6 days of DDP, Le Cellier, Teppanyaki, 50's Prime time COMPLETE!!

Day Five

DH and I got a bagel and Coke from the Everything Pop food court OOP for breakfast. So not adding it to out DDO total.

Cantina San Angel-Lunch 2 CS $28
Plato Combinacion (me)
Cantina Nachos (dh)
Conga Fruit Drink (me)
Coke (dh)
Churros x 2

I had read mixed reviews on the Cantina, but we were at Epcot and were at Mexico when lunch came around so we tried it. It was great!!! It was not very crowded and the weather was great for an outside lunch. It was alot of food for the price and good use of a CS IMO. The line wasn't that long and only took us 5 min from getting in line to when we got our food. DH is nacho freak and loved the nachos. Other theme park nachos are usually served cold, but this one was served warm. My combo platter was great. The taco and quesadilla were warm and yummy. I'm not a big fan of black beans, but the beans where really good. My only complaint is that the food is served in styrofoam containers that aren't envirofriendly and the presentation left something to be desired. But the food was delicious so it made up for it. The churro's were warm and chewy!! The conga fruit drink was different but good.

LeCellier-Dinner 2 TS $113+$10 for extra tip
Cheddar Cheese Soup (split)
Shrimp Cocktail (split)
7 oz. Filet Mignon (dh)
Le Cellier Mushroom Filet Mignon (me)
Coke (dh)
Mango Smoothie (me)
Creme Brulee Sampler (me)
ChocolateWhiskey Cake (dh, but I ate most of it later)

This was our favorite meal of the whoel trip. It was raining and we were hungry so we arrived 1 hour before our PS time. They were able to accomodate us and we were seated with 15 minutes of checking in. :goodvibes The dining room is small and cozy. I loved the themeing, gave you a luxurious feeling. Our server was great, he was very attentive, accomodating and our drinks were never empty. Our bread and drinks arrived within 5 minutes of sitting down. The pretzel bread is to die for. My smoothie was sweet and tart at the same time, also it was good size portion for the price. First off I thought it was great that our server split up my soup so we could both have our own bowls. The shrimp cocktail wasn't what you normally think of as shrimp cocktail. It came in an asian bowl with chopsticks and was coated in a chili cocktail sauce with delicious wasabi slaw as a garnish. It was awesome, not what you would typically consider "Canadian", but I will be ordering it on our next trip in Aug. My streak was tender and juicy and cooked to perfection. The mushroom risotto was the best risotto I have ever had. Actually it was the best steak I have ever had as well. DH maple filet was awesome as well. I was a little leary of the maple bbq sauce, as personally not liking sweet stuff on my steak, but it was rich and tangy. DH mashed potatoes were super yummy, I almost ordered a side of them for myself, but wasn't THAT hungry. This is a great restaurant. I know alot of people don't like it, but this is my fav restaurant at WDW. Onto dessert, DH was full and only took a couple of bites of his whiskey chocolate cake (no longer on the menu), but had it packed up for later. I had it later for a midnight snack and it was rich and moist and chocolately. Didn't really taste the whiskey though. DH liked what little he had of it though. My creme brulee was warm and gooey and wonderful. The top was crackily like it was supposed to be. Our server was again great, we didn't feel rushed and our courses where served in timely manner. We ended up leaving an extra $10 tip for him. We started up a nice converstion with the couple next to us, they had just arrived and were on the dining plan as well. They were going to change an ADR to come back later in their trip. Overall this is a great value on the dining plan. We would not have been able to eat here if we had to pay OOP. As another bonus when we left the restaurant it had stopped raining and Illuminations was starting. We got a pretty good view and saw stuff we missed from the night before.

Day Six

Columbia Harbor House-Lunch 2 CS $27
Cokes x 2
Captain's Special (me)
Fried Chicken Strips (dh)
Chocolate Sake (split)
Apple Crisp (split)

We were going to go to either Columbia Harbor House or Pinochio Village house for lunch. CHH was right outside Haunted Mansion (which is going to be closed for our Aug trip :mad: ) and the lines didn't seem to long. I scoped out a seat while DH stood in line and got our food. Only about 15 min from getting in line to getting food. Our longest wait at CS the whole trip, but not that long considering how busy the park was that day. I really liked the fish & chicken. It's fried food, but wasn't overly greasy. DH really liked his chicken strips. Portions were a good size and overall a good value. The restaurant has ample seating and the atmosphere was nice. I pan on going back on our next trip.

Mrs. Potts Cupboard-Afternoon Snack 2 Snack credits $7
Brownie Sundae (me)
Sundae with strawberry sauce (dh)

It was a muggy afternoon, and we were looking for a sweet snack. We were in fantasyland, the line wasn't long and we still had 6 snack credits left. The CM behind the counter was actually from my hometown in MI, so that was a nive little surprise. The brownie sundae was devine. the brownie was warm and gooey and the ice cream hit the spot. DH liked his ice cream as well!! This was a good use of snack credits IMO.

Mitsukoshi Teppanyaki-Dinner 2 TS $92
Garden Salad x2
Fujiyama x 2 (NY sirloin and shrimp)
Green tea Ice Cream (me)
Vanilla Ice Cream (dh)
Coke (dh)
Tea (me)

I had been looking forward to this meal all week. We arrived 45 minutes early and we were hungry. Unfortunately they were packed that night and couldn't seat till our PS time. We were seated within 5 minutes of our PS time though. There were 3 other couples at our table and everyone was excited for the dinner show and very friendly. The couple to our left were retired and she used to work for Disney. She said that the dining plan was the best thing disney had done in several years. The theming of this restaurant is elegant Japanese. It was nice, but looking a little dated. They are closing soon for a 5 month renovation, unfortunately for us they open back up the day after we leave in august :(. Our chef was not as entertaining as chefs I saw at other tables. He did the requisite Onion volcano, but not much more. Regardless the food was out of this world. The vegtables where cooked great and the noodles hit the spot. Our sirloin was cooked perfectly and was very tasty. The same for the shrimp. Everyone at the table ordered the same entree, so that made it easy on the chef. The sauces provided for the mean and seafood were delicious. Our ice cream desserts came with sprinkles, so I felt like a little kid. I highly recommend this place. I can;t wait to go back after the renovation to see what it looks like. My only complaint is that sushi is not available with the DDP.

Everything Pop food Court- breakfast/snacks 4 snack credits $15
Tie-dye Cheesecake
Bagel and cream cheese
Large Water
Bag of Chip and Dale Pretzels

Ok, the morning we checked out we still had 4 snack credits to use. DH & I headed over to the Everything Pop food court used up the rest of our snacks. We got some stuff for the road and split a bagel. The tie-dye cheesecake was yummy. I wanted to get the Twinkie Tiramasu, but couldn't find any.

On a side note, we paid OOP for Cokes and drinks averaging about 2 each per day. We thought it was a waste of a snack credit to use it on a $2.39 coke. When we go in Aug we will probably use thesnackcredits on the 2 little ones.

TOTAL SPENT AND SAVED:
We paid $455.88 for the DDP for both of us for 6 days worth of food. If you ad up all the snacks, counter service and table service (not including extra tip we left) we would have spent $762. That is a savings of over $300. There is no way we would have eaten at any TS if we had not been on the plan. On our previous trip in Jan '05 we spent over $1000 for 7 days just DH, DD and myself and only ate 2 sit down meals outside of the park. The rest were CS or fast food outside the park. I am a big supporter of the dining plan, now only if they offered it with a stay at Shades of green.

I hope you have enjoyed my reviews, I look forward to writing the reviews for our upcoming Aug trip with 15 people on the DDP, I promise to include photos. :cutie:

If you have any questions please feel free to pm me!!! Have a disney day!!

AWESOME reveiws! I love that you mentioned Tony's tomato pesto dip - I had it years ago and I loved it. I mentioned that I loved the dip when I was there and the waiter brought me the recipe - I thought it was nice. Unfortunately it disappeared before I returned home and I have always wanted to go back and get it again. Thanks again for taking the time to post!
:thumbsup2

Thanks for the detailed reviews. Looking forward to your August ones. we don;t go back until Nov. :sad:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter