50's Prime Time or Coral Reef

talanjohn

Earning My Ears
I know these restaurant are very different, but I keep tweaking my ADR's and some how I need to get rid of one.

Who is in your group? How many and ages...

I vote for Coral Reef. We've always had a great time there. Some of my family members weren't too thrilled with 50's PT. My DD (late teens) & my Dsis weren't happy with their meals. They also didn't like "Cousin" insisting they finish their meals. We all enjoyed our meals at Coral Reef & the service was very good.

There will be two adults and two 11 year old boys. I think they would probably prefer the ice cream shakes at prime time, but the atmosphere at Coral Reef is unique. Prime Time fits better with the itinerary, but I'm still not sure which to do.

Tough question!:idea: We did both during our trip in Nov & loved them so much. I know this sounds crazy, but is there any way you can swing both? They are both so unique in their own way.

I am not much help - good luck!:thumbsup2

My wife and I did the Prime Time during our honeymoon and we were turned off by the cast members. I am usually one to get into that type of thing, but not there. The food wasn't good enough to compensate.

50's Prime Time Cafe would be my vote. I think it offers enough of a variety that everyone can find something they will like. They have great milkshakes, burgers, onion rings, a really good chicken pot pie etc. I've eaten at Coral Reef and while it's got a great atmosphere I found the food just o.k.

We also love both but I think your boys would prefer Prime Time. Sure, the food is pretty ordinary but what could be more fun than seeing your parents get in trouble for not eating all their vegetables, etc? You'll save a few bucks there too.

Coral Reef is nicer with better food but not as much fun and you can see most of the "view" at the Living Seas anyway. If you think you'll go back to WDW another time, the guys will appreciate it more when they're older.

I am voting for Coral Reef. We have only eaten here once (going back in Aug) but we really enjoyed it. The atmosphere is SO COOL!

My DH and I ate at Prime Time a long time ago. It was ok. We haven't been back because I know my DDs would find the whole pushy waitress/waiter thing completely annoying.

My vote is for Coral Reef. One of my favorite meals is here....THE blackened catfish with pepperjack cheese grits finished off with a chocolate wave..uummm:lovestruc
My dd7 also enjoys the grilled fish,mashed potatoes and steamed veggies-pretty nice for a child's selection.She finishes her's off with a make your own sundae!:thumbsup2
Have fun deciding!!:rolleyes:

We love 50's prime time. We had adr's for 905 and it was almost 45 before we were seated and we had decided right then we weren't coming back until we had the most awesome waiter Cousin Cooper He turned our experience around he was so awesome. I recommend that anyone who goes asks to sit in his section. I know we will when we go back.
Sunday

Take a look at the menus for both and go from there.

I *really* wanted to do Coral Reef because my kids love all that underwater/sea world stuff. But, after looking at the menu, there's just no way that we'd come close to being "satisfied" with our meals and I could totally see us all walking away hungry. We just aren't seafood people.

I opted to cut Coral Reef and keep 50s Prime Time. The menu is more appealing for us, the prices are better, and I just think that my kids would enjoy the combination of food and atmosphere better. At CR, my kids would've loved the atmosphere but hate the food.

Just some things to consider.

I would vote for 50's Prime Time, we went in Oct. and the food was wonderful. Our server was great, she was funny but not overbearing. DD3 had a good time.

I am from Panama City Beach and we have really fresh seafood so I am kinda spoiled. Coral Reef did not really wow me.

Hope that helps, it is tough.

Definitely 50's PT--Coral Reef is actually my least favorite restaurant we've been to at WDW. The food was gross (except for the Land & Sea appy), the waitstaff was rude and the restaurant looks really outdated.

50's PT is fun (or can be, depending on your server), the food is decent and the decor is super cute!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter