5th person room options

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikewdw

wdw coach
just wondering if anyone has experience with this. i know the official Disney position is that an All Star only sleeps 4 but we have a 5yr girl and twin boys who will be 3 next year. is there any way Disney would accept us in a room at an All Star? we would probably sleep all kids in one bed and us in other. any way to ask for an exception or will we have to move up to POR. we wont lie and say we only have 2 or that the boys are 2.
thanks,
mikewdw

Not in a four person room.
"Maximum of 4 Guests plus child under age 3 in crib "

They'll make you get a family suite.

I recommended Port Orleans, it's cheaper than a family suite at a value resort.

We have the same issue. I have 7yo triplets:dance3: and have dealt with this for the past 3 years. On one of our trips, my parents came with us, so we rotated one child sleeping in their room each night. But for all of the other trips, we have always made a reservation for 4 and just put the 5th person in the room. Disney has never questioned us when we show up at the reservation desk with 3 kids. I know I was bucking the system, but at the time just couldn't afford the additional expense of the larger rooms they required for 5.

If you are booking a package, you will only get the package deal for 4. You will have to buy an additional ticket for the 5 person. Also, if you do dining plan it would only be for 4 and you would have to pay by the additional person.

I would highly recommend staying at the Port Orleans Riverside. You can get a room in the Alligator Bayou section. They are set up with a trundle bed under one of the beds to handle the 5th person. Also the rooms in the Moderate resorts are bigger and just make life a little easier with 3 little ones. We have found having the two sinks that the Moderate resorts have to be a big help as well.

Do what is best for your family. If you need to put 5 in a 4 person room, you can do it. I did a lot of pricing in the last few days as I just booked us for Mardi Gras week because of the Buy 4 Get 3 free deal. I found that booking the 4 person package for just tickets and rooms at a Moderate resort and buying the 5th ticket separate were the same if you booked the package for 5 at the Moderate resorts. Obviously, if you can get the 5 of you in a Value resort you will save money booking the 4 person package and then adding the addtional ticket compared to having to book the 5 person package at a Moderate resort.

Hope this made sense as I know I have rambled on quite a bit and it is getting late.:surfweb:

Keep in mind that disney would have every legal right to kick you out if you did that. Its against fire safety codes and if the 5th person wasnt on the res they couldnt do DDP, they couldnt do extra magic hours, they couldnt get on magical express....

You might also look into the cabins at Fort Wilderness. They have tons of room. Of course, I realize you're going up in price too.

We have the same issue. I have 7yo triplets:dance3: and have dealt with this for the past 3 years. On one of our trips, my parents came with us, so we rotated one child sleeping in their room each night. But for all of the other trips, we have always made a reservation for 4 and just put the 5th person in the room. Disney has never questioned us when we show up at the reservation desk with 3 kids. I know I was bucking the system, but at the time just couldn't afford the additional expense of the larger rooms they required for 5.

If you are booking a package, you will only get the package deal for 4. You will have to buy an additional ticket for the 5 person. Also, if you do dining plan it would only be for 4 and you would have to pay by the additional person.

I would highly recommend staying at the Port Orleans Riverside. You can get a room in the Alligator Bayou section. They are set up with a trundle bed under one of the beds to handle the 5th person. Also the rooms in the Moderate resorts are bigger and just make life a little easier with 3 little ones. We have found having the two sinks that the Moderate resorts have to be a big help as well.

Do what is best for your family. If you need to put 5 in a 4 person room, you can do it. I did a lot of pricing in the last few days as I just booked us for Mardi Gras week because of the Buy 4 Get 3 free deal. I found that booking the 4 person package for just tickets and rooms at a Moderate resort and buying the 5th ticket separate were the same if you booked the package for 5 at the Moderate resorts. Obviously, if you can get the 5 of you in a Value resort you will save money booking the 4 person package and then adding the addtional ticket compared to having to book the 5 person package at a Moderate resort.

Hope this made sense as I know I have rambled on quite a bit and it is getting late.:surfweb:

Did you not read the part where the OP said she would not lie and say she only had four?

OP - I respect your integraty. I'm sorry - I know of no way to book a four person room with five people even though the people are small. Try POR its one of my favorite hotels on property.

There is a reason why it is a 4 person room and not a 5 person room. Safety ring a bell? The op stated that she would not lie.

OP I would go with POR. Friends of ours just returned from there and they loved it. You will have a great time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter