5 Things You've Never Done

StraightToDumbo

Monorails kill dreams.
Great conversation, guys! Never really thought about this. The only things I'm aware I haven't done (besides the new stuff) are:

Hall of Presidents- Something always happens to a family member near here and I never make it in.

20,000 Leagues Under the Sea- Looked too creepy back in the day for me.

I didn't start going until the late 90s so there's a lot that I never did before that obviously. But starting from when I started going…

1. Country Bears. I think I finally have to rectify that this upcoming trip.

2. Swiss Family Treehouse - I have no interest in this one… ever.

3. China/France/Canada shows - There's so much to do in WS, I just see no reason to spend time watching poorly-aged (from what I've heard) videos.

4. Hoop Dee Doo Review - I know people love it but I could never see myself spending the money for something like that.

5. Tom Sawyer's Island - Might do this one on the upcoming trip… But it's nothing that I'm dying to try.

I didn't start going until the late 90s so there's a lot that I never did before that obviously. But starting from when I started going…

3. China/France/Canada shows - There's so much to do in WS, I just see no reason to spend time watching poorly-aged (from what I've heard) videos.

4. Hoop Dee Doo Review - I know people love it but I could never see myself spending the money for something like that.

5. Tom Sawyer's Island - Might do this one on the upcoming trip… But it's nothing that I'm dying to try.
I have to comment that personally I find the Canada film pretty entertaining (though at this point, you are right, it is dated, I remember I went when it was "new"), although I have to say that if standing (and even somewhat on an ECV) it does make me a bit "woozy", and I don't get motion sick. I also love the scenery, and LOVE LOVE LOVE "Oh Canada". :)(

And I know I'm going to face major flack (no flaming - PLEASE - this is just IMHO!!!!) I've done Hoop twice, and did not think it was "all that". (especially not for the price, which was always overpriced, IMHO). And yes - the food is great "comfort food" (especially the fried chicken), but I just go next door to Trail's End, and enjoy many more options there.

The rest I've done, and found them "meh".

There are no park attractions, current or past (I've been going since 1978), that I've never done. There are other onsite experiences that I haven't done, of course. There are loads of restaurants I've never been to because we very rarely do table service meals on property. I've never done most of the tours and such. I've never been to either the Halloween or Christmas parties.

If I had not met my wife, that list would be mine as well. She showed me things that we now can't miss...like HDDR...and I HATE fried chicken.

There are no park attractions, current or past (I've been going since 1978), that I've never done. There are other onsite experiences that I haven't done, of course. There are loads of restaurants I've never been to because we very rarely do table service meals on property. I've never done most of the tours and such. I've never been to either the Halloween or Christmas parties.
The parties are tha bomb. I highly suggest you get that off the list.

1. A TON of the restaurants on site...nothing really has anything exclusive enough for me to want to esp living in New York.

2. The riverboat...no interest at all.

3. Astro Orbiters

4. Characters in flight balloon

5. Main Street trolly show

1. A TON of the restaurants on site...nothing really has anything exclusive enough for me to want to esp living in New York.

2. The riverboat...no interest at all.

3. Astro Orbiters

5. Main Street trolly show
@CampbellzSoup - I have also never done Characters in Flight - always WANTED to, but it was either closed due to weather, or something else came up, or whatever. I promise - if you and I are EVER there at the same time, and get to meet - I will do this WITH YOU!!! :) :) Then I can cross TWO "REALLY want to do!!!!" items off my list at the same time - meeting you,. and the big balloon. :) :o

This is partly how we feel. We enjoy fine dining but have so many options at home that we don't need to pay the big Disney premium to do it there. I'm sure many of the restaurants are very good but that's not how we care to spend our time or money when we're at Disney.

Haven't done that either. I think it would be neat but have no burning desire to do it. We've had plenty of opportunities. I think this is one of those things that belongs on the "Once we move to Orlando" list. The same goes for the restaurants. If we were living in the area, I could see us choosing a Disney restaurant when we want to go out for a special meal. Just not while we're visiting with limited time.

1. Stay at a Magic Kingdom area resort.
2. Any of the shows in World Showcase
3. Rope drop at any of the parks
4. Hoop Dee Doo Revue
5. The video at the end of One Man's Dream

Prior to this past trip I had not done Test Track or Dinosaur but I did them both so those are two bigs ones that I think *most* Disney fans have done

We haven't stayed on site very often so there are a lot of resorts we haven't stayed at and while we do enjoy eating out while on vacation there are just so many that we haven't done them all

As for attractions:
1) the Muppets in Liberty Square
2) Ellen's energy adventure (just do want to devote so much time to it)
3) the welcome show (RIP)
4) Astro orbitor (always has too long of a long be to justify)
5) the China 360 movie

There are a tone we've only done once and not recently but most things I think we have done at least once (other than brand new things like the Pixar concert)

1. Stay at a Magic Kingdom area resort.
2. Any of the shows in World Showcase
3. Rope drop at any of the parks
4. Hoop Dee Doo Revue
5. The video at the end of One Man's Dream

If they ever bring back the Walt movie at the end of One Man's Dream I recommend it - I always tear up watching it

We also finally did hoop dee doo review and absolutely loved it - wish we started going sooner

I've had various visits to WDW between 1987 and 2012. These are things I somehow missed or had no desire to do.

1. World of Motion
2. Astro Orbiters
3. Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor
4. Any AK musicals (Nemo, Pocahontas, Tarzan) except Festival of the Lion King.
5. Rafiki's Planet Watch

There's more but that's the top 5 I can think of right now.

I've had various visits to WDW between 1987 and 2012. These are things I somehow missed or had no desire to do.

1. World of Motion
2. Astro Orbiters
3. Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor
4. Any AK musicals (Nemo, Pocahontas, Tarzan) except Festival of the Lion King.
5. Rafiki's Planet Watch
World of Motion was one of my favorites. Test Track is fun but given the choice, I'd much rather have that back.
Funny how Astro Orbiters turns up on the list for many people. It's kind of a forgotten attraction. Very slow load time and just not worth the effort.
Laugh Floor is fun. If you haven't been, put it on your list for the next visit.
I think the AK musicals are great. Tarzan Rocks was a fun, energetic show. We miss that. Nemo is near-Broadway quality. We see it every time.
Planet Watch leans more toward the younger crowd but still fun for all. The train ride is neat and you get to see some stuff at AK you can't otherwise see. Worth doing at least once.

World of Motion was one of my favorites. Test Track is fun but given the choice, I'd much rather have that back.
Funny how Astro Orbiters turns up on the list for many people. It's kind of a forgotten attraction. Very slow load time and just not worth the effort.
Laugh Floor is fun. If you haven't been, put it on your list for the next visit.
I think the AK musicals are great. Tarzan Rocks was a fun, energetic show. We miss that. Nemo is near-Broadway quality. We see it every time.
Planet Watch leans more toward the younger crowd but still fun for all. The train ride is neat and you get to see some stuff at AK you can't otherwise see. Worth doing at least once.
I think World of Motion is the only original Futureworld pavilion I never went on. Somehow I missed it.

I think World of Motion is the only original Futureworld pavilion I never went on. Somehow I missed it.
I'm not positive but I think it was the attraction with the highest number of animatronics. It might still hold that record. Does anyone know?

Oh wow - I'm with you on 4/5 of these - I like swiss family tree house. I wanted to do hoop dee doo, but it seems expensive - not a good value. I seem to always zip when the family zags to country bears. I've never even walked around the entire world showcase. I've got 4 kids 7 and under, and it just seems like every time we go someone is melting down. This past trip we planned ahead and everyone was good, but there were torrential downpours for 4 hours.

I have to throw some love to Astro Orbiters. Its Fun! The views are AMAZING

I'm going to take a new approach, 5 things I've never done that I will definitely do next time:

1 - Garden Grill - We tried to akershus last trip, glad it didn't work out. We're gonna do garden grill next time
2 - Splash mountain - Yep - we never fast pass it, and this last trip we did, but it was cold and the kids didn't want to get wet
3 - Carrot cake dessert at Hollywood studios - Gotta do it
4 - Talking mickey - seems line fun
5 - World showcase - Actually make it all the way around

2 - Splash mountain - Yep - we never fast pass it, and this last trip we did, but it was cold and the kids didn't want to get wet
5 - World showcase - Actually make it all the way around

No Splash or World Showcase!?!? Rectify that soon!

Being a local now, and coming almost every summer as a kid, there are STILL things i haven't done yet and are still running today. I really need to breeze through them someday.

Hall of presidents...country bear jamboree...etc.

I would like to eat in each country in Epcot. My dad loves Germany, so we always eat there. I ate once at the quick service in China. Thats it.

1. Enchanted Tails with Belle: I feel like I would need to rent a child to do this.

2. Astro Orbiter: same as most people, it's just too long of a wait

3. Victoria and Alberts: I never even brought a sports jacket just in case I could get in

4. Cirque du Soleil

5. Ridden Small World without getting stuck for at least 20 minutes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter