50s PTC in summer

McFlea

Mouseketeer
We've never been, but have a reservation for lunch in August (8/23). I know the menu is comfort food, and it seems a bit heavy for the summer. The reason we chose it is because we've been wanting to try it (mostly for atmosphere), we've eaten at Sci Fi, and don't really have any desire for any other place in HS. We're also thinking it will be a nice break from the heat, and we'll share meals to cut down on the amount of food. Have you eaten here in summer? Did you feel too full for walking around in the heat after? (I'm actually thinking of taking a break back at POR right after this lunch). Also, what would you recommend on the menu? TIA :)

Doesn't really matter what time of year it is, we always enjoy eating here. I usually get the fish of the day or a chicken caesar or sometimes we do a few appetizers. And the best ending for us is definitely Dad's Brownie Sundae (it is the best!!) I would actually dine there just for that. If I choose to eat it with a meal I will eat a salad because that always balances it out so I don't feel too full!! :rotfl2:

(Some of the most popular items are the meatloaf and the pot pie).

Feel free to check out my review with photos.
50s PRIME TIME CAFE

If you want to try 50's Prime Time Cafe, I wouldn't let the time of year dissuade you. There are lighter options on the menu, like salad and fish. If you're most interested in experiencing the atmosphere, you'll find something suitable to eat, especially if you share.

And the best ending for us is definitely Dad's Brownie Sundae (it is the best!!) I would actually dine there just for that. If I choose to eat it with a meal I will eat a salad because that always balances it out so I don't feel too full!! :rotfl2:

Dad's Brownie Sundae is no longer available at 50's PT. It has been replaced with "Mom's Brownie", and is a shell of what it used to be. Still good, but a lot smaller. We ate there a month ago today, and I was quite disappointed about Dad's Sundae no longer being offered.

We ate there in August once and felt fine! Got the chicken pot pie and meatloaf... Yum

We ate in October on a day that was over 90 degrees. We shared the Caesar Salad with Salmon & the sampler platter ( forgot the name, it has fried chicken, pot roast & meatloaf).
It was pretty filling but we didn't have a big breakfast. We went back to POFQ afterwards but we usually do that after lunch no matter where we ate.

We almost always wind up eating at 50s PTC. This summer I'll probably get the chicken caesar salad so I can still fit on rides later in the trip. :tongue:

*Also, what is this heresy about Dad's brownie sundae not being on the menu anymore??!! Good thing I was sitting down when I read this.

i always get the fried chicken, and ask for all thighs. Doesn't matter what time of year or weather. Plus, if you plan on going back to your resort afterwards, that's perfect, as you will have leftovers.

I always eat at 50s Prime Time and always get the meatloaf. April, June, or October. Last time I got the clean plate sticker. Yum. Wish I could have it tonight.

Dad's Brownie Sundae is no longer available at 50's PT. It has been replaced with "Mom's Brownie", and is a shell of what it used to be. Still good, but a lot smaller. We ate there a month ago today, and I was quite disappointed about Dad's Sundae no longer being offered.

I object. >:(

Also, a hot summer's day is the perfect time for a nice, cool Dad's Electric Lemonade!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter