$5 off / point ends End of March

KaterBell

I've been Pugged!
Just wanted to share the news...

I spoke with my "new" guide today, as we just started the process to purchase 200 points at BCV with DVC TODAY! :) YAY!

He mentioned that the incentives for buying into DVC are ending on March 31 - end of month. He stated you can either choose to get $5 off per point ($70 / point) or get 5 nights free at a Deluxe Resort on property (Contemp, Poly, Y&BC, etc. but not the GF )...

Just wanted to share, as I had read from some people that they weren't sure how long the incentives would last. Hope that helps at least one person out there! ;)

Congratulations & WELCOME HOME! I'm not surprised they're stopping the incentives... I spoke with our guide last week & she said they're already 20% sold...

Congratulations! Thanks for posting the update! I am glad I just did my add-on on Saturday to my original BCV purchase. Its good to know that BCV is selling so well.

My guide is out today....we're in NY and can't buy through the mail yet. Have a trip planned for late April. Has anyone else heard that the incentive is over this week? Has anyone ever gotten a "pre-increase" price because their home state was not yet approved? Do you think they'll allow that for the incentive?

Thanks.

My guide is out today....we're in NY and can't buy through the mail yet. Have a trip planned for late April. Has anyone else heard that the incentive is over this week? Has anyone ever gotten a "pre-increase" price because their home state was not yet approved? Do you think they'll allow that for the incentive?

Thanks.

We have seen this post and others about the incentives going away. DH would REALLY prefer to visit before we buy. We can't visit until early May.

DH spoke to our guide yesterday about our problem. She said she had been told by her supervisor that she would get a 1 week notice before the ending of incentives. As of the time of our phone call she had not received any notice.

I really don't know what to believe! We are talking about going ahead and starting the paperwork. Putting the $500 down, then not returning the paperwork until our trip. Again our guide says once we put the $500 down the incentives and price are "locked in". I hope it true.

We are also patiently waiting to add-on in NY. I spoke to my guide last week she said Legal dept. had no idea when NY would be approved and it would not happen before Easter. I told my guide how many points we wanted and only if the incentive was still on. We plan on banking them so no hurry. I am hoping since we are loosing out (if we wanted to book) that even if the incentive is over that NY (and/or CA) would still be able to purchase at $70.

DH talked to our guide on Friday to see if she heard anything yet (nope :confused: ) and she assured him that the incentives were still in place. I sure hope they don't end at the end of March cause it'll be a sad birthday weekend for me (and Easter Sunday too as DH and I will pout all day! :(

Kate :earsboy: :earsgirl:

We talked to a DVC rep today and he verified that, yes, the incentive is over March 31. So we did our BCV add-on today. We were going to wait a bit, but we sure didn't want to pass on the incentive. So if you're seriously thinking about it, I wouldn't wait.

WRONG! I just spoke to "Byron" and he assured me the $5 incentive is still on past March 31. Oddly (as I told him) the 2 previous reps I spoke with did say it was ending Mar 30. I told him that and he said it was something to do with the amount of the down payment-not the discount. I am going down to Clearwater friday 3-29 and on to the VWL Sunday night. I had planned to purchase a 100 point add-on that week and insisted he put in writing that the price was indeed $70 per point that week yet. I told him I could stop friday and sign up 100 points and he said not to worry.

Is there a point minimum to get the $5
per point discount?

Or the 5 nights free??? Do the nights need
to be consecutive or can they be split to
cover different trips???

Does anyone know? Bueller? Bueller?

"Pix" :)

Maybe this is just what others talked about earlier...that you can't use the $5 as part of your downpayment? In other words, if you are buying 150 points, it is $11,250 before incentive. 20% down would be $2,250. At first you could apply the incentive ($750) towards that $2,250, only put $1,500 down. But I guess they are changing that so that you have to put all of the downpayment down (e.g. $2,250 for 20% down, the $750 will be taken off the balance owed).

My guide didn't get back to me. I know they're busy, but I hate waiting 24-48 hours for a call back.

No idea on the hotel nights, but I think it was 100 points minimum for the $5 discount. I can tell you when I told Byron I needed 100 points-it did qualify for the discount.

It is 100 points minimum for the $5 off . For hotel stays it is 3 nights with 100 points, 5 nights with 150, 7 nights with 200, etc.

Pixiedustforever. Just to add on to what kem330 said, you do have to use all of your 3, 5 or 7 nights in a row.

JeffreyH... I have a feeling you are right, technically the guides are not lying when they are telling their people the incentive is over since this incentive will technically be over and the "new" incentive with the $5 off (NOT to be used towards your down payment) will start. JMO.

Mattsmom, I'm sure that if your guide told you your price was locked in, then you can trust that. When you put a downpayment on anything, then the contract is entered. You should be okay.

Just spoke to my guide....

There are no known plans to eliminate the incentive. And when they do decide to eliminate it the guides have been told there will be "ample notice", hopefully several weeks.

What is changing is that you will no longer be able to use the $5/point as part of your downpayment. If you want to put 20% down on 150 points, you'll have to come up with the full $2,250.

I heard the same thing today from my guide as you did Jeffrey. What is being d/cd is that you will no longer be able to use your $5 off pp incentive toward the down payment. Otherwise the $5-off deal will still be there. It's just known for how long.

I hope that the $5 incentive doesn't go away before May. That's when we plan to buy. It really doesn't matter if it can be part of the downpayment to us.

I tried to call Celeste yesterday and her VM said she would be out until April 1st. Worried that I might miss out on something, I asked to speak with someone else and got Byron. He told me that the only change going into effect the end of this month is a finance rate change, no other changes. Enteresting eh, yet another twist. I had him sign me up for a 100 pts right then just to be on the safe side. He said Celeste would get the credit anyway as they help each other out, which I thought was nice.

Alice Sr.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter