50's Prime Time Portion Size

PrincessMe

Mouseketeer
Has anyone ever tried to get a smaller portion of fried chicken at the 50's Prime TIme Cafe?

I'm normally a small eater and dependent on my husband to finish all my meals. But I love fried chicken and he doesn't eat meat or poultry. I know I'll never finish 3 pieces by myself but I hate to see it go to waste (although it might be fun to get scolded). Is the fried chicken there even worth all this thought??!!??

PrincessMe said:
Has anyone ever tried to get a smaller portion of fried chicken at the 50's Prime TIme Cafe?

I'm normally a small eater and dependent on my husband to finish all my meals. But I love fried chicken and he doesn't eat meat or poultry. I know I'll never finish 3 pieces by myself but I hate to see it go to waste (although it might be fun to get scolded). Is the fried chicken there even worth all this thought??!!??

The fried chicken at Prime Time is worth any amount of thought necessary IMHO; do what you must! <g>

Seriously - it's really good; have you considered the sampler platter?

cymbaldiva said:
The fried chicken at Prime Time is worth any amount of thought necessary IMHO; do what you must! <g>

Seriously - it's really good; have you considered the sampler platter?

Pot roast and meatloaf are some of my worst nightmares from my childhood so the sampler is a no go. I think I'm just going to have to go all in on the chicken and I'll take my licks for what I don't finish. :).

Dessert won't be an issue since I still have to have the smackdown in my brain over which Starring Rolls cupcake I need to eat.

I wouldn't risk getting a smaller portion size. What if it's not enough? Then you're stuck..

davedmaine said:
I wouldn't risk getting a smaller portion size. What if it's not enough? Then you're stuck..

I'd have to get dessert. And both cupcakes! =)

Seriously, though, I'm really short. It doesn't take much to power me. I can barely finish the average quick service child's meal.

Disney recycles all unused food into fertilizers & uses the scraps for something useful so it will not go to waste trust me.

Ask for just breast meat portions.

You'll get both a smaller quantity and higher quality.

I always take it back to the room and put it in the fridge! Love cold fried chicken!!

Perhaps your husband would like the Pot Roast or the Meatloaf in the combo platter and then you could have the chicken and then dessert!

I don't care for the meatloaf so I order 2 Pot Roasts and the chicken! My son, eats 1/2 my Pot Roast! We have this meal as dinner, late in the day, there's no riding after this!

Thank you all so much for your help with this. I love that we have a place where we can discuss these somewhat silly but still Very Important issues. I think I spend so much energy thinking about these things just so I can spend more time dreaming about the fun we will have!

No fried chicken kid's meal so I think I'm just going to pack a ziplock and order the regular plate. If it too hot to safely carry around the leftovers, I'll leave them on the plate for the fertilizer machine.

DH is always happy to eat for two (and sometimes three) and I usually order with him in mind, but he eats no meat other than fish so I'm on my own for The Great Fried Chicken Challenge!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!