5 Star Eastern Excursion

ThreeDaughters

Earning My Ears
What was your most favorite Eastern excursion? I've never been on the Eastern, but we did the kayak tour on castaway cay and my friend flipped over backwards out of the kayak when I pulled it onshore. It was a hoot!

We did the "afternoon beach bash" at St maarten. It was a nice beach area but the time at the beach is very short, maybe 2 hours. Other than the orient beach area I can't imagine there being anything else to see on the island. The whole bus ride there all we saw was poverty! I almost felt bad enjoying myself on the beach after seeing all the rundown living conditions along the way. At St. Thomas we took the island tour. It was long and St. Thomas is extremely hot and humid!! If you like to shop I recommend just taking a taxi into town (only 2 miles or so from port), and doing it yourself so your time is not limited. We enjoyed the banana boat ride at Castaway, the kids expecially liked it. :sunny:

We did the 5 Star last year and it was very nice but on last April's cruise we did Cpt Nautica and it was way more fun. Boat trip was fast and an excursion in it's self. They took us to 2 snorkel spots and a beach to unwind. I also enjoyed the trip to Orient beach. Did the parasail for $30.00 less than Castaway Cay. Took a taxi for $6.00 per person each way. My wife objected to so much nudity. I had forewarned her but it was more than she was prepared to accept so we only stayed a few hour. That said there were lots of things to do and equipment to rent and enjoy and by the way did I mention the nudity? ;) Have a great cruise!

My DH and kids have done the Golden Eagle catamaran excursion TWICE!!!! They did the snorkeling thing and just had a ball! The catamaran was beautiful and a lot of fun!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter