5 People, 10 meals and 15 pounds!! Dining on DDP

mitushib

DIS Veteran
First a little about ourselves:

Me,DH, DS4, DN [Dear neighbor], DNS4 [Dear Neighbor's four year old son]

I have been planning this trip for a while now and were very excited to be on the dining plan. We are usually counter service kind of people. We were in Disney for 5 days and ate our stomachs out.

A little more about DN though. She always seemed to order the wrong item and end up not liking it. I cannot vouch if the item was bad or did not match her taste but considering it happened at each meal I can safely say that not letting her choices influence my reviews would be the wise thing to do.

I could not get pictures of every meal. Sometimes the kid were cranky or we were in a hurry. As it is DN thought I was a little nuts!

The restaurants that we will be reviewed:

Everything POP (breakfast) Pg 1 Post 6
Coral Reef (Lunch)
Marrakesh (Dinner)
Everything POP (breakfast)
Toy Story Pizza Planet(Lunch)
Wolfgang Puck Café Express (Dinner)
Crystal Palace (Lunch)
Kona Cafe(Dinner)
Pizzafari (Breakfast)
Mara [Lunch]
Maya Grill (Dinner)

For snacks we did Goofys candy company, Aloha Isle, Vegetable Curry Samosa cart, Mickey ice creams, POP Century and a few other places which I will remember eventually.

First thing first do believe people when they say that DDP is a lot of food do believe them. We are a foodie family. We eat pretty well but DDP was a lot of food for us too! Also do not keep postponing buying snacks as at the end you end up buying anything you lay hands on just to use up your snack credits.

Remember that each Table Service meal will take at least 2 hours of your time. Our resort concierge told us that Disney will convert TS to CS if needed. I did not ask the ratio bu it can be done. We actually welcomed the TS as it mean some downtime for the two 4 year olds we were traveling with. Also just to clarify about kids meal and dessert. There is a huge variety of kids menu to choose from and the kids did not Jello even one meal.

UP Next: POP Breakfast...

One beauty of the dining plan is that never once did we haveto tell my kid that he could not buy a particular item as long as it was health appropriate.

Everything POP is usually very crowded in the breakfast hours and it is advisable to either go very early or wait till about 9:30-10 and venture in there otherwise the lines resemble Splash Mountain!!!

The first day we had our breakfast we were into conserving counter services afraid they would be finished before our trip did. So DH and I shared the POP Waffle Platter w/bacon or sausage which came with a drink. For thos who have not seen this item its a big circular waffle with the POP Centruy logo baked in the middle. They top it with a strawberry topping and serve it bacon. It is quite filling and even shared lasted us both till lunch comfortably. My DS4 ordered Mickey Waffles with bacon and applesauce. He was so thrilled to eating the mickey waffles that he ate both pieces without having to be urged/bribed or threatened which is usually the case with most of his meals.

Overall pretty good value for money. A word of advice here do not buy the refillable mug unless you plan to spend atleast one whole day at the resort. The DDP comes with its own drinks, you can't use the mug in the parks and its really not worth the hike from the room for a mug of coke when you can have a can in the fridge. I did buy the mug but its a hassle carrying it in the parks all day and not a great deal if u plan to use it once or twice.

Coming next: Coral Reef- A pleasant surprise!

Thanks for the intros and the Pop food court review - now on to the good stuff :thumbsup2

Thanks for the reviews! I can't wait to read more! :)

Excellent start ~ Looking forward to reading more.

I think it is funny that you say your DN always ordered the wrong items. My mother usually has the same problem. It has been so bad in the past that my sister will look at the menu and decide what my mother should get. Not that she is at all incompetent or anything she just sometimes has really bad luck in restaurants. :confused3

I am looking forward to reading your reviews. Keep 'em coming. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!