50'S Primetime - thanks Kevin!

Disneybridein2k3

I am and I'm not afraid to admit
I was so happy to hear the review of the 50's Primetime Cafe! We have an ADR for this restaurant for next month. When we went one time years ago with my family, my dad didn't finish his green beans. Instead, he put them in my daughter's plastic cup (child's drink cup) and put the lid on it. When our "cousin" came to our table, my daughter told on my dad who was banished to another family's table. He had to spend the rest of his time at the restaurant with a family from NJ who thought it was as funny as we did. It was hilarious! On a more recent girls trip, I was trying to get my friend in trouble for not eating but instead I got in trouble for being a tattle tail! In the end, she still got in trouble and had to sit in the corner with our server playing the tune of "nanny nanny boo boo" on his kazoo. He told my friend that she had more problems than a math book! I'm very pleased to hear the pot roast was a hit because that is what I order when we go there. So thanks Kevin for another great review! :thumbsup2

~Stacy

I agree about the steak. When we went last year everything was awesome and the service great, but the steak was prob the worst I've had. Mine was dry and not flavorful (I've never had liver so I don't know if mine tasted like one or not), the root hash was over salted and mushy. I was offered another one after I gave up on it halfway thru, but since we had the dining plan I declined since I had ate most of the appeitizers and knew we had 3 desserts coming. I picked at my wifes chicken, it was good but salty (her fault, not restraunts, she over salts everything.)

Thanks for your review Kevin! I really appreciated you letting us know that the server was able to adjust the show to your party. I've put off taking DH to this restaurant, because he does not enjoy being picked on or called out in a crowd and thought it would make for a nightmare experience. After your review, I think I may reconsider, because I know he would enjoy the atmosphere. You do a great job covering all aspects of the restaurant and not just the food and I truly appreciate that. :thumbsup2

Thanks Kevin and the others for the review of 50's. You have made me want to change my ADR. However, we arrive in WDW on Jan. 19th and 50's closes for re-furb on the 20th. If we eat on the 19th, will we be getting the last of the frozen chicken? Will we be getting whatever is left in the cabinet? I guess what I am trying to say is will the food quality be worse because it is the last day it is open? Thanks again!

You guys never fail to make me laugh (and I often need to).

Thanks Kevin, I really want to try this restaurant but since we have no ADRs at all for our holiday, and it's only a matter of days until we go away :-)banana: ) then we are going to try and walk up but it's not going to be the end of the world if we can't get a table

When you check in for your reservation/ADR at 50sPTC you can also make a note to the host/hostess that you are interested in having an interactive, or maybe a not so interactive experience. They will seat you with the waitstaff that fits the type of experience you are looking for. I was there in Dec 06 and we told the hostess that we were interested in having a really upbeat, interactive experience and boy did we ever. We got Aunt Patty, who was totally in the zone.

I like PTC and I can't wait to use that new chicken bone knowledge. That's really a handy trick to know.

We had lunch at 50s Primetime last Sept and I ordered the fried cheese (loved it, but I am a cheese fan...gimme some gouda and I'm good), fried chicken with green beans no southern greens (didnt care for the chicken either) and the smores (I had 2 bites of smores and it was too rich for me).

Our server didn't partake in the funny cousin role. Although that could be us because our server at Whispering Canyon was the same.

I'm glad we went because I was really curious and the menu sounded good, but for me it will be awhile before I return. I am trying Hollywood Brown Derby in less than 2 months.

we always go to the 50's prime time cafe at least once...
they usually remember us, since i always call 24 hours in advance and speak with the chef to special order our meals (they are soooooooooooooooooo accommodating there you wouldn't believe it.....and you wouldn't expect it of a theme park restaurant)...

we have always had very interactive CMs which we love (we're very interactive sort of people)...

the last time i was there, i took my sister who is very very very anti-disney...
when we checked in at the podium i told the CM that i wanted a really really special server since my sister had never been there before...
we ended up with an amazing server....she was great....as was the CM who seated us....she got into the act too.....my sister had such a GREAT time she still talks about it.....it was the first time i'd ever eaten there for dinner and i was pleasantly surprised by the dinner menu (i had salmon which was pretty good)....

it's the only restaurant at WDW that is a must for us (plus the earl of sandwich)...

The potatoes are PTC are off color because they are Yukon Gold potatoes. They are actually yellow in color. We eat them all the time.

And the chicken is first baked, then fired. I'm sure they get it frozen, but it's not pre-cooked. They use the same recipe that is used at Trails's End (according to a CM I spoke with at Trail's End. I asked her for the recipe!)

Sorry you didn't like the food. Been eating there for quite some time now, and have never had a bad meal. But then again, I always go for the chicken.

If I want a steak, I go to Smith and Wollensky's or Ruth Chris. Unless I'm in Oklahoma City, then I go to the Stockyards!! I try to avoid steaks at WDW, I'm always disapointed.

Dag

If you haven't before I'd suggest giving the Peanut Butter and Jelly Shake a try...it was awesome...my wife was actually upset at me because we got it to go and I sucked it down before we even finished walking to Fantasmic..

--Mr. DB

I have no problem with yukon gold potatos. We eat them all the time as well.

My problem is that they werent gold...they were grey and watery (made with water instead of milk or cream) and had cold, congealed gravy on top. Not at all appetizing and not to my liking.

Have had great steak at the Concourse Steakhouse, Le Cellier and Jiko...never been disappointed in any of those places.

As I have said before.....I consider what I do a form of entertaiment and I state my opinion. Every should go and see for themselves.

Kevin

You're a good man Kevin, and as entertaing as hell!!!

I'm going back down next weekend, so I'll give Le Cellier another go.

I think I'll avoid the grey spuds on this trip.

BTW: I used the TiVo podcast hook to pull in your podcast. Works very well. You're now on my favorites list, along with Car Talk.

Dag.

I have no problem with yukon gold potatos. We eat them all the time as well.

My problem is that they werent gold...they were grey and watery (made with water instead of milk or cream) and had cold, congealed gravy on top. Not at all appetizing and not to my liking.

Have had great steak at the Concourse Steakhouse, Le Cellier and Jiko...never been disappointed in any of those places.

As I have said before.....I consider what I do a form of entertaiment and I state my opinion. Every should go and see for themselves.

Kevin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts