• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

5 Nights @ WL + 4 Night DCL + 3 Nights BLT = As Seen on Youtube - PreTrip Report

That is AWESOME!! I have my fingers crossed over here for you!

Ut oh though, the Woodfield Mall is literally 2 miles from my apartment! Would they be upset if I came and hung out at least once a month? I did buy into DVC at the last presentation.....and oooohhhhh will you be wearing a lanyard? I hope you are, and I hope I can trade pins with you! I really hope you get the job! :yay: Good Luck!! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

That is AWESOME!! I have my fingers crossed over here for you!

Ut oh though, the Woodfield Mall is literally 2 miles from my apartment! Would they be upset if I came and hung out at least once a month? I did buy into DVC at the last presentation.....and oooohhhhh will you be wearing a lanyard? I hope you are, and I hope I can trade pins with you! I really hope you get the job! :yay: Good Luck!! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

You guys bought!!! Thats awesome!!! The DVC rocks!
I hope I get the job too... I'll let you know how Thursday goes. The bad part is, there is no way I'm going to be able to sleep until I find out for sure if I got the job or not.

If I get the job I get to say "Welcome Home" to you. And if I don't get the job - I say we make plans to hang out there once a month anyways!! :thumbsup2

-nat

sending lots of pixiedust for your interview Natale!! That just sounds like the perfect job for you!!!

pixiedust:

sending lots of pixiedust for your interview Natale!! That just sounds like the perfect job for you!!!

pixiedust:

Thanks!
Just one more day... the interview isn't until 4pm tomorrow. I don't know how I am going to make it through the day. I have already been asking myself 'Disney / interview' related question trying to prepare myself. :rotfl:

-nat

And if I don't get the job - I say we make plans to hang out there once a month anyways!! :thumbsup2

-nat
I hope you get the job! But, if not that sounds like a plan....either way I will hang out there once a month minimum!

Thanks!
Just one more day... the interview isn't until 4pm tomorrow. I don't know how I am going to make it through the day. I have already been asking myself 'Disney / interview' related question trying to prepare myself. :rotfl:

-nat

Good luck tomorrow!!!!! Sending you some Pixie Dust....all it takes is a little Faith, Trust and Pixie Dust!

THANKS for the pixie dust!

I hope I can sleep tonight!!! (just got home from work a bit ago!! It's almost tomorrow) ;)

-nat

The interview went well... I think... but you never really know what they are looking for until you hear, "You got the job." or "No thanks."
I have been thinking about it non stop since Thursday and am hoping for the best. :thumbsup2

DISNEY UPDATE: My parents are coming with us FOR SURE!!! They just finished paying for the cruise and I booked them two nights at the Wilderness Lodge for after the cruise!!!! :cool1: Can I get a "WOOP WOOP!!"

I love cruising and the DVC and now I get to share both with them on the same vacation!

-nat

Ok - So here's the update on the whole job thing. I didn't get it. :sad1:
I asked the cast member who interviewed me what I should do to increase my chances of getting the job next time and he said to try and get some more sales experience. I was depressed at first - but then I decided not to let it get me down too much. So later that afternoon I drove over to the mall and got a part time seasonal job at the Disney Store. :lmao: Hey - it could turn into a permanent part-time job. :thumbsup2 Plus the Disney perks are great if it does turn permanent.
I'm sure that this job isn't really the 'sales experience' that he was talking about. But... it can't hurt! Plus I really had my heart set on being a cast member!!!
The interview process for the Disney Store was painless. It went quickly and by the end of the interview she told me I had the job pending a background check. (I'm sure I'll pass!) :rolleyes1
I guess I can start working at the Disney Store as soon as next week some time.

I don't think I told you all... but the hours at Whole Foods were getting rough! I was working 2pm - 10:30pm four days a week. Not the easiest thing to do with two small children. So I talked to them and went seasonal. So whenever I have time or whenever they need me we'll get in touch and work out a schedule. The best part about it is I get to keep my discount! :thumbsup2 They are opening a new location in the spring of 2010 - so I may try to work at the bakery there, if I can get better schedule.

OK - NOW BACK TO YOUR REGULARLY SCHEDULED PROGRAM:

I'm so excited about my parents joining us on the cruise and so is Dexter! He can't wait to show them around the ship. They have such a special bond with that TinyMan! :)
The cruise seems like all I talk about with my parents now! :laughing:

I really need to work on an actual Disney update. :rolleyes1 I'll have time this week... so I'll try to work on a update and a new video. PLUS - I really need to start training for the 5k!!! We are still more then 6 weeks out (my minimum training time)- but I'm cutting it close!
I'm also thinking about adding a few days to the front of our trip now that I don't have to worry about asking the time time off work :laughing:.

More later
-nat

Sorry the 1st job didn't work out for you right now Natale but ya never know in the future.

That's so cool you were able to get right in at TDS! I'm still so upset that they closed all of ours! (but my wallet isn't!)

I had started running a few weeks ago and was getting really going good. Of course I caught the flu last week and haven't lifted a finger, let alone actually RAN somehwere, since. My DH did buy me a nice IPOD touch for our anny. Hopefully that will give me the motivation I need to get going again. It was amazing how much stonger my body and lungs felt after just 2 weeks of running! Good Luck with the training!

Sorry the 1st job didn't work out for you right now Natale but ya never know in the future.

That's so cool you were able to get right in at TDS! I'm still so upset that they closed all of ours! (but my wallet isn't!)

I had started running a few weeks ago and was getting really going good. Of course I caught the flu last week and haven't lifted a finger, let alone actually RAN somewhere, since. My DH did buy me a nice IPOD touch for our anny. Hopefully that will give me the motivation I need to get going again. It was amazing how much stronger my body and lungs felt after just 2 weeks of running! Good Luck with the training!

Running is alot harder then it seems at first... but it's amazing how your body adapts and you are able to run longer and faster. Kinda cool.
Sorry you had the flu... seems like everyone is getting sick. :mad: I love IPODs and do not know how the world survived without them. I have the little IPOD shuffle and LOVE it!!! I love how you can just clip it on your shirt and don't need an arm band.

I hope you were able to get back into it!
My DH isn't as nice as yours.... I asked him what he thought about me running and eating better and he said.... "It's about time!" :eek:
I didn't get too mad... cause he's right.

Thanks for reading!
-nat

Great pre-TR! Congrats on getting a job at the Disney store since that was what you wanted. I worked at WDW back in 1999 on the college program and then temporarily worked part-time at my local Disney Store a few years later.

Also, good luck on your run. I learned how to run by doing the C25k program - but it's a 9 week program. It teaches you how to go from no running to running a 5k. As you can see from the ticker in my sig below, I'm now doing the full marathon on Jan. 10.

I can't wait for more updates! Your kids are so precious. You guys are a cute family.

So yesterday I started thinking about our trip and how I really haven't been planning it. Then I started to panic.
I started thinking about the cost of food & if it really is better now that I decided not to get the DP. And then I started thinking - well if I am going to possibly get the DP then I better make ADRs because it's getting close.

ANYWAYS - we changed our minds again and are going to get the DP. Thank goodness we aren't going during a really busy time. I was able to get most of the ADRs that I wanted.:thumbsup2

So here's are plans (with pictures from last year)...

Wednesday - Arrive in Orlando around 3pm, take the Magical Express to our resort.
2009220.jpg

After we check in to the Wilderness Lodge and drop off our unnecessary carry ons, I thought we would take the boat over to the Magic Kingdom and grab a snack. :lovestruc
We have ADR at Whispering Cannon Cafe for dinner. It's kind of a late dinner - but I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't grab a hotdog in the park.
2009332.jpg

Thursday - Have breakfast in the room (still not sure if I'm going to order Garden Grocery or some other grocery delivery service) This will be our Hollywood Studio Day. I don't think I have EVER done our HS day first but it works out because I was told that there is a bus from HS to the Wide World of Sports. I need to go there on Thursday to pick up my race stuff. :)
So I'm thinking we'll eat a counter service for lunch and head over to the WWS around 2-3ish. After I pick up what I need we'll head back our resort. We've been wanting to rent those little boats for awhile and this hopefully will be a perfect afternoon to do so. That night I have ADRs at Tony's Town Square (got to carb load for the big race.. all 3.1 miles) :laughing:

Friday - I'll wake up early and head over to EPCOT :thumbsup2 The 5k starts at 7am. The park doesn't open until 9am... so I'll head back over to the family, or they'll meet me in the park. We'll spend the day in EPCOT.
2009292.jpg
2009029.jpg

The only other plans I have for the day is dinner at the Garden Grill.

My parents will arrive on Friday night or Saturday morning.

Saturday - Breakfast in the room and then finally our Magic Kingdom day!!!
IMG_7186.jpg

I am determined to be there at the rope drop (even if I'm by myself)!! This will be our 'Magical' Magic Kingdom day... I hope my parents get here on Friday so they can enjoy all of today with us!
I have ADR at Chef Mickey's for dinner! :woohoo: I like Chef Mickey's... and last year Dexter had a good time too!
2009237.jpg

Sunday - I'm thinking about breaking the rules and having breakfast at Fort Wilderness. VERY EARLY! (I still havent gotten ADR because I want to confirm that's ok with everyone) This is the day we leave Disney World behind and head over to Disney Cruise Line!!!!
2009280.jpg

My parents are renting a car so we get to drive with them. It's all very exciting. I'm sure this day will be filled with Dexter dragging my parents around the ship and showing him everything he remembers. He's so proud of himself that he knows something my parents don't and can't wait to share it with them. (I LOVE my tiny man!!)

Monday - This is our Nassau day.
2009359.jpg

We love waking up early and eating breakfast outside while watching Nassau get closer and closer. :) We want to get off the boat for sure to get some Rum (lots of rum according to Shawn). I also want to plan something else but I'm not sure what.
I made Palo dinner reservations with Shawn :lovestruc I hope my parents have fun with the kids :rotfl:

Tuesday - Castaway Cay Day!!!! (hopefully) They have a casual 5K in the morning... so I thought it would be fun. The rest of this day will (hopefully) be filled with exploring the island and snorkeling. I'm also thinking about renting a bike :thumbsup2
I believe this is Pirate night!!! :yay: Fireworks!!!
2009374.jpg

Wednesday - Day at sea. There are a bunch of things I'm planning on doing on the boat such as, Martini Tasting, Galley Tour ect. But the only thing that I have FOR SURE planned is a Palo Brunch with my mom!! Can't wait!

Continued on next post...

Thursday - Arrive back at Port Canaveral. :sad1: It's OK - cause it's not time to go home yet! My parents will drive us back to Disney World, we'll check in at Bay Lake Towers. They will be across the lake at the Wilderness Lodge!!! We'll be ditching my parents for awhile and heading to Downtown Disney. We're meeting up with one of my friends for a few hours (she'll be in Disney while we are on the boat).
IMG_7059.jpg

That night we have ADR at Teppan Edo.
2009038.jpg

Friday - Two of our other Florida friends are driving over to see us! We'll be playing in their park of choice until we ditch the kids with my parents and head over to EPCOT where I have ADR for the four of us at Le Cellier!!! :woohoo:

Saturday - Shawn & My dad are going on the Steam Train Tour.
2009153.jpg

Shawn did it last year and LOVED it. I'm thinking that the rest of us will head over to the AK since Shawn hates it :laughing: and then we'll meet up with them later. Don't have ADRs for tonight yet :eek: Our friends & my parents will leave some time today.

Sunday - It's over. :sad2: Our flight doesn't leave until 7pm so today will be our 'catch up' day.
2009596.jpg

WOW! I'm starting to think we'll need a vacation from our vacation!!! I would love to plan a surprise weekend for my family... but that won't happen until Shawn gets called back to work full time. I also think that our 2011 trip will not include DCL... after these two amazing/crazy trips - I'm going to need to slow it down!:)

Thanks for reading!
-nat

Great pre-TR! Congrats on getting a job at the Disney store since that was what you wanted. I worked at WDW back in 1999 on the college program and then temporarily worked part-time at my local Disney Store a few years later.

Also, good luck on your run. I learned how to run by doing the C25k program - but it's a 9 week program. It teaches you how to go from no running to running a 5k. As you can see from the ticker in my sig below, I'm now doing the full marathon on Jan. 10.

I can't wait for more updates! Your kids are so precious. You guys are a cute family.

Thanks for reading!!!
I can't wait to start at the Disney Store. I am going in on Saturday to fill out the rest of my paper work and then on Sunday there is a Cast Member meeting..... hee hee... I'm I Cast Member. (is it wrong that I just got the chills) :rotfl:
The C25K ROCKS! I think for my ninth week I'll actually be running the 5K :) I'm only in my second week but I'm enjoying it (kinda).
Good Luck with the Marathon!!! I think people who run the Marathon are some of the most amazing people out there! I can see myself MAYBE doing a half marathon.... maybe

Thanks again!
nat

Awesome plans! I can't wait to hear all about it!

So, I want to get in shape too! I just went to the doctor and gained 30lbs since May! :eek: I downloaded the C25K App last night and now I just have to start it....:rotfl: How is it going for you? What do you do to stretch? And when do you find time to do it?

Awesome plans! I can't wait to hear all about it!

So, I want to get in shape too! I just went to the doctor and gained 30lbs since May! :eek: I downloaded the C25K App last night and now I just have to start it....:rotfl: How is it going for you? What do you do to stretch? And when do you find time to do it?

Tomorrow I'll be doing the 3rd work out of my 2nd week.
I went out and found a treadmill for $150 - I would have a very hard time finding time to run outside. I may seem like a really bad mommy for saying this... but my secret is... I put the kids in front of the TV, put up the baby gate and do my workout. :) I currently have the treadmill set up in a place where I can watch them during my entire workout, but they can't get to me. :thumbsup2 It's really not safe for them to be around a moving treadmill anyway.
It's going really well... I have also changed my eating habits dramatically!!! No more sweets or really any junk food. My food for the last two weeks has been salads, low calorie soups, fruit, and a few other healthy things. But I really don't feel like I'm depriving myself. I have already lost about 6lbs!!!
Here are my Week one (just started) and Week two pictures.... NO LAUGHING!!!

IMG_8657.jpg
IMG_8669.jpg
IMG_8656.jpg
IMG_8668.jpg

I think I can see it in my tummy and butt :)
Also, come join us at http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2132406 It's a bunch of shrinking Diser.

I kinda just stretch what hurts... don't really have a method. :laughing:

When we are in Disney ALL BETS ARE OFF!!! Only 52 more days until I can have a cookie!!!

-nat

Great itinerary! I can't believe how fast your trip is coming up. It seems like I was just reading your last TR!

Keep up the good work with your running! Great job!

Great job with the running! Those are some great tips if only our itty bitty apartment was bigger. My mom said she would come over in the morning to run with me, but I just don't have the motivation right now, it is getting to cold to be outside and it is almost T-day!

Keep us updated on your progress for the 5K it may just inspire me yet!

Great itinerary! I can't believe how fast your trip is coming up. It seems like I was just reading your last TR!

Keep up the good work with your running! Great job!

I know this trip is going to be here before I know it!!! The next month & a half are going to go VERY quickly!! I can't believe I actually have three jobs now!! :confused: I guess three part time jobs kinda add up to 1 full time job... just really weird hours.

The running is going good, I think I'll be ready in time!

Great job with the running! Those are some great tips if only our itty bitty apartment was bigger. My mom said she would come over in the morning to run with me, but I just don't have the motivation right now, it is getting to cold to be outside and it is almost T-day!

Keep us updated on your progress for the 5K it may just inspire me yet!

Brrrr.... running outside could be rough. I did that last time I was running a few years ago. The trick is to dress like it is 30 degrees warmer outside then it really is. You get warmed up very quickly.
Good luck! It's amazing how quickly your body gets used to jogging.

How about I inspire you to run and you can inspire me to pay off my debt!!! :thumbsup2

-nat

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter