5K WDW 2017 Marathon Newbie- Have A Few Questions

Second question--I saw where headphones are discouraged due to the possibility of missing announcements, etc. Is this strictly enforced, and if not do people generally comply?

(I like my tunes! Just downloaded "We Know the Way" for a good solid running pace tune...)

Second question--I saw where headphones are discouraged due to the possibility of missing announcements, etc. Is this strictly enforced, and if not do people generally comply?

(I like my tunes! Just downloaded "We Know the Way" for a good solid running pace tune...)
It's not enforced. You can wear your headphones as you wish.

Personally I don't wear headphones for rundisney races because they have plenty of oncourse music and entertainment to keep my mind going.

Headphones are "discouraged," not banned, so there is no reason to be concerned. Like @rteetz I never wear them at Disney, but there is no reason others can't.

Last edited:

I'm having jitters about this thing--I'm thrilled that I reached the C25K point I was at when I hurt myself (22 minutes), and I'm optimistic that I might well accomplish running the entire thing--but now I'm wondering if that's a realistic or desirable goal. It sounds as though there are a lot of fun "stops" along the way and I'm wondering if my determination is getting in the way of enjoying myself.

On the other hand it would be awesome to complete my first 5K non-stop--this is what I set out to do four years ago.

Nervous? Me? Not at all why do you ask....?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter