So, I just sent for it....249 pictures!!! But there are some good ones...I'll be selective and share them when we get the CD! If you want to see them, that is......maybe it's too much?!!:confused3

One more thing for tonight, I just realized I have had 2700 views on my report but not that many remarks. Lurkers, I know you're out there, come out, come out whoever you are!! :goodvibes Join our party!!:cool1:

Great update. Love all the pictures. Thought it was funny that I noticed you call your Cole, Coley as well. We do the same thing. We keep trying to stop now that he's talking more so he doesn't think it's his name,lol. His older brother Blake thought Blakey was his name for a while,lol.

ANyway, liked the pics of Mickey and Minnie's houses. We have never gone to see them but have to remember to check them out this year.

Glad you finally got to ride IASM, too funny about your hubby getting in trouble. Sounds like something that would happen to us.

Hi Kristen,

I just found your TR, and I'm really enjoying it! My favorite parts so far have been when the guys got wished a Happy Anniversary :rotfl2: and when you and Tracey got a chance to have a quiet lunch together at Le Cellier with the sleeping babies and get your girl talk in. How cool is it that you and your best friend have kids virtually the same ages? That's going to make for many years of good times together.

One more thing - I just can't believe with that many little kids, you haven't had any major meltdowns! :rotfl: Very impressive. :thumbsup2

Hi and welcome to my first ever PTR!!:flower3:

I hope I didn't scare you by my title, don't worry, they are not all mine! :) Just half of them are!!:rotfl: My name is Kristen, I'm 35, and I'm a self proclaimed Disney addict, I'm married to Todd, 33, for 8 years and we have 3 beautiful sons, Ethan who is 6, Lucas is almost 4 (we'll be celebrating he birthday on vacation, but will get to that later), and Cole is 17 mos. old. I've been to WDW a few times as a child, once as a graduation gift from HS (91), on our honeymoon (00) and we took our children for the first time last September (07). My best friend, Tracey, and I have been planning to take our children together when we just had our firsts but here we are, 3 kids later each and finally we're going!!!:banana: :banana:

We leave in less than 2 days now, I haven't packed a thing but I am more than ready (emotionally!)!! This will be our first trip to WDW during the holidays, we haven't seen Tracey and family in about 6 months and since we live in different states, only get to visit for a couple of days at a time so we're excited to have a whole week together!! It's SO exciting!!:yay: Today I'm doing laundrey, paying bills, getting the details to my cat sitter and mail picker upper (I know, that is not a word, but you know what I mean!), cleaning and tomorrow, I guess I"ll finally pack! The question is..what? The weather is crazy this time of year! I just checked Accuweather and it's from high 70's during the day to mid 40's at night and we can only take 4 suitcases!! :idea: So, I'll have to be creative for sure.

Okay...time to get that laundrey into the dryer:laundy: , thanks for stopping by and I'll log on later to add some pics of us and some plans for our upcoming holiday Grand Gathering!! :santa:

Hi neighbor! Im over here in Taunton and I just saw this TR (haven't made it past post 1 lol) and can't wait to join in!

Great updates from yesterday! Sounds like a lovely start to your day. I'm so glad you were able to ride IASW. :goodvibes

I really need to check out Toontown next trip.

And of course we want to see the photopass pictures!! :banana:

Ok, I am all caught up! Looks like a blast! I just did Disney with 8 of us, and that was tough, never mind 10 with 2 being under 2 years old! Can't wait to read more.

Great update. Love all the pictures. Thought it was funny that I noticed you call your Cole, Coley as well. We do the same thing. We keep trying to stop now that he's talking more so he doesn't think it's his name,lol. His older brother Blake thought Blakey was his name for a while,lol.

ANyway, liked the pics of Mickey and Minnie's houses. We have never gone to see them but have to remember to check them out this year.

Glad you finally got to ride IASM, too funny about your hubby getting in trouble. Sounds like something that would happen to us.

I know, I can't help but call him Coley...poor kid!!! But he's only 18 mos. so it's still okay, right!!?;) I still call Lucas "Lukey and Luke" too...no wonder Cole can't call him anything!! He doesn't know what his name is!! LOL!!:rotfl:

Gotta check out Toontown...the kids loves it. It's fun to cruise through and Cole will love it!!!

Ya, gotta love being scolded by the CM's....and I hate to admit it, it wasn't the last time "we" got in trouble!! :scared1:

Hi Kristen,

I just found your TR, and I'm really enjoying it! My favorite parts so far have been when the guys got wished a Happy Anniversary :rotfl2: and when you and Tracey got a chance to have a quiet lunch together at Le Cellier with the sleeping babies and get your girl talk in. How cool is it that you and your best friend have kids virtually the same ages? That's going to make for many years of good times together.

One more thing - I just can't believe with that many little kids, you haven't had any major meltdowns! :rotfl: Very impressive. :thumbsup2

Hi!!! Thanks for joining in!!!:goodvibes I think you listed my favorite parts too, so far. The guys were wished Happy Anniversary SO MANY more times on our trip, it was hysterical!!! :lmao: And, yes, Tracey and I thouroughly enjoyed that lunch, it was so nice and we really had an hour to ourselves (the guys are so good to us!!). We did have a few more quiet times, I"ll get to that later. And even if it wasn't quiet, we had time to play together with our kids, so it was SO nice!!! I miss her so much......

I know! The kids were SO GOOD! We really couldn't have ordered better children for that week. Especially since Lucas and Zach still nap a couple of times a week, Cole always naps in his crib and we just lucked out, they would pass out in the stroller and we were good to go. They were angels.

Stay tuned, hope to write more later today when the kids are napping.....

Hi neighbor! Im over here in Taunton and I just saw this TR (haven't made it past post 1 lol) and can't wait to join in!

Hi!! Thanks for joining in!! We are neighbors!! It really is a small world after all!!;) I want to check out your PTR, you've got a trip coming up soon, don't you?!!

Great updates from yesterday! Sounds like a lovely start to your day. I'm so glad you were able to ride IASW. :goodvibes

I really need to check out Toontown next trip.

And of course we want to see the photopass pictures!! :banana:

Thanks LL, when I get them, I"ll share some of my favorites...since there are almost 250 of them....that will probably be at least 50 of them!! LOL!! You asked for it...lol!!:rotfl: Sorry that I didn't get it sooner to add in along the way.....should I just do an update of Photopass pics themselves?? Ideas?:confused3

Toontown is kiddie but cute and worth walking through...and you can catch the train there go for a nice ride, too!!! :thumbsup2

Ok, I am all caught up! Looks like a blast! I just did Disney with 8 of us, and that was tough, never mind 10 with 2 being under 2 years old! Can't wait to read more.

WOW, you're fast!! Thanks for reading!! Yes, 10 is a lot...you couldn't miss us!! Especially with all the baby gear...strollers, backpacks, diaper bags, toys, baby backpacks...oh and 4 other kids...lol!!:rotfl: We were quite the sight. It was so much fun though the kids were at a great age!! Can't wait to see your report....8 is a lot, too! Where there many kids? Hope you had a great time!!!!:goodvibes

Okay everyone, I"m hoping to update later today...no guarantees, though. Cole has a fever, just got back from the dr. and have to watch him today. Ethan should be home soon from Kindergarten and Lucas seems pretty needy today...so we'll see how it goes. Hope everyone has a great day and I"ll talk to you all soon!!!:goodvibes

Okay, I can't contain myself!!! I've been talking to my DH about us planning another trip to WDW for my Mom's 60th birthday next December...he keeps telling me to get a quote and try and figure it out....well, today I booked!!!!!!!!!!!:cool1: We're going 9/21-25 and it will be me, Mom and my sister. It's been YEARS since the three of us have done anything alone, my sister lives in Hilton Head and my Mom and I are here in MA, but before now, I lived in Philly for 11 years so it's been years since we've all been together for anything other than a week or so a year. I called my Mom tonight to suprise her and see what she thought since I have to work around her schedule, too, and she is just over cloud 9!!!:cloud9: Yippy!!!!! Thanks for letting me share!!!:goodvibes

:cheer2: Gotta make a new ticker! Woohoo!!!!!:cheer2:

Okay, I can't contain myself!!! I've been talking to my DH about us planning another trip to WDW for my Mom's 60th birthday next December...he keeps telling me to get a quote and try and figure it out....well, today I booked!!!!!!!!!!!:cool1: We're going 9/21-25 and it will be me, Mom and my sister. It's been YEARS since the three of us have done anything alone, my sister lives in Hilton Head and my Mom and I are here in MA, but before now, I lived in Philly for 11 years so it's been years since we've all been together for anything other than a week or so a year. I called my Mom tonight to suprise her and see what she thought since I have to work around her schedule, too, and she is just over cloud 9!!!:cloud9: Yippy!!!!! Thanks for letting me share!!!:goodvibes

Kristen...OMG!!! I'm so excited for you!!! That is so great! Where did you book? Have you decided anything specific...where to eat? what to do? or will you play it by ear...so, much easier to do with no kiddos. Also, I've heard that that time of year is now the slowest!!! Could it get any better?!? WOW!!!

WOO HOO!! I am so excited for you!! :yay: :woohoo: :dance3:

Kristen...OMG!!! I'm so excited for you!!! That is so great! Where did you book? Have you decided anything specific...where to eat? what to do? or will you play it by ear...so, much easier to do with no kiddos. Also, I've heard that that time of year is now the slowest!!! Could it get any better?!? WOW!!!

I couldn't wait to tell you!!!:goodvibes I'm super excited but when I think too much about it, I feel so guilty too going without Todd and the boys. I"m sure the guilt will go away quick enough when we're there!! LOL! But I've never been away that long without my kiddos...I'm not a bad Mom, am I?:confused3We're going to stay at Pop, I got the 5 day tickets and the dining plan again....this way it give us a chance to try some new places. I"m going to let Mom pick out where she wants to eat every night for our TS since it's her birthday present.:cutie: As far as the plan of attack goes...not sure, my sister is coming out for a visit in about 3 weeks, so maybe we'll have a little planning session? Woohoo! I'm going back to Disney World!!!!!!:goodvibes

WOO HOO!! I am so excited for you!! :yay: :woohoo: :dance3:

Thanks LL!! I didn't think I'd go back for 2-3 more years since Todd thinks we should wait a bit longer to go so there isn't so much baby equipment, naps, et al for us to worry about and I think he's right. The boys will be 8, 6 and 4 ish next time and that would be perfect, I think. SO, at least this gives me a fill without having to wait so long!! And, me and Mom get to do IASW together again!! LOL!!:rotfl: Just in case you were wondering where we'd start out trip!!! :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter